Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

GS
May 3, 2020

Still a great refresher to me and listed in a comprehensive manner which I am thankful for even though I knew some or even a lot of these fundamentals already in a distant and previous life of mine...

JB
Aug 3, 2020

I enjoyed all the presenters of the videos, they really took their time to get me involved and explained all the content clearly. I also enjoyed the videos that talked about current and future trends.

201 - 225 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Chris

Nov 11, 2020

Wow! That was fun AND rich in content. Was very pleased with the depth as well as the pace this program had. Presenters were positive, easy to understand, and clearly enthusiastic about what they had to share. Tech can be intimidating, but throughout the course, personal stories were shared that encouraged "learners" from previous careers to fresh in the career world. Thank you for assembling this program in a way that communicates respect for the learner's time as well as valuing the need for useful and relevant content. A+ (or 5-star).

By Chan S C

Aug 9, 2020

Awesome! I am 59-years old, unemployed and undergoing cancer treatment at this moment. I am quite surprised that I could go through the weeks to the end of Level 1. This is due to the ease of understanding of how the course is being structured and delivered, each video of an optimal length and with interesting contents that makes the learning such a great experience. What can I say...it is a Google production item, where the best of real-world people come together and do great things. Thank you, Coursera and Google for making this possible.

By Diego C

Apr 23, 2020

Thank you to all of the instructors, Google, and Coursera, for making this course possible. As someone who has never attended college, but has an immense interest in technology, it was exciting to be able to learn all of this from home, and feel help me feel like I took a giant step towards an incredible new career. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who has even the slightest interest in pursuing a career in IT as it was very user friendly and and had so much great information. Thank you again to everyone who was involved!!

By Steven T

Apr 4, 2020

This Technical Support course has been great. They really ease you into the fundamentals of computer technology. Being somewhat familiar with computers myself, it was great to go over a solidify a lot of concepts that I knew before, and now I feel I have a much better grasp on what it means to be an IT Support Specialist and work with technology for a living. It's all about learning, and I look forward to learning more and more on my journey through these courses, as well as beyond that once I've started working in the IT field. Thank you!

By Russelle L

Nov 24, 2020

I appreciate this effort, the format, the people who gave their time to participate, the persons who thought of providing such an option and those who were involved because they genuinely wanted to help other people grow and achieve and develop themselves and expand their potential. Sincerely, this has been an informative, encouraging, mind-opening program. It gives me hope to understand technical concepts better, made me feel more capable within myself in pursuing a different field and made me appreciate my good friends in IT even more.

By Nicholas B F

Sep 18, 2020

This course really helped me to brush up with or refresh my fundamental knowledge on IT. This is the kind of education everybody needs to adopt, since it is really effective and interesting. The tutorials were amazing, especially the people involved. No 4 year college, as far as I know, would be able to give this kind of lecturing. The very reason I got out of college midway on purpose is because of this.. I am looking forward to enroll in my upcoming courses, and hopefully end up fulfilling my dream of becoming an IT support specialist.

By Jules J

Nov 17, 2020

This course has given me the driving force to push even deeper into the world of I.T. I've had so much fun learning and getting back to what i truly love " TECHNOLOGY". 2020 has been a problematic year. A year that even in the midst of all that's going on around me i've taking one the biggest steps in bettering myself in years thanks to the wonderful folk at Coursera and DEW. Getting laid off due to the pandemic was hard at the beginning but seeing the opportunity that time has given me I am smiling again. Thanks A Million Coursera!!!!

By Bushar A M

May 26, 2018

It is the best organized course an educational and a technical learning to create and prepare the next /prospective " IT Support Specialists " . To find a job in the "IT Field " Today is easy but to get an affordable , flexible , and well experienced instructors who are already very successful in their career path and working for the World's largest publicly traded company "Google " is very rare . YOU CAME WITH THE STAGES TO PROCESS OF FACILITATING LEARNING AND VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS "GOOD WORK " BY BUSHAR MOHAMED ,,,

By Ronald G

Nov 10, 2020

Thank you Google for your dedication to allow eager people to learn this essential career path. Certificates shouldn't discourage people from going to college, and going to college shouldn't discourage people from adding on a bit continued learning by accepting a certificate! It's all in the devotedness of where you see yourself in a short period of time. Evaluate yourselves, learn what you choose to learn and test your own knowledge, test your discipline, get it done. Besides it's your future you're setting up for success not failure!

By Zachary W

Oct 21, 2019

This is a great way to learn the basics of IT. I enjoyed learning the information. The people that were in the videos did a great job of delivering the information in an exciting way that helped retain the information better. I have already used this information in my day to day life and helped me understand so much about technology around me. I look forward to a possible career in IT and I am eager to get started. This course made my push towards this career much stronger and I have never been more motivated towards my personal goals.

By Trey D

Oct 5, 2020

The course was very insightful and very well put together. Not once, did I feel like I was being bombarded with overly-complicated information. Rather, things were delivered in a way that I, as a newbie to a lot of tech jargon, was able to understand. There is something really cool about knowing all of the things a computer does. It makes me want to share what I know with others and even dig into their own computers; though I won't do that until I get through the course, of course. I feel anxious, but excited to learn more. Thank you.

By Tim M

May 8, 2018

Two things I'd recommend would be having a glossary of terms for each week for students to download. Maybe in flash card format. The other thing that was kind of distracting were the camera shots. One was it'd go back and forth from two different angles way to often. The other was the off angle shot had the host looking forward like they weren't talking to me. I'd suggest either keeping the one shot, maybe using the same angle but going closer when emphasizing something. It was just a little distracting. Otherwise nice program.

By Mea C

Mar 11, 2018

I was worried coming into this course because I have no real technical background but this was surprisingly easy to grasp and I was able to learn a lot! I liked the steady pace that was kept and the updates that let me know when the "deadline" was. I say that because you have until the end of the course to complete most things so there isn't a ton of pressure on the deadline part, however there are still parts of the course that have a time limit but being able to work throughout the week or even ahead of time makes things manageable.

By Raquel W

Nov 29, 2020

I think this course was pretty straight forward in helping me to understand some of the basics of IT. When I began this course, I also started a very stressful full-time job in the healthcare industry. I appreciated the fact that I was able to change my due dates of assignments, since I didn't expect my new job to take such a toll on me. But I love the feature of being able to take notes with the click of a button and re-watch the videos to make sure I understood everything.

So I would definitely recommend this course to others.

By Tim M

Apr 3, 2018

This was an excellent course. It gave an overall summary review of information technology, touching upon seemingly all the important topics. I really admire the way the instructors, who are obviously pros in the IT world, were able to boil the topics down so that people like myself without formal education in IT could understand it easily. At the beginning of Course 1 I had high expectations for what I would learn from Google, and I was not at all disappointed. I am very impressed with the class and I can't wait to move forward.

By Adrian S

Apr 8, 2020

This was quite a wonderful introduction to the world IT, although I know that I have a lot more to learn. Not only was the program very engaging and concise. It was effective with the goal to help introduce people to the world of computer technology and begin becoming hands on learners with technology starting in our very own homes. Thank you to google and everyone who participated in the development of this program. I hope to utilize this information I learned to help do my part to aid in the future of computer technology one day.

By Mariam A

Oct 30, 2020

This is by far the best decision I have made in a while and have no single regret about it. I coudn't have asked for a better way to launch my career in IT. The simplicity and explanation the instructors gave in every module is highly commendable and I am so grateful to all the instructors for their time and effort. Thank you so much for giving a novice like me a chance of achieving a life long dream of becoming an IT specialist. You all have given me a drive and zeal to forge ahead in my career in IT and I am extremely grateful.

By Michael P P

Feb 13, 2018

All of these courses are done well, or well done. I am going through them kind of good because as soon as I complete the course I take the test's and that lets me know how well I am remembering the information I am being taught so if I see an area where I need to do some more study, and concentration I just go back and watch the courses again. I hope we can keep these course studies so I can use them for future reference. I think I may need them, I also want to thank you very much and I am, Michael P. Powers or just Mike will do.

By Raghvendra B

Jun 10, 2020

Course is well-organized and made-easy, because it was delivered in Small Sections, Videos, Questionnaires, Assessments, Reading Suggestions, Quick lab Practicals which I could do at my own pace and time. I must appreciate, how each teacher was aware of previous lessons from other teachers and videos and delivered lesson in correct context which is important for its consistency, effectiveness and continuity. I am sure I will have the same experience in upcoming courses in this certificate program which I am going to follow next.

By Shaik K M

Aug 11, 2020

This Course is Very much Informative and Can Let anyOne change their Words From 'I know nothing about tech' --To--> ' I know Something may be enough to figure somethings for my Tech' and This Course will Build Confidence in Learning and Ability of Doing thing Practically HandsOn.

Instructors were very Good and I would likely say that was more than you could expect even if I say it's Too Much Knowledge., So This Course is taught by Some Tech Gems, I felt this and I'm about to say more Obviously here. Anyway, Happy LearninG . . .

By Ahmed I

May 4, 2020

The course was amazing! The Instructors are so very much amazing too. I just love learn with Google after complete this course. Now I know many interested thing like how to count binary, what is OS, how to properly build up a new PC, how to setup difference kinds of OS, how to handle difficult customers & situation, how to troubleshoot in smart way, how to get ready for interview and many more interesting thins. If you have passion on IT, I recommend this course for you whatever degree you have or not. Happy learning :)

By Anagha B C

May 1, 2020

First of all I joined this course just in a wonder Oh it's Google's course and I successfully completed my first week and after that I took a break, which was definitely a long break from continuing this course and then the deadlines was approaching closer and closer. I started to learn from there. And it was getting interesting day by day. I finished my week 2 by 5 days and week 3 & 4 by a single day. Week 5 was gone in a FLASH and completed my week 6 TODAY!! THANK YOU GOOGLE and the MENTORS for this wonderful course

By DAVID E M V

Sep 1, 2020

thanks

Ahora en mi idioma original

Muchas pero muchas gracias, a decir verdad es mi primera experiencia, pero ha sido la mejor, siento satisfacción y honra, al tener personas tan pero tan preparadas y tan humanas y excelentes personas, no tengo como describir mi emoción, a ustedes muchas gracias, y espero poder tener maneras de seguir aprendiendo de ustedes, solamente me dieron 2 meses y no pude tener mas que esto, pero igual, espero poder aprender mas de ustedes por este medio o directamente de ustedes, muchas gracias.

By ROHIT M

May 1, 2020

So much knowledge in this course regarding the IT support role work. the explanation is also in detail. I learned about understanding how the binary system works, assemble a computer from scratch, choose and install an operating system on a computer, understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world, learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer, utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology settings.

By Bruno E

Sep 18, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. It allowed me to understand basic concepts and ideiais about the IT field. And now that I have this broader vision, it is easier to plan my next steps.

I found learning about technology really exciting, but it was surprising how much I enjoyed the modules about troubleshooting and customer service, because, in the end, the most important things, in our career or personal lives, comes from the way we make decisions and how we relate to people from around.

Excited to start the second course!