Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

AD
Apr 8, 2020

Well made and simple to understand, had previous experience and it was dead on. Great for beginners and a great refresher for people trying to get a cert for their resume or to expand their knowledge.

RK
Sep 12, 2020

Great course! Good start for any IT career. I love the fact that there are no pre-requisites required to enroll. Not even a high school diploma needed just your willingness to learn. Thank you Google!

251 - 275 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By D L

Sep 2, 2020

I think this was an excellent course. Many of the courses I've seen have been rather dry and technical, but the format of this program helped me to keep engaged and many of the speakers spoke with clarity while engaging the user. Even ground I was familiar with was brought up with interesting graphics that helped with general overview and seeing where that information fits in the overall scope of IT, so it never felt that familiar ground was old hat. Thank you for the creation of this course.

By AMIT Y

Sep 20, 2019

Wonderful i have never ever learnt things in such a manner. The teachers are wonderful and make things understand in a very clear cut manner. I really loved this course a lot. It is wonderful and everyone should know the fundamentals of Information technology. Probably every one should take this course and all of the people will be benefited by this courser. once again a lots of thanks to coursera and Google for providing such an expert tutorials on computers , operating systems , networks.

By Beatriz J

May 3, 2020

I thank God for this course. The simulations really helpful and all the staffs in Google and Coursera are always there to you to guide in every step and whatever it takes. I am not doing quickly and efficient, but my hearts telling me not to give up to try and try to concentrate. The electrical signals on my brain pop up out to the Google iCloud. It is fun and amazing. What a wonderful experience I have in this IT Certificate Program at Coursera. Thank you so much! My best is yet to come!

By Shirley J R

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, because I not only able to re-familiarize myself with concepts I already knew; such as computer hardware, but I was able to learn about new things, such as Binary, computer languages, and connecting remotely to another computer (or virtual machine), using either Remote Desktop connection for Windows, or Putty for Linux systems, which was really cool. I'm definitely looking forward to obtaining all 6 certificates, and obtaining a CompTIA certification as well.

By Kiruthik P J

Apr 30, 2020

This Course is excellent for those who are interested in the field of IT, and for those who want to know whats happening in your computer. It gives insight on how the IT world is, what they do, what they require and how they do. The Course Instructors are really good in their domain and have neatly explained the topics. I would recommend you to take this course if you are even have little interest in computers. I assure you , it would be a wonderful experience learning from this course.

By Aram F B

Nov 3, 2019

Great entry level course! It's perfect for anyone who has minimal understanding of IT to help build or re-enforce a baseline understanding of the field and it's sub-fields. After giving you a working understanding of the concepts in IT, it coaches you on how to approach the user and engage them in a friendly and respectful manner. The exercises in the course have detailed instructions that are easy to follow along with and start at the most basic level. Highly recommended for beginners!

By Andrew A G

Jul 13, 2018

Informative, and I liked the pace. Straight forward, and inviting. In past experiences where I've tried to teach myself through my own resources, the overall tone in open forums seems to be a little hypercritical if not rude. I often find myself frustrated when trying to ask direct questions about some material. Starting from the bottom, I feel like I now have a better understanding of my skill level is. On a personal note, I feel optimistic about the other courses I will soon study.

By Gretchen A

Mar 8, 2018

I went to college over 25 years ago, and this was my first online course in this format, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but am pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it so much. The people teaching did a good job of explaining the material, and the graphic illustrations were very helpful. I had a little trouble getting used to some things like the virtual machine, but struggling with it was a helpful learning process too. I am now taking the networking course in the Google series.

By Okorie C O

Nov 7, 2020

Really this is a very nice course for beginners in IT. The course is too standard and i rate it very high for people with zero experience in IT and even people who already have experience. You must see a new thing to learn from this course. I really enjoy this course. I appreciate Google for making a wonderful course like this and thereby giving me this great opportunity to learn. The instructors are all beautiful and handsome people. Especially Kevin and Cindy. I love you all!!!!

By Pema R

Jul 18, 2020

This course is incredible! Everything about it is super intentional. A rich, engaging, and personally and professionally fulfilling learning experience. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills while experiencing first hand the highest level of pedagogical frameworks and practices. I'm an educator and learned a lot from this course not just about IT, but also about what it means to be equally challenged, supported, inspired, and valued as a learner. Can't wait to keep learning.

By Maherin H T

Apr 20, 2020

I found everything interesting in this course. I enjoyed it so much that I finished the entire course within one week. My overall experience with Coursera is amazing, the course contents are very useful, I liked how they updated minor issues in between the lectures. The material is informative and engaging. All the instructors are directly involved in the work process, which is helpful for the students. Their practical experience will assist us to transfer our knowledge into work.

By Diógenes d s B d S

Oct 12, 2020

A importância de uma boa gestão em TI aumenta na mesma medida em que cresce a coleta e o armazenamento de dados dentro de ambientes virtuais individuais e em grupos; Eu estava ansioso se conseguiria conciliar o tempo que ficaria desorganizado, mas na prática isso não aconteceu. Eu agradeço principalmente a atenção dos professores na hora de explicar o conteúdo, sempre de forma clara, dessa forma estamos tendo um ótimo aproveitamento do conteúdo repassado pelo curso de TI.

By Lee T L

Dec 23, 2018

A really good fundamental course for beginners starting out in a IT career. Although most of them can be learnt in your everyday life (only if your have the interest to find out) through observations but having experts to provide, in a sense, first-hand advice is pretty helpful. Personally, I really love the Qwiklabs assessments which provide virtual hands-on exercises to enhance a learner's experience in not just plain reading on e-contents. In overall, pretty awesome course!

By Kirby H

Sep 28, 2020

Course was good. Really basic and I'm not sure how much I learned, but I appreciate the section on using Windows Remote Desktop Connection, Putty (with SSH, and the keys). There might be something in my email, but I'd like to see more info (at the end of this course) pointing to the next course. I completed this course in a week. Hoping I can start the next course immediately. Super kudos to the Google people for putting this course together with Coursera. Thumbs up!

By Amanda C

Mar 3, 2018

Excellent course! While some people had issues with some of the labs, a quick check in the forums helped resolve any issues I experienced there by checking in with fellow classmates. This course provides a broad overview of a variety of subjects which will be expanded upon in more detail in future classes. This format is excellent for those with little to no IT experience in gaining a grasp of how the various areas in IT are connected and function together. Highly recommend.

By Scott S

Jan 29, 2021

Course is a must for a firm foundation in an ever changing technology driven world. Better to stay informed and confident, on top of your game or IT and life will just pass you bye... A little Ferrius Bueller for those out here that remember him!? Showing my age a hindsight thing maybe I shouldn't eagerly divulge. Maybe unless backing it up with solid troubleshooting skills, experiences gained for the enrichment of more relevant, knowledgeable and even tech savvy specialist

By Mark L

Aug 15, 2020

As previously stated, I have found the last several weeks interesting, challenging and rewarding. Aside from the content and learning that has occurred, the one thing that stands out is the personable and professional manner in which EVERYONE of the instructors conducted themselves. In addition, the presentation format, being short vignettes, allowed the instructors to focus on the material and present in a manner that fostered learning and understanding of the material.

By Eric H

Oct 21, 2019

Great course very well laid out and kept me interested and motivated with different enthusiastic and knowledgeable presenters that are clearly passionate about all things IT.

I really like all the introductory material and the summary material to help contextualize the more dense material and memory type of details. It made more sense to me to anchor my learning knowing what each section was about and what real world problems IT professionals may encounter on a daily basis.

By Nancy A M

Apr 6, 2018

I found the lectures to be very helpful. They were short and well presented. Even though they were short, they covered the essential information very concisely and clearly. It was all so new to me that it was helpful that there was a very clear presentation of the major points. By the end, I felt I had gotten a very good basic understanding of topics presented. I enjoyed the lectures, and appreciated the information that was included and the way it was presented. Thanks :)

By kushal b

Dec 16, 2020

Overall a really good course in terms of giving me an introduction to IT.

Well presented information and a a good structure.

some improvements:

sometimes the metaphors used could be a bit confusing, for example in the hardware section, however with a couple listens this was fine.

I really learnt from the quiz's, if there was a way to do more often (not to count as part of the grade) but just so you could do these over and over, in order to remember the important information.

By Kevin J G

I heartily recommend this course for anyone interested in IT. It is step by step, easy to understand and insightful. It starts with a basic history with binary code, works into computer components and assembly, touches on network management, and emphasizes the importance of developing trust as an IT Customer Service advisor or tech. It also does not just stick to one OS but explains some of the differences and takes you into them in the necessary "baby steps." I love it!

By Sara R

Feb 21, 2019

In addition to teaching a basic foundation to technical support, this course provides definitions to a multitude of common computer related terms. This vocabulary will be extremely helpful as one moves forward in the IT field. I have tried other IT courses, but would quickly get lost in a sea of technical terms and acronyms. Armed with these definitions in my bag of tools, I feel more confident to try again. I look forward to completing the other four courses in this set.

By Dylan H

Aug 2, 2020

This was an excellent course for anyone interested in diving into the world of IT. The videos were easy to follow and I felt engaged. The supplemental readings provided were for the most part, useful and great to learn. If there was one thing I could add for improvement, that would be more hands on labs for fixing simple issues. Practical application is 70% of how we learn new things and I believe that is the best way to drive home the fundamentals taught by this course.

By Murray T

Feb 13, 2018

These guys know their stuff and they are completely enthusiastic about what they do! I loved the interactive nature of the course and the fact that each section is tested in a way that enhances what I know.

I have come back to IT Support after a career in software development and it is my opinion that the Technical Support Fundamentals covers the basics thoroughly and at a very professional level.

I recommend the course for those wishing to enter the world of IT Support.

By Geraldine T

Aug 26, 2020

Very easy to follow for beginners and well delivered. Through this course, I finally have a high-level and accurate understanding of how computers work internally (hardware, OS, software) and with each other (networking). I am pumped up for the subsequent courses in the Google IT Support Certification! Highly encourage anyone who wants to have a high-level understanding of how computers work to take this course, regardless if you are becoming an IT support specialist.