Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

DH
Nov 13, 2019

I loved how useful all of the information in this course was. I love how much the instructors really seemed to be so in love with their careers. Its the most fun I've had learning in a very long time.

RK
Sep 12, 2020

Great course! Good start for any IT career. I love the fact that there are no pre-requisites required to enroll. Not even a high school diploma needed just your willingness to learn. Thank you Google!

26 - 50 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Ishara M C

May 16, 2020

Great course for beginners and experts. Easy to understand and a good refresher for those who have been into IT for a long date. Recommend it to everyone looking for a high quality course on coursera.

By Abhishek R

Mar 4, 2020

You were such a hit. Thanks for this course and the next five more! On behalf of our entire organization, thanks again for taking the Conference to a whole new level of education and professionalism!!

By Endri S

Jun 3, 2020

This was a very fun course! I really enjoyed the style and pace of the information given. A lot of technical information was given while the course made it easy to take in and comprehend the material!

By jitu p

Apr 27, 2020

By Ronald P

Jun 4, 2020

This course is excellent for those who would like to learn the basics of IT and would like to broaden their knowledge. I enjoyed seeing videos from multiple instructors who actually work in the field.

By Jacob M

Sep 25, 2020

This course really is foundational. The instructors are awesome, the labs are relevant and they all work! I have gained so much knowledge just from this course. I can't wait to further this knowledge.

By Thomas M

Apr 17, 2020

Amazing introductory course, well structured and well presented with exercises and hands on labs. If you're looking to learn the fundamentals of computing, this is a great place to start your journey.

By Deborah T

Aug 31, 2020

I enjoy this course and highly recommend it to students with now prior experience in the IT area. I also recommend this course to students who are returning to the IT area and need a freshener course.

By Jiun-Ren W

Jan 2, 2019

This was a great introduction to the field of IT. As someone who hasn't been in a classroom setting of any kind in almost 15 years, this program was paced really well and gave me lots of opportunities to succeed in my learning. Can't thank the team that supports this enough.

By Ariel G K K

Jun 12, 2020

Thank you very much for this amazing course, I learned a lot and I am very excited to start a career and to apply what I have learned. Thank you very much to all the lecturers and thank you to Google.

By Anwar A

Nov 26, 2020

It was great learning with all the mentors and I learned lots of new things and also get to know about the experiences of the mentors themselves. Also, I am looking forward to continuing this journey.

By Reuben K

Sep 13, 2020

By Constantine C

Mar 22, 2019

Qwiklabs suck big time, look what I just got in my mail:

"Hello Constantine,Let me introduce myself, I am Priyanka at Qwiklabs and I am in charge of your happiness.

Priyanka from Qwiklabs"

Not only their systems are not working and choose to ignore all those people complaining, their support staff are rude too.

So much for "Technical Support Fundamentals", ah, the irony!

By Juan B

Aug 4, 2020

I enjoyed all the presenters of the videos, they really took their time to get me involved and explained all the content clearly. I also enjoyed the videos that talked about current and future trends.

By YALAGANDULA S C

By Grzegorz S

May 4, 2020

Still a great refresher to me and listed in a comprehensive manner which I am thankful for even though I knew some or even a lot of these fundamentals already in a distant and previous life of mine...

By Leung T Y

Jul 7, 2020

Preview of the course:

This is an apple, apple is a fruit. For everything else, you can check it out at the next Supplemental Reading for apple.

So we learned about the apple in the last section, now we learn about apple juice. We put the apple into a grinder to make juice. Details are in the next supplement reading.

By Chava V R

Jul 19, 2020

This is such a wonderful course that I had ever. Especially that role plays in week-6 about customer service is pretty awesome. Thank you google for making us knowledgeable and enjoyable both at time.

By Vernessa M

Oct 24, 2020

I would recommend spending hours completing your course if your are currently unemployed and have the time to spare time to learn a new skill to improve your career, its precise, easy and informative.

By Helena V

Feb 11, 2019

Learning the fundamentals is essential to understand how everything works.

By vidish p

Mar 25, 2018

took the money n does not update assignment in week three despite completing it numerous times... a common complaint from other students. Now the money is gone, course completed but no certification and no helpline to talk to.

By Creston L

Nov 28, 2018

It's trivially simple, but for some reason I'm stuck waiting for a peer review. Why should the willingness of others to grade my work inhibit my progress towards this course?

The Peer review system is the biggest weakpoint of this cert-program. Major problem.

By pedro l

Aug 2, 2020

excellent, the content contemplates fundamental concepts in many areas, allowing participants to have a clear and general view of the world of it support regardless of prior knowledge. Congratulations

By Jose L R S

May 7, 2019

Fácilmente entendible. Da una amplia visión del mundo IT y te deja con ganas de seguir descubriendo este asombroso mundo.

By Preston

Apr 26, 2019

I enjoyed the course. It felt too easy at times, content wise, but as Google has stated it is designed for people that have little to no experience with IT. I think a better way to describe it might be for people who have little to no experience with computers. If you use a computer regularly in your personal life or at work, you might find some of the content a little watered down. If you have no experience in customer service the 6th week does provide useful tips. At the same time, I totally understand the necessity of laying a basic foundation for a field of study that is likely foreign to most of those enrolled. This course is trying to lay the groundwork for the subsequent courses by introducing you to the material and how the course itself works.

I have two main issues with this course.

Grading/quizzes: I think the quizzes should be more extensive for sections 2-5. Peer review is a good way to supplement what you are learning but does not make a good grading tool. The rubric is so minimal in week 6 (documentation section). It would have been more helpful to just read more examples of good and bad documentation. I understand the limitations of an online course with thousands of people enrolled. It would be impossible to manually grade assignments, but if the courses were free and Google charged for an exam to get the certification similar to how other IT certifications work, that would negate these downsides.

Supplemental Reading: The supplemental readings are usually links to Wikipedia pages or websites. In most cases the Wikipedia pages go in fairly in depth past the general summary. This is definitely a field that strongly encourages independent and supplemental study and I can understand the course reinforcing that, but considering the fundamental nature of the course, I would have liked to see some more options alongside Wikipedia entries. It is not to say that Wikipedia entries are not helpful, but I expected for a paid course there would be something a bit more curated.

Overall I learned from this course and enjoyed the experience, but the reasons listed above are why I gave it 3 stars.