Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

SA
Jan 19, 2021

Starting from scratch, I feel like I've gained a great basic understanding of IT support. It was informative, and it has motivated me and left me hungry for more. I am excite to start the next course!

RP
Jun 3, 2020

This course is excellent for those who would like to learn the basics of IT and would like to broaden their knowledge. I enjoyed seeing videos from multiple instructors who actually work in the field.

101 - 125 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Michael D H

Exceptional

By SANDHYA P

Oct 29, 2020

good

By 321910306052 g

Oct 28, 2020

good

By Sarthak J

cool

By JOSE Y J M

By kyle b

Jun 9, 2021

The course was laid out well, some of the VM stuff is a little janky, but overall a great introductory course. If you are familiar with computers you will breeze through it, I finished it in 3 nights.

By Hey J

Oct 28, 2020

I was able to understand the process of it support. And I could learn how to deal with users. Above all, it was an opportunity to think about the process of solving problems and how to overcome them.

By Hanna D

May 5, 2021

This is an awesome basic introductory course. It definitely helps you figure out if you're really interested in IT or in what area you want to excel in.

By Sonika S

good!!

By Curtis E

Feb 6, 2019

This course was presented well and designed appropriately, but I felt like the content was too rudimentary; there was a discussion about how the internet changed personal interchange, topics like that were unnecessary time wasters.

I worked as a tech support specialist for a few years and the topics presented are things that I learned before ever working in technical support professionally.

I learned some things from this course, but on the whole it was not in depth at all. Granted 90% of technical support is: "have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?" But still for people interested in this course it should've offered knowledge that would be beneficial to coursework or employment, which it establishes value in neither.

I was expecting to learn how to configure a remote VPN or designing a website with HTML/CSS or some coding fundamentals, but there was nothing like that. It kept teasing with "that will be covered in a later lesson", but then it never was covered.

This course may be best targeted to retired adults who just got a computer for the first time, or perhaps middle school kids, but is inadequate for working-age adults or students interested in computer science.

By Alexander J

Aug 28, 2020

The good: The troubleshooting theory was solid, and the customer service guidance was good. Well produced, and easy to navigate.

The bad: Light on many technical details. Yes, its cheaper than the A+, but you're getting what you're paying for. I wouldn't trust the technical knowledge of someone with *just* this course under their belt. I'm not sure this is meant to be a direct A+ competitor, or if it's meant to be part of a series of courses that compete. Either way, I feel like there should have been more coverage of actual usage of Windows/Linux/MacOS, discussion of network cabling, and discussion of email technology in reasonable depth. While most positions wont use all of the above, I believe the course could have done better in preparing technicians to be more well rounded, technically.

By Dave P

Jul 13, 2020

I have rated it 3 stars because I wish there would be more labs and practices and wish that it would go more in depth of each week and maybe set a cap of how much you can finish at a time. With being as a former desktop support associate in the past, a lot of the things were pretty much known to me already, however they were great in trying to bring them back to my memory. So all in all I would say that this program is a good to very good program in trying to get into the I.T. support field.

By leslie l

Oct 8, 2020

Information is good and presented well. The exams are awful, filled with trick questions and gotcha questions that do nothing to reinforce knowledge or to help build confidence.

Week 4 final exam has script bug when using Safari to take the test, none of the answers register and student gets a 0% -it works in Chrome. Every other exam works fine in Safari.

By R. T

Jul 12, 2018

It is a shame that Google could not insert a digital signature to recognize this achievement. Even though it is an entry level course, at least a digital signature of a Google personnel would give a better legitimacy.

By Sanuto E M

Oct 28, 2020

mi nivel de ingles me excluye de sus cursos.. el agrabante es que la plataforma tampoco me permite copiar el contenido para poder traducirlo

By Maialen

Oct 31, 2019

I consider it a course for people with no technical background at all, it can be a bit dull if you have some already in technology.

By Ashley H

Nov 15, 2019

It was okay, pretty basic, I enjoyed the remote access stuff with putty. I finished the course in a week.

By Abdulmalik S

Dec 14, 2020

highly technical especially with the additional materials you have to go through

By Jonathan O

Jul 11, 2020

This course is like an overcooked steak: dry and hard to pass.

This review briefly covers the whole certificate but for some reason since Coursera decided to split it up into 5 different courses that you have to manually enroll for I'm writing at week 1 after completing the whole certificate. *insert Terry Crews WHY gif*

Even writing this review the text automatically formats to the center. Why?

Overall the information is largely good and the instructors are in most cases likable, although I would have liked less links to Wikipedia articles and more explanations from the instructors. I think linking to Wikipedia articles is risky for any course that isn't updated continuously because the content of those articles can change over time. What was in those articles when Google decided to include them could have changed and would be lost in translation since their inclusion. I totally understand links to a table explaining which ports do what, for example, because there are thousands of them and having a table for reference is really helpful, but a two minute video on TCP traffic followed by a wikipedia article on the subject feels especially lazy for a hands on leaner such as myself.

The phrase "that goes beyond the scope of what we're learning here so I won't be into it" is a cardinal sin in education. Tell me or don't bring it up. It's that simple. Don't tease me in a course I'm paying a monthly fee to access then dangle what you're not going to teach me in front of my face. "We won't go into it here." You should.

I decided to participate in this certificate since I would love to work in IT and this course promised a strong foundation and platform to accomplish that. Having each course padded with random Google employees who look like they were born during the Obama administration and became VP of Internet Security with no experience feels it's being rubbed in my face.

I submit to this certificate a rating of two thumbs up out of five since the few intructors who don't come across as legit terminators are likable, knowledgable and communicate complex ideas well. The good parts of the course are too short.

By Baryliuk Y

Aug 1, 2020

This course teaches about IT security yet it requests to publish photo of passport to unknown checking service. When leakage will happen nobody will compensate my troubles caused by the leakage.

By Bryson D

Apr 8, 2020

This stuff is taught in middle school. I didn't learn a single thing. What a joke to charge $50 for this...

By Jigme L

Aug 16, 2020

in this course i completed all and i am not getting certificate. am not happy with that but i leaned lots