Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

DP

Mar 06, 2018

Awesome course designed by google. Thank you very much. Knowledge gained in just introductery leactures started burning desire in me to complete whole syllabus. Every bit of program is worth the time.

SD

May 16, 2020

I actually have some experiences in IT so doing the course was very easy for me, but the content is awesome. It will be really beneficial for a beginner. I am looking forward to complete next courses!

151 - 175 of 9,465 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Tolulope E

Jan 14, 2020

I wasn't sure this course was right for me initially but I decided to take it anyway. After learning all these interesting things about the way computers work and listening to the personal experiences of the instructors, I feel confident about pursuing a career in IT. This course has broadened my knowledge in so many different ways. I was always so eager to see what the next lesson unfolds so I completed it in a week.

By Kwame A B

Oct 29, 2019

I really enjoyed this Profession Google IT Support specialization which has broadened my mind and developed skils for real-time l for problem-solving and I really recommend this course to anyone who by chance my come across this course which is of high standard with well-structured course overview alongside great instructors who really makes online studying much easier as one is able to learn, understand and acquire real-time skills to solving problems.

By Brenda T R d S

Feb 19, 2020

Eu amei fazer esse curso, expandiu muito meu conhecimento, não fazia ideia de quase nada sobre a internet, foi a parte mais difícil pra mim e a que fiquei mais feliz e ansiosa para concluir foi um desafio e tanto. Me mostrou o quanto eu ainda não sei e isso me impulsiona a querer saber mais e mais, descobri em 2019 que quero trabalhar com TI e esse curso só me provou que é isso mesmo que quero fazer. Muito obrigada Google & Coursera pela oportunidade!

By Ayodeji O O

Apr 15, 2020

I can't give this course a rating of anything less than the best (5 star).

The layout of each course/teachings are super impressive. The teachers are world class(non gender/race/ethnical biase), making you feel welcome and confident with encouragements and less pressure, sharing their own background stories/personal experience. Which in turn makes a learner to dare to believe, and to me; that's the very 1st step towards a great future.

Well done guys

By Kaleb A

Mar 09, 2020

very good starting content -- helps you see what areas you're familiar with (if any) and what areas are new and will require more of your focus -- gives very good 'broad strokes' to introduce you to the areas of content that will be covered more in-depth in later lessons -- some issues with the instructions for the labs, but click on the chat option and get them to tell you what to do if you get lost the first time -- after that you'll have it down

By Alexis G

Jun 01, 2020

This course took me a lot longer than I originally thought it would take! There were so many fundamentals that I didn't know that I didn't know. This was a great course to catch everyone up to get beginners onto the same level as other people. I have already filled almost an entire composition notebook with notes only from this course! There is a lot of independent reading, and I do highly recommend bookmarking them for future references as well.

By John M

Feb 01, 2019

I feel that his course has opened a whole new digital world to learn about. I never thought that I would be interested in the various technologies due to my way of thinking. I've always thought that this field involves a lot of difficult mathematical formulas and some deep scientific algorithms. This is on of the reasons I have always worked in contracts, sales, and logistics. This is an opportunity that everyone should consider. Thank you.

By SAYDEE P

May 03, 2020

I want to say I'm glad taking a bore step to do this course, the subject or material were very update,professional and very educational. And I think one of the best decision i have made sitting home ,looking for job, and quarantine COVID19 is taken the Google IT Technical Support Fundamentals. My success here allow me to proof my passion, my dreams and show those who didn't believe me . I want to say thanks to all my Google instructors!.

By Lisa J B

Feb 23, 2019

This course was very well designed, and I thoroughly enjoyed taking it. The instructors were well chosen and all were able to explain more complex concepts so people with little or no technical background can understand.

I'm very thankful for courses such as this one, as it makes it possible for almost anyone to further their knowledge or change careers and gain the necessary skills to do that.

Looking forward to the next course in the series!

By Kyle S J

Jan 21, 2019

Delightful intro and information into the IT realm. I'm so excited to see the next group of courses. I was able to complete this in 6 days, so I think the timeline of 6 weeks was very loose. Instructors were super intelligent and I thoroughly enjoyed their words of wisdom at the end of the subjects they were teaching. Having their insight is like having a great friend in the industry. I can only hope to attain a job as a support tech asap!

By Vincent A C

Mar 09, 2018

This has been a very good experience of re-introducing me to the PC. I took some classes at DeVry, years ago, when MS-Dos was "king" and was intimidated by the the experience and didn't continue. I thought that I wasn't as smart as everyone else appeared to be. The upside to this approach is that you're sharing the experience with other ENTRY level folks, and the internet allows you to be more candid than you would be in the classroom.

By Elianeth A F

Jan 24, 2020

This course has helped me to refresh and update many things, I have a technical background but I had separated a little from the theory. It is a very good way to start training in this wonderful career of IT Support, of the things that I liked the most has been to understand how the internet works, handle procedures that save you time, the detail of customer support. I am ready to advance to the next level. Thank you Google and Coursera.

By Steve C

I really enjoy this course and it help refresh my memory as I went to ITT Tech for Network System Administration then it closed/shut down just after the first quarter. I was in the Troubleshooting area in the course and that's all she wrote. But taking this course, brought all those classes back to mind and finally accomplishing it is a relief. Pursing more certificates in the near future. Again, I really enjoyed the course. Thank you.

By Robert l

Jan 20, 2020

This course is a great first step into tech field. You follow a crawl walk run style of learning. Starting with watching a lot of videos with enthusiastic instructors, learning the names of computer components and what they do, what software is needed to make them work. Then into more in depth subjects remotely accessing other computers and networks to work on machines, trouble shooting problems, updating, adding or removing software.

By Baad, C

Sep 09, 2019

This course was an excellent introduction to the world of Information Technology. It gave a brief history of the computer technology, the internet, and its applications (and how they evolved into today's advanced devices). It also gave an introduction to the basic components of a computer and their functions, networking, and coding. Overall it was a wonderful stepping stone into the more advanced and technical courses that will follow.

By Everett J L

Feb 25, 2019

I had not even considered changing the course of my career until I took this course. I now have a new fire and enthusiasm I haven't had in years, and am excited to deep dive into technology as a new chapter in my life. I have already had a career with the U.S. Army, and planned on continuing to do what I did in uniform in the civilian sector. I may be competing with much younger people, but I do believe I will be very happy doing this.

By Janelle C

Feb 01, 2018

This course went by quickly for me since I work in IT and already have work experience. Everything was pretty familiar, but there were some really good supplemental information from the lectures. Everyone can learn a thing or two whether they've had a technical background or not. It's pretty clear and easy to understand and there are tons of good tips given out. Quizzes are pretty easy and reinforce your learning through the lessons.

By Rohan B

Apr 12, 2020

I enjoyed learning the technical aspects of IT, such as hardware, software and networking, as well as the nontechnical aspects, such as the flow of logic to use to efficiently solve IT issues. I would absolutely recommend this course to those seeking their first foray into the world of IT. The knowledge as well as personal stories from actual Google employees will help you determine if a career in IT is something you want to pursue.

By Marlene W

Feb 12, 2020

Starting out, I thought to myself, what did I get into. However, through the daily readings, videos, labs, forums, and support through live chat I was able to successfully learn the fundamentals for technical support and receive my certificate.

I am very pleased with this accomplishment that was made possible through Coursera and Google.

Great idea for people wanting to learn more, update their skills or start on a new career path.

By Jason D

Jun 23, 2020

Great information packed program, The Linux software is the only place that I really felt lost. I have no background in technology. So the Microsoft point and click, is the most familiar for myself. Also, I am not sure that the interview content is important in the entry round of IT, however I can speak only for myself. I am nowhere near ready for any kind of job interview at this point from the information that I have obtained.

By Mariah M

Dec 17, 2019

Not only is it very easy to navigate, but the course and instructors make it very easy for many learning types to follow the course. I learn better from reading over a video and the course offers that. They ask you questions throughout the lessons as well to see if you are understanding the material. When you get an answer wrong and you check your answer the system tells you why you got bit wrong and how to get the correct answer.

By Kenessa D

Oct 19, 2019

Great course! If you're starting out and know nothing of IT, I think this course will slowly guide you through the basics. If you're familiar with most IT terminology or the IT basics you can breeze right through it and get closer to certification. I chose to go through it even though I had some IT experience. This course is also a great confidence refresher for someone returning to the IT field. Can't wait to finish the next one.

By Prithviraj C

Apr 07, 2018

Introduction to the I.T field could never have been better.This is a must have course on the list of moocs in your resume.Very interesting and would highly recommed others IT field enthusiats to begin their journey in IT with this course.Practical insights provided in this course are refreshing for an amatuer and a veteran in IT,as there is always something new that can be learnt from this course.I m glad that i did this course.

By MELVIN J R R

Jun 02, 2020

It is a great course, the methodology and the teachers are the best, anyone would say that they are only videos, but the type of professionals who made this course possible are the best, the practical questionnaires really bring together the content of the previous class videos and the quick questions during the videos seems like an excellent idea. Thank you for courses like these that are designed for different learning rhythms.

By Mariam T

May 02, 2018

I can't express how grateful I am for such an amazing experience! Dear trainers, you are so inspiring and motivating! Thank you for your kind and open way to give knowledge to the students. All trainers were great. Special thanks for showing the examples of women being successful in this field. Extra thanks to the wonderful Gail and Marty, their workshops were funny and useful. I really enjoyed this course. Thank you very much!