Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation by Arizona State University

In this course, you will be introduced to some of the challenges of teaching and learning listening and speaking, such as paralinguistics, performance variables, reduced and regional forms, and differing types of oral discourse. Don't worry--you'll learn what those mean, too! Then you'll learn how to ease the acquisition of listening and speaking for your students. The course also highlights the powerful opportunity to include pronunciation in listening and speaking classes and offers strategies to incorporate pronunciation activities....

EP

Dec 25, 2020

As always, great course. I just wish there were more examples for pronunciation activities just like in the speaking and listening section. But in any case, the course was so informative and engaging!

DA

Jun 12, 2022

This course really helps alot in improving my English skills. I can now speak and write English fluently.\n\nI will recommend this platform to my other colleagues. Thanks Coursera!!!! Keep it up.

376 - 400 of 426 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

By omar m k

Jun 6, 2022

good

By Ahlam A M A T

Jun 3, 2022

By mohammad h a

May 30, 2022

By shamsa k a

May 28, 2022

good

By SHEHAB H A

May 28, 2022

good

By essa k s a

May 28, 2022

good

By Mansour A i a

May 15, 2022

By mohammed j

May 8, 2022

good

By rashed s h a

May 3, 2022

good

By Mona A A

Jun 11, 2020

g

o

o

d

By Huangzhongyong

Aug 4, 2019

Good

By Hongyu Z

Nov 7, 2018

Sep 6, 2016

A

By marlene m

Jul 12, 2018

Excellent course just like the others that are part of this certification program. My concerns are the lack of compatibility with the app (the online course & app never show the same information & it's impossible to access the website from a mobile device without being forced to download/use the app). The other is having to review classmates' assignments. For some reason, I find with these courses that the other students submit assignments that do not follow directions, making it impossible at times to move forward in my own progress. For example, the final required a video submission via Youtube link or direct upload but I came across so many students who submitted links for Google videos (you need an account to view), gigantic formats that were not openable, students who submitted videos of them teaching what was taught directly to us teachers rather than to language-learning students, etc. It seems also that with written assignments, so many students didn't quite grasp the instructions/concept of the assignment. Overall it was great, just wasted some time reviewing assignments.

By Theo W 得

Oct 18, 2021

I enjoyed the course a lot - it taught me a lot.

However, I would love them to improve the submission form of the Lesson Plans. Every module we had to submit a lesson plan, but copying it from the word document is ... how to say this politely ... a pain in the arm. The format never copies well.

Some of the videos took a bit too long to bring the point home, but all in all it was very enjoyable and informative.

I'm looking forward to the next course.

By Jing W

Oct 19, 2020

Overall, it's a good course with many useful information. I would like to see more resources and technics that are directed related to the teaching of these areas. And I am constantly having trouble(very slowly) loading the micro lessons of my peers, I would recommend to use Youtube to submit this assignment, which works the best from my experience.

By Nicholas ( M

Feb 7, 2020

The content was fairly strong and easy to understand. I encountered some long waits to receive enough peer reviews to proceed in the course. Also, many students submitted very incomplete work which made peer reviews very awkward.

By ROCIO B

Nov 8, 2016

I found this course gave me great tools to improve my classes. Being a teacher is not something easy but with practice and great professor like the ones in this course we sure can give better things to our students.

By Victoria V

Nov 7, 2021

The instructors on the videos are great but I really miss having a real professional to give some CRITICAL feedback and to answer questions, since I am an amateur and I'm not familiar with most of these techniques.

By Kristine W

Quality of the content is high.

Peer review is a frustrating joke. "Peers" approve any nonsense anyone submits and just beg for reviews on the forum. Quality of "peer" work I have graded is very poor.