Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

RP

Jun 04, 2020

This course is excellent for those who would like to learn the basics of IT and would like to broaden their knowledge. I enjoyed seeing videos from multiple instructors who actually work in the field.

FK

Mar 10, 2018

An excellent introductory course. The all around material was well presented, the instructors are doing a great job passing on their knowledge. The weekly assignments were interesting and fun to take.

251 - 275 of 9,600 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Juan J S

Apr 26, 2020

instructor explain with visual videos and it is very good to understand as they provide examples easy to follow and to understand. The labs are easy to follow but the only issue is the RDP to connect to the VMachine as I got disconnected every time that I attempted to connect to a VMachine. So I have to use the alternate method of https://www.allmydesktops.com/app.

By Shaamim U A

Mar 02, 2018

Google is the most fastest growing information technology company in the world. They have researched and developed this course based on the today's market demand. To became an IT professional, I'm really exited to learning all the necessary things here in this course. and finally, a great opportunity to get the certification from the giant IT company, like GOOGLE.

By Alexander D

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very helpful. It gave a foundation of IT support. I was very confident with computers and technology before starting this course, but there was a lot of information that I didn't know until taking this course. The lessons were easy to follow and the labs were very thorough giving you lots of instruction and I never felt lost with what I should do.

By Erik D

Nov 03, 2018

This may be slow for folks already doing basic IT, but for those with computer navigational skills this is a great place to start to move forward. Even if you don't have an interest in working in this field, taking this course teaches you how to more effectively troubleshoot and think critically about whatever issues you might come across in your daily computing.

By Sharjil U

Mar 25, 2020

I think this course is a great refresher and introductory program for those interested in a career in IT. This will serve as a foundation that you can build a more technical skillset on. This program will give you an overview of what a successful, emotionally intelligent IT professional looks like. I am excited to see what else Google and Coursera have in store.

By Rodney O C

Nov 17, 2019

Teaching the fundamentals may seem not necessary, but it is the foundation blocks for success in the IT field. Thank you for putting together instructors that are in the field and that can relate to each of us on several levels. The content was refreshing because it allowed me to place what I had already known into context. Looking forward to the next course.

By Subramanya B

Nov 16, 2019

It is extremely well designed course.They have created a very good learning environment.It keeps you engaged all the time and trust me you will never get bored, the lessons are short but precise, the supplementary reading is good.Instructors are cool and friendly.It helped me to clear some of my fundamental doubts.

Its truly an amazing course!!Cheers to Google

By Ramon T

Sep 11, 2018

great intro course for people interested in IT without much experience. Even with all my knowledge as a network administrator, I learned a lot of things I was unfamiliar with with actual application and machine functions. The instructors appeared knowledgeable and the course was paced in a way that did not make me feel like I was out of my depth or overwhelmed

By Glenn G

Nov 07, 2019

The course is presented in a straightforward manner and is full of good practices for supporting troubleshooting and repair of computers.

I could have skipped some of the videos that introduce the presenters because it is their unique experience towards information technology career that won't necessarily be part of my experience trying to get into I.T. career.

By Randell M

Jun 02, 2019

Having more than 2 decades of IT experience, I can tell you this course does a great job of explaining the base level fundamentals of Technical Support. If you are completely new to IT and/or support, you will gain a lot of insights into the Tech Support field and will get your feet wet in the areas that you will deal with on a daily basis in a real world job.

By Gordon R

Apr 26, 2020

In my opinion, this course was well designed and constructed.

The instructors were clear, interesting, and human.

The resources made available made it easier to follow along.

I learned, and there were only a few, maybe even a couple of occasions when I got confused.

I would recommend this course to anyone.

Google, keep making these great courses.

"IT" was enriching.

By John W J

Mar 10, 2020

A great introduction to the computer tech world! It was a great refresher for me and I look forward to the next courses in this track to learn those things I never got a chance to learn well while on the job. I would recommend this course to anyone whom has the desire and need to get the knowledge they need to start a career in technical support and beyond..

By Tyler Z

Feb 26, 2018

Between doing this on my phone and my computer i encountered a few issues but hey!, it is an IT class anyways so it was okay to have to troubleshoot somethings. Sometimes the videos went a little to fast and i had trouble comprehending what was just said before the next thing was said but over all it was very informative which is what i am here for so 5 stars!

By Dion M A

Mar 31, 2020

I had no idea about what really went into being an IT support specialist. I enjoy working with tech but i did not really know many details about technology. But through this course I learned so much in such a short amount of time. I have an idea of what I should be looking for in the tech industry, and I have confidence that I can make a career in that field.

By FATIMA E A S

Jun 05, 2019

I love that the instructor has mentioned most of the parts that we need to focus on during this course. I love that they provided us with additional links for things that we may want to dig deeper such as the speed of the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. Most importantly, I love that the course started with a challenge such converting decimals to binaries. Excellent job!

By Erin B

Feb 18, 2019

This is a great introduction to the IT Support Services career field. It will help you decide if this is a career in which you can be successful. The instructors are top notch, and the insights from Google employees throughout the course paint a vivid picture of what the job entails, and the skills necessary to be great in it. I highly recommend this course!

By Justin H M

Apr 03, 2018

i Think this course was a very good general review for any IT admin. I am an IT admin and I definitely learned a lot from this course. It was very good with intricate details, a lot of definitions, and good people presenting in the videos. I will recommend this course to people I know would be interested. I will definitely keep going with the google classes!

By Jasper d W

Feb 23, 2018

Great introduction to the Specialization and suited for beginners. Experienced. The quality of video's and instructors is excellent. Also, the use of Google's support platforms is a big advantage for hands on practices. I would recommend anyone who is interested in learning more about the basics of using a computer and operating system to take this course!

By Rajeev P

Mar 16, 2020

The course is perfect for someone who does not even have any idea about IT. The methodologies and examples used to elaborate the terms and ideas in IT is brilliant. Anyone can easily understand the content and idea about the whole course. Actually, everything in this course is very essential to jump start a career in an IT industry. Well done Google Team.

By Nikesh M S

Mar 30, 2018

I really like this course because the teaching methodology is good. And since the IT support has lots of practical thing for oneself to be job ready, so this course does that. Also I have seen lots of software and programming online course but this one is the first one I have seen with IT support. Really looking forward to complete this course. Thank You.

By Chesneau A

Jan 13, 2020

Ce cours était très intéressant, tellement que je n'ai pas vu le temps passé.

Les professionnels sont géniaux, on voit qu'ils sont passionnés. Ils nous expliquent le cours de manière clair et concis.

La plupart des vidéos sont sous-titrés anglais et quelques uns en français.

Les QCM, les simulations et les devoirs permettent de réviser ce que l'on a appris

By Jussara d S L

Jul 01, 2020

Excelente, mais que excelente na verdade. Conteúdo maravilhoso, assim como a didática. Eu tenho muita dificuldade pra absorver conteúdo. E a didáticos dos intrutores é fazer referência do conteúdo com a rotina do dia a dia e dessa forma o conteúdo fixa melhor. Com certeza, me tornei uma profissional melhor com o conhecimento adquirido nesse treinamento.

By Nicole W

Nov 30, 2019

Overall, I think it is essential that you know the fundamentals. Without knowing the basics and the understanding the ground work it will be difficult as you go along. I think Course 1 was good at touching on the areas that are important to know. Whatever that was not mentioned supplemental reading is recommended. Course 1 was very good in my opinion.

By Kendrick W

Excellent course, learned so much during the weeks, this course is something i would highly recommend starting if your searching for a career in IT Support. I'm now capable of understanding and applying a few skills in the field of beginners IT Support, yet its only the beginning I'm excited about learning more and the course suite me perfectly well.

By Julian M

Mar 05, 2020

This is a great system that google has put together. The lessons are well thought out, the information is simple and they really care about teaching the world of IT to others. I found this program stumbling through an ad, and I wouldn't have thought I'd actually push myself to enroll in the program. I love it and plan on finishing the entire program!