Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

SA
Jan 19, 2021

Starting from scratch, I feel like I've gained a great basic understanding of IT support. It was informative, and it has motivated me and left me hungry for more. I am excite to start the next course!

DH
Nov 13, 2019

I loved how useful all of the information in this course was. I love how much the instructors really seemed to be so in love with their careers. Its the most fun I've had learning in a very long time.

76 - 100 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Fernando L L

Oct 28, 2020

This course is high impact, thanks, thanks, thanks, It can be described in one word..

GREAT!

By Kendall B

Oct 28, 2020

Algunos exámenes no se podían traducir y a la mitad de un examen el server se caía

By Christopher C

Oct 28, 2020

The course was great. The content and coursework were relevant and engaging.

By Robert G

Oct 28, 2020

The information was great and very informative.

By Robert F

Oct 28, 2020

Very good course. I would recommend it.

By Daniel R

Oct 29, 2020

I love it very informative and fun

By Salahadine I

Oct 29, 2020

it was very good to me thanks

By Anie C

By Michael D H

Exceptional

By SANDHYA P

Oct 29, 2020

good

By 321910306052 g

Oct 28, 2020

good

By Sarthak J

cool

By JOSE Y J M

By Hey J

Oct 28, 2020

I was able to understand the process of it support. And I could learn how to deal with users. Above all, it was an opportunity to think about the process of solving problems and how to overcome them.

By Sonika S

good!!

By Curtis E

Feb 6, 2019

This course was presented well and designed appropriately, but I felt like the content was too rudimentary; there was a discussion about how the internet changed personal interchange, topics like that were unnecessary time wasters.

I worked as a tech support specialist for a few years and the topics presented are things that I learned before ever working in technical support professionally.

I learned some things from this course, but on the whole it was not in depth at all. Granted 90% of technical support is: "have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?" But still for people interested in this course it should've offered knowledge that would be beneficial to coursework or employment, which it establishes value in neither.

I was expecting to learn how to configure a remote VPN or designing a website with HTML/CSS or some coding fundamentals, but there was nothing like that. It kept teasing with "that will be covered in a later lesson", but then it never was covered.

This course may be best targeted to retired adults who just got a computer for the first time, or perhaps middle school kids, but is inadequate for working-age adults or students interested in computer science.

By Dave P

Jul 13, 2020

I have rated it 3 stars because I wish there would be more labs and practices and wish that it would go more in depth of each week and maybe set a cap of how much you can finish at a time. With being as a former desktop support associate in the past, a lot of the things were pretty much known to me already, however they were great in trying to bring them back to my memory. So all in all I would say that this program is a good to very good program in trying to get into the I.T. support field.

By leslie l

Oct 8, 2020

Information is good and presented well. The exams are awful, filled with trick questions and gotcha questions that do nothing to reinforce knowledge or to help build confidence.

Week 4 final exam has script bug when using Safari to take the test, none of the answers register and student gets a 0% -it works in Chrome. Every other exam works fine in Safari.

By Ricardo A H T

Jul 12, 2018

It is a shame that Google could not insert a digital signature to recognize this achievement. Even though it is an entry level course, at least a digital signature of a Google personnel would give a better legitimacy.