Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

RK

Sep 13, 2020

Great course! Good start for any IT career. I love the fact that there are no pre-requisites required to enroll. Not even a high school diploma needed just your willingness to learn. Thank you Google!

FK

Mar 10, 2018

An excellent introductory course. The all around material was well presented, the instructors are doing a great job passing on their knowledge. The weekly assignments were interesting and fun to take.

101 - 125 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Syed F A

Aug 17, 2020

The overall course was quite impressive and you will came to know all about the basic of the computer from its hardware to networking what sort of operating systems are currently being used and what other have been using and why so. The course is up dated while I see others still teaching about the floppy disk yet no new information is being delivered. Over all you may came also perform the basic task that usually mostly don't provide or has the outdated Pc etc. The experience was quite good and the instructor were also quite impressive and the overall course was amazing. if anyone of you are willing to pursue career in computer's should have go through it first. THANK YOU

By Philip A

Aug 23, 2018

It is so marvellous to realise how capable I could be when I am being taught by trailblazers like Googlers themselves. The exercises are very helpful and they help me to stay alert and challenge my thinking about technology. I am very sure I am going to work hard to complete the course in the shortest time as possible. I cannot wait to recommend this program to my friends and family. Thank you, Google, very much for exposing or unearthing my technological talent because I never anticipated I could come to this far considering my background in technology. The courses are very insightful. I like the way Google has simplified complex tasks to the level of a novice like me.

By Navaira F

Mar 20, 2020

I took this course as a beginning to my IT career and also because it is a requirement for my program. This course was very helpful, as coming from a non-IT background, I had no knowledge about technology but because of the simplicity of content in this course, it excelled my basic knowledge about computers and networking. I loved everything about this course, the content was easy to understand and the instructors just perfectly explained every topic in words that could be understood by someone like me with no IT background. I would like to thank everyone who was a part of this amazing course because of great instructors like you, students like me can learn everyday.

By Faezeh J

Apr 26, 2020

First and foremost, I would like to thank Google and Coursera for providing such a wonderful learning opportunity. I really enjoyed learning from the best of the best. These overview lessons were thoughtfully designed to engage learners and keep us motivated. I've never been so eager to learn about computers and how the Internet and every aspect of it works before. The most interesting part of this course for me was working in virtual machine and learning about remote access. I had a great experience getting help and learning from Google IT specialists when I needed it. I appreciate it and truly look forward to learning more details about IT automation and security.

By TYLER S

Feb 25, 2020

This course has really been a surprise! I saw an add for the course come up on instagram one day and thought maybe it was something worth looking at. I didn't finish college and I've always been good with electronics so I figured it was worth a shot, and it was! I learned a lot about computer networking, software instillation and much more all within a 6 week time frame. There is a ton of learning that goes into IT and the time spent in this course gave a good look into that, but also showed that it isn't impossible to learn. I would highly recommend this to anyone who was interested in dipping their toe into the IT field, plus you earn a certificate at the end!

By Amanda S

Feb 19, 2018

I enjoyed this course. I have been in the IT industry for years I was able to pick up some valuable information. I think the key to being successful in this course series is having an open mind and accepting that there is more than one right way to do things. While some questions lack detail and are open to interpretation, being mindful of the instructor and the information they specifically cover helps narrow down what they are looking for you to get out of the program. If you are attempting to test out, it may be necessary to watch a handful of videos to ace the quizzes. I've just begun series 2 week 2 of this 6 part course and I recommend you to keep going!

By Daryll D V

Jun 21, 2020

It tackled the necessary fundamental knowledge for pursing an IT career. I have been working in the industry for 6 years in a non-English company. It was really refreshing to review these important fundamentals of IT in English. I've been learning through company trainings and self-experiences in a system engineer role but learning the actual terms and techniques behind those experiences gave me a better understanding of what I know and do not know. One of the best aspects of this course was that they used real scenarios that occur in the work environment with their given examples. Looking forward to learning more in the next courses included in the series!

By T M

Jan 17, 2020

So far I love this course. Very thankful they put it together and offer at an affordable price. It seems to go pretty deep eventually after looking at all the course content. It is all very well put together and ready for anyone to dive in. All the instructors do a great job and help make the learning process flow better IMO. Turns out when it come to IT everything pertaining to computer science in involved. I know I need to catch up with the time LMAO. What I mean by that is if you feel a passion for computer science at all the DUH IT is the real thing! Even programming, coding, security etc etc etc. I appreciate the time and effort of those who made this.

By Larry H

Feb 17, 2020

As I began this course I started to realize that this is my calling. I've always had my hand in IT related things from the automotive and manufacturing industry and it showed by the way I breezed through this course without skipping a beat. I wasn't a challenge but it was cool to go through a few extra steps to setup a VM since I am currently on apple products for the quizzes that involved performing tasks on Windows and Linux OS's. I didn't try to rush at all and I was able to complete this 6 week course in a about a week with minimal IT skills. This certificate is well worth going through for anyone looking to get their foot in the door with IT.

By Neo S M

Oct 10, 2019

Having to do this course helped me a lot. I now have the Adhoc fundamental skills to grow my business both in tech support and customer service aspects.

I enjoyed learning about remote support possibilities and working on virtual machines. That was pretty awesome.

I struggled a bit with connecting to the Linux VM, however, tends out I had to use another different network.

And, lastly, I am really looking forward to the next course.

Thank you so much for funding me. I really appreciate it. If I could find you who have approved my application, I would buy you coffee - as a token of appreciation. Thank you so much. Looking forward to the next course.

By Raul R

Sep 01, 2020

This is a very good starter course to begin with, though like it says multiple times within the course that your always expected to be a self-learner. This course does not cover everything that you need to know but it gives you a very good start on where to look to start. It still requires your time to do your own research on parts that you most likely won't be able to comprehend with such a short video. I spent a lot of time outside of the course doing research to gain a better understanding of the course material. Overall I enjoyed the way this course was presented, it have had more visual presentations than death by power point.

By Chanchal B

great stepping stone to encourage you to learn more in this industry. all my life i have struggled in school and after High school graduation struggled again to focus in community college resulting in giving up my education and just making money in restaurant field. This is the first time i feel i have accomplished something. The lessons that have been provided don't directly go into extreme technicality which can discourage a person like me to shut down. I really appreciate the info they give you to understand the basic topic in the most simple way and i believe this is the type of education is needed for a lot of people like me.

By Aditya A

Feb 27, 2020

I was an awesome experience to learn with you guys. I really find myself lucky to be a part of the program and this course. Thanks to all the mentors for all the knowledge and thanks to Coursera team for such an awesome platform and thanks to Google for launching this program for all the people who have keen desire to learn about technologies but don't have much resources to get to a good college or a university. I know this is just a glimpse of IT knowledge but it can't be ignored because it's the foundation for what I will be tomorrow. Thanks again to all of you. I don,t not enough words anymore to describe my feelings.

By Kevin C

Aug 30, 2020

Wow what a great course! Even though I have worked with computers for 30 years still didn't know a lot of the information within this course. It was nice to clarify some of the basics like the binary system, how many bits in a byte, function of the Kernel, and computer history. I struggled most with Week 3. I think because of the complexity in it like all the functions of the Kernel. I most enjoyed Week 6 with all the valuable amount of material on interacting with fellow humans. I enjoy working with and helping others. It was well worth my time and energy! Thank you for putting this together. I can't wait to learn more.

By Adam

Sep 17, 2019

I enjoyed this course very much and found it engaging making me want to learn more. The videos and the fact that they explained in detail that was easy to understand helped and made this first experience even better. A while back I was asked to leave a IT course as i couldn't catch up but it wasn't the I did not know computers, couldn't complete work or have a bad attitude towards learning. IT is my passion I didn't do well because I struggled with understanding the wording of questions and how things were presented to me. This course was presented in away I can understand and enjoy at the same time which was a bonus.

By Roger M J

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing information, GREAT CONTENT. Thanks Google. Beginners will definitely learn something new! I learned how and taught my family how to build our first PC! that has been a dream of mine since a child. This course provided me with a firm enough understanding of a computers hardware and software to finally make the leap of faith! It was so simple to understand that my family and I were able to do the build together which was an amazing experience to say the least. Thanks again to the Coursera and Google teams, and good luck to all those like myself taking the first major steps along their tech and life journey!

By Candice R

Jul 12, 2018

I think that this platform for learning is great and I'm interested in learning more and completing the program. Throughout the first part there were some obstacles to get over, but they were accomplished. I thank the support department for their help when needed. I didn't like that I wasn't aware of not getting my peer response completed in week 2 when I had thought I was done because I chose the virtual build and didn't see an option to grade others? Not sure what happened, but I know I wouldn't of moved forward if I knew that it wasn't completed. Overall I'm excited and ready for my next course.

By Thomas W

May 16, 2020

The course was a great introduction to I.T. support. The concepts were explained in a way that made it easy to understand and the length of the videos was perfect. The instructors were great and were easy to follow. The only improvements I would make to the course would be to re-film the areas where there were errors. Before I took this course I had read reviews of it where people were stating it was a joke because of the amount of errors contained within it. I would like Google Cert to be regarded highly within the industry and fixing the errors, however small, would go a ways to achieving this.

By Kerrance M W

Jun 20, 2018

This course was a delight to take. I have always had a passion for IT, but never really completed my formal training. Part of the problem was I could not find the time to take classes at the local trade school. This certificate not only taught me a nice overview of technical support, it has a very flexible schedule that allowed me to complete it on my own time. The lectures are parsed out in a way that is very easy to comprehend. The instructors are also very animated, and that plays a key role in making the information fun and interesting. I look forward to writing my review of my next course!

By Md. R R

Aug 17, 2020

I've taken a few courses in Coursera so far and I think this was the best one. The course was very well organized and explained complicated things in a simpler manner. I think everybody should take this course. At first I was confused whether to enroll in this course or not. I thought this introductory fundamental won't be that much of a deal. But to my utter surprise I found out that I learned so many things. There are so many IT terms we use everyday not knowing what that means or what that does. This course described many of those basic terms which were very essential for anyone I think.

By Mark C R

Before I start this course I was looking for many courses to develop my skills and improve my knowledge. And I followed some courses as well. But this is the perfect course that I ever had. Lessons are easy to understand and they are very clear. All the lessons are handled by professional instructors. They are conducting all the lessons efficiently step by step. Anyone can understand properly. For me, I had a great chance to develop my skills. Actually I'm really proud for following this course with Coursera. I recommended this to anyone who needs to certified professionally. A++++++

By Raditya n

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful for the people who aren't familiar with computers, this course needs no minimum knowledge required to start off, the explanations given in the videos are amazing,I already know all the topics that have been discussed but I wanted a certificate for that, But the people who don't know about these modern technology can go through this with ease, and expecting a job only through this certificate I guess it would be mean,nobody would give you a job even if you are talent but with no degree, so keeps all your skills certified with top companies like these

By Amelia H C

Sep 12, 2020

I've been stuck in a rut lately. Haven't been able to find work relevant to my degree. Lots of jobs saying things like "HS diploma or GED" and then requiring 3-4 years in the field and here I was, being told that a degree would get me into those jobs and accounted for my "experience."

Well, all I can say is that this program has provided an amazing opportunity. It's a fantastic and affordable way to get certified in a new field and potentially enter a new line of work and earn new qualifications. I am so thankful that this program has been made available to me and people like me.

By Samuel K

Apr 10, 2020

I'm so proud of myself to reach this peak. Little did I know about IT all along working as an Accountant and Economist. My passion for IT grown when I first decided to pursue a career in Project Management. Now I'm super glad to have completed this resourceful course taught by brilliant IT professionals. To say the cost is far less than value received, is an understatement. No better place to be during this COVID-19 quarantine time than here. Now I look forward to applying and honing this skills in one of the best IT Institutions soon. I'm confident, grateful and super excited!

By Anthony O

Dec 06, 2019

Employees at Google who have worked in IT for several years are teaching the class. This makes it feel like this class will really be worth the money I am spending and worth my time to listen to these instructors. I can only hope that such a certificate will be useful, because I have not received it, nor have I gone out for an IT position in the field. But I am exploring my possibilities with IT, and I believe this class is an excellent place to start. It teaches not only about the hardware involved with many problems you may encounter in the field, but also how it works.