Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

AE
Nov 25, 2020

It was great learning with all the mentors and I learned lots of new things and also get to know about the experiences of the mentors themselves. Also, I am looking forward to continuing this journey.

AH
Oct 3, 2018

Starting from scratch, I feel like I've gained a great basic understanding of IT support. It was informative, and it has motivated me and left me hungry for more. I am pumped to start the next course!

176 - 200 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Vincent M R

Oct 7, 2020

This Course is an efficiently paced course with indepth examples and tools that help you learn and better understand concepts in IT and more. Most concepts being taught are compressed into short videos where practically every second counts. The upside of this is you get to the meat of the lesson very quickly. The downside of this is that there are points in which you may feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of teminologies being thrown around. But self-pacing quickly works around the problem of not understanding terms. And you can always take down notes and do research on things you don't completely understand.

By Andrei F

Jan 23, 2021

Simply amazing! What a great and transparently easy to grasp job you've done! I've liked Google since the beginning but now, I respect and admire your work, your culture, your job and your "everything to it" deal. Because it's the "everything to it" deal that makes things happen. How many takes for each class to be shot, how many revisions until each class was written and approved. How much planning? How many people involved investing their degrees, names, faces and careers? And probably one million other things. Thank you Google! Thank you so much! As far as Coursera, I've loved them for a long time now.

By Candice R

Jul 12, 2018

I think that this platform for learning is great and I'm interested in learning more and completing the program. Throughout the first part there were some obstacles to get over, but they were accomplished. I thank the support department for their help when needed. I didn't like that I wasn't aware of not getting my peer response completed in week 2 when I had thought I was done because I chose the virtual build and didn't see an option to grade others? Not sure what happened, but I know I wouldn't of moved forward if I knew that it wasn't completed. Overall I'm excited and ready for my next course.

By Thomas W

May 16, 2020

The course was a great introduction to I.T. support. The concepts were explained in a way that made it easy to understand and the length of the videos was perfect. The instructors were great and were easy to follow. The only improvements I would make to the course would be to re-film the areas where there were errors. Before I took this course I had read reviews of it where people were stating it was a joke because of the amount of errors contained within it. I would like Google Cert to be regarded highly within the industry and fixing the errors, however small, would go a ways to achieving this.

By Beethoven P M

Oct 24, 2020

There is something that I always learned in life " when you like something and you do it with passions, it is a good path to the successful route ".

From the first introduction module to how to get through a Technical interview, I have learned a lot and make a lot of experiences such as the best practice to troubleshooting, an exciting experience in mastering now the binary code by reading and making more search about it, a small language detail between bytes and bit could be a huge difference.

Practice times! Virtual machine - Accessing Qwiklabs, I think we need to insert more practice modules.

By Kerrance M W

Jun 20, 2018

This course was a delight to take. I have always had a passion for IT, but never really completed my formal training. Part of the problem was I could not find the time to take classes at the local trade school. This certificate not only taught me a nice overview of technical support, it has a very flexible schedule that allowed me to complete it on my own time. The lectures are parsed out in a way that is very easy to comprehend. The instructors are also very animated, and that plays a key role in making the information fun and interesting. I look forward to writing my review of my next course!

By Md. R R

Aug 17, 2020

I've taken a few courses in Coursera so far and I think this was the best one. The course was very well organized and explained complicated things in a simpler manner. I think everybody should take this course. At first I was confused whether to enroll in this course or not. I thought this introductory fundamental won't be that much of a deal. But to my utter surprise I found out that I learned so many things. There are so many IT terms we use everyday not knowing what that means or what that does. This course described many of those basic terms which were very essential for anyone I think.

By Zonaida R

Dec 17, 2020

This is a great course for people interested in IT. It a general overview of the field and also other avenues of career options within the field. I also have a better understanding of how my devices work with each other and how they work with the internet and home network. The only downside to this course is the use of Qwiklabs for some of the quiz modules. It is not a user-friendly software, especially for beginners. I feel the instructions need to be a bit more simplified. There were a few missed steps that were not covered in the instructions. Specifically in the PuTTY lab projects.

By Alejandro P A

Oct 11, 2020

I came to the course with some background in IT and other types of technology. Being it a beginners course, a good part of the information was just refresher for me. However, I could appreciate how the methodology would absolutely help someone with no previous knowledge of IT, to understand the basics and confidently talk about it. I found the practical quizzes especially useful for this. Additionally, and since the course is oriented towards IT Support, I did learn some important things about customer service and self promotion that will come in handy in future endeavours. Recommended.

By Mark C R

Before I start this course I was looking for many courses to develop my skills and improve my knowledge. And I followed some courses as well. But this is the perfect course that I ever had. Lessons are easy to understand and they are very clear. All the lessons are handled by professional instructors. They are conducting all the lessons efficiently step by step. Anyone can understand properly. For me, I had a great chance to develop my skills. Actually I'm really proud for following this course with Coursera. I recommended this to anyone who needs to certified professionally. A++++++

By Raditya n

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful for the people who aren't familiar with computers, this course needs no minimum knowledge required to start off, the explanations given in the videos are amazing,I already know all the topics that have been discussed but I wanted a certificate for that, But the people who don't know about these modern technology can go through this with ease, and expecting a job only through this certificate I guess it would be mean,nobody would give you a job even if you are talent but with no degree, so keeps all your skills certified with top companies like these

By Amelia H C

Sep 12, 2020

I've been stuck in a rut lately. Haven't been able to find work relevant to my degree. Lots of jobs saying things like "HS diploma or GED" and then requiring 3-4 years in the field and here I was, being told that a degree would get me into those jobs and accounted for my "experience."

Well, all I can say is that this program has provided an amazing opportunity. It's a fantastic and affordable way to get certified in a new field and potentially enter a new line of work and earn new qualifications. I am so thankful that this program has been made available to me and people like me.

By Samuel K

Apr 10, 2020

I'm so proud of myself to reach this peak. Little did I know about IT all along working as an Accountant and Economist. My passion for IT grown when I first decided to pursue a career in Project Management. Now I'm super glad to have completed this resourceful course taught by brilliant IT professionals. To say the cost is far less than value received, is an understatement. No better place to be during this COVID-19 quarantine time than here. Now I look forward to applying and honing this skills in one of the best IT Institutions soon. I'm confident, grateful and super excited!

By Anthony O

Dec 5, 2019

Employees at Google who have worked in IT for several years are teaching the class. This makes it feel like this class will really be worth the money I am spending and worth my time to listen to these instructors. I can only hope that such a certificate will be useful, because I have not received it, nor have I gone out for an IT position in the field. But I am exploring my possibilities with IT, and I believe this class is an excellent place to start. It teaches not only about the hardware involved with many problems you may encounter in the field, but also how it works.

By Nasratullah K

May 2, 2018

I take this chance to thanks both Google and Coursera so much for offering this great opportunity for those who are in the IT Field or interested in IT because it's a great source for online learning that will grow and improve the IT People with hands on experience, practical with scenarios, teach you the new technology and its usage. That's impressive and I really appreciate Google Team and Coursera Team for their hard work and methodology and I highly recommend it for everyone and will encourage everyone to join to get benefit from these online training facilities.

By Kyler W

Sep 20, 2019

This course really helped me to learn more about how the internet works and also how networks are just a bunch of computers connected to other computers and those computers connected to computers through routers and modems and switches that help you navigate smoothly in your network. I also learned key points to IT support including effectively asking questions and problem solving i recommend this class before going to a collage I'm currently in collage as well as working on this certificate this is a cheaper option if you find a course you would like to learn about

By Jackson S

Jan 27, 2018

Excellent introduction to IT and IT support! As an IT professional this primer left me walking away with things I didn't know, which was honestly a welcome surprise! I appreciate the focus on practical, applicable, knowledge rather than focusing on memorizing every peripheral developed between 1990 and today. Instructors are relatable, enthusiastic, and thorough. Every teacher featured does an excellent job of breaking down complex information into understandable terms--like to the point one's grandparent or small child could understand--which is extremely helpful.

By Chris P

Dec 27, 2020

I believe this course is perfectly set up for someone who has beginner to zero knowledge of IT technical support skill or background. Myself, I picked up very useful resources to explore further and found value in the content of this course. I have already recommended this course to others, even those who already have this knowledge but to achieve a certificate anyhow. Thank you for designing this course and offering them.... I am working forwards on learning more in the diverse field and seriously considering a computer science degree going forwards.

C. Peters

By Stevie J

Dec 13, 2020

This is the first online course I ever made it completely through. Google did a great job with the selection of their instructors. They also did a fantastic job working with qwiklabs to develop easy-to-use and accessible tools to simulate real-world issues virtually. I really enjoyed this course and the entire thing took me about a week to finish committing about 3 hours a night and my weekends. If you're a technical person this should come pretty easy and if you're not Google does a really good job explaining the fundamentals of IT and how to put them to use.

By Nathan W

Feb 27, 2019

I am currently a full-time student studying Information Systems in a Bachelor's program while working part-time as an IT intern. As someone who just completed their A+ certification, this material was somewhat simple, but (and it's a big "but"), I have absolutely loved this coursework. The material is presented in a friendly and digestible manner that would be approachable for any IT novice.

My favorite by far was the class in Troubleshooting and Customer Service. I learned a great deal and appreciated the role playing and scenario-driven style of the material.

By Adrian A

Jun 11, 2020

This was a very well constructed intro course into the IT world. I was a bit skeptically about online classes as I have never attempted one before. I thought I would be easily distracted and even messy considering I have never been a great note taker. The videos, the captions, the ability to save notes/sections of video by simply following along and clicking a particular area is PHENOMENAL! The hands on training and being in the comfort of your own home, and seeing RD in action is wild. I'm definitely interested and super eager to continuing to learn more!

By Matthew ' B B

Dec 16, 2018

This is an absolutely outstanding course! The material is explained well enough that most anyone, regardless of your technical background, will understand it. Equally as important it's much more than some basic 'Intro to Computers' type course. When a friend told me about it I was hesitant as I have a decent technical background already (certifications in everything from Deep Learning to Blockchain to CompTIA Security+). However, I filled in quite a few knowledge gaps as well as learned topics I was completely unaware of. All in all... highly recommended!

By Maciej K

Sep 7, 2019

In general it was great :)

I just wish it was a little bit more challenging as far as the Quizes and Tests are concerned. I unerstand that this is the first step, the 'fundamentals' but still I think there should be a little bit more motivational stress when I click on 'start test'. 30min that are given for the tests and I think I have never exceeded 3 minutes. Also there would be nice if there were more little 'test pages' that pop-up during the videos, this makes me a little bit more focused on the content.

But all in all it was great, thanks a lot :)

By Walter G

Sep 5, 2020

It was fairly easy to understand and when you don't understand something you can use the Discussion forum; as someone might already have had the same issue/question as you. They encourage you to get into the state of thinking for yourself and learn not because you'll be graded but to further your understanding of the related subject. That's honestly probably the most important thing you can take with you from this course, learning tech support is just an added bonus. It was pretty user interactive as well which makes learning easier and a bit more fun.

By illych R

Oct 27, 2020

Do not let the lonely 1 start review dissuade you from continuing to pursue this pathway to a career change. The first installment of this 5 part course is meant to slowly introduce you to the world of tech and its specialized technical language. It is easy or hard, depending on your background and exposure to computers. The second part starts to get a little more technical and it slowly continues to become more intricate. It will eventually demand a little more thought process from you, so get excited and start to change that career of yours TODAY!