Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

MV
Jan 30, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

GK
Jun 2, 2019

I have taken a dozen courses online. This is the most challenging and fulfilling course I have taken so far. And I believe that the course shall be beneficial to all people in different walks of life.

176 - 200 of 9,650 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Andy S

Mar 26, 2020

It was very satisfying course in the right timing! Thank you for this amazing study.

By Jennifer P

Jun 18, 2020

To me this course was very disappointing . The content of the course I feel was not worth the $50 I paid for and only received a printable certificate. Unfortunately I don't feel that the content put together really kept my interest. In my opinion there really was too much information with study results and not enough hands on with truly practicing well being and utilizing that in real life.

By DULCEMARIA G S

Jun 24, 2020

I did not like the course at all. The format is really boring and impersonal. The videos are too long, the content is repetitive. The exams have very specific questions and I did not like Laurie's attitude when teaching "class". Of course it is useful because the theory of this course is very important for life, however I am disappointed in it.

By Bhooshan M

Aug 29, 2020

Not very engaging

By Satinder G

Jan 22, 2021

The course was very enriching and gave new insights into the science of well-being. The concepts covered are very relevant, especially the focus on positive psychology. Special kudos to Prof. Laurie Santos for putting together this beautiful course. In the times in which we are living, it is important for evolved minds like Prof. Laurie to come forward and extend their influence on large sections of society to change the course of the current discourse. We need inclusion, of all...humans, our nature, and everything around, in our concept of growth and progress. We have allowed things to drift too far. It's time that positivity by evolved and spiritual souls like Prof. Laurie is spread more and more. It's time for action. As I complete this course, a thought that crossed my mind was...wow...I have done a course from Yale, a thought which is so uplifting. Thanks Prof. Laurie and thanks Yale University .

By Shawn E

Jan 14, 2021

The class was well organized and the modules were easy to work through. I enjoyed learning about the latest research about happiness, the importance of social connections, meditation, and how to create new habits and goal setting strategies. Although I "know" about these things through my experience, it was insightful to learn some of the science behind these practices. The professor did a good job too, and I enjoyed the videos of her with the students in a discussion class, as well as the interviews. Finally, I have a list of some books and TED talks to check out. One thing I'm curious about... Was this class recorded before the CoVid crisis? It was very valuable to me after 9 months of shutdown and quarantine, and I think others would find it helpful to cope as well. Thank you.

By Prashant R

Dec 23, 2020

The course was very interesting and enriching. It provided me insights into the psychological perspective on how an Individual can train oneself towards making the best out of whatever life has offered . It has helped me see the silver-lining that surrounds the dark cloud of difficulty or adversity. This course has helped me in a big way to make my NEW-YEAR resolutions, to lead a more meaningful life.

May I express my heartfelt gratitude to the Course teacher, Laurie Santos and her team of experts. They were truly inspiring and meticulously chosen for the sessions. Overall the course was truly absorbing and of course the "Re-wirement exercises" were nice.

Many best wishes for the New Year-2021 in advance, to the entire community at Yale.

By Riley C

Dec 22, 2020

This is an incredible class! I cannot recommend it enough! I really encourage anyone to check it out. I was going through a bit of a low point when I began, and now I just feel like I have a fresh perspective on things around me. We took a pre test and a post test with this class and my happiness levels nearly doubled from start to finish. I mean if that isn't enough evidence of what an excellent class this is, I don't know what is! Also the professor is someone young and relatable, and the examples are very 'real life', so that is always awesome! Check it out!

By Pau

Dec 25, 2020

I enjoyed the course more than expected. :) Great examples of studies and resources for deep dive. Practical and useful information to rewire your habit, but also I learned why we should change the habit, what obstacles can we face, and how everybody will need to be patient in building them.

Definitely recommended if you seek more than just a checklist and best practices.

By Eric B

Jan 16, 2021

Just what I needed to stop thinking so negatively all the time. Easy to understand, not at all strenuous, amazing professor, and mind-opening content. This course is a must-take for anyone at any age, it'll truly help change your view on life and well-being.

By ALEJANDRO A

Jan 13, 2021

This course really helped me a lot, I am grateful with Laurie Santos and her team, the people involved into this great project. The oriented me into understanding valuable states of being and actions.

By Ting S L

Dec 21, 2020

Love Laurie's course presentation and layout. Pacing was good and natural. Using data and personal experience to teach us things that we tend to overlook and forgotten after the toll of the rat race.

By himanshu s

Dec 23, 2020

One of the best courses I have been part of, and wished it didnt attend as every week I had something new and useful to learn. Kudos to the staff and Professor for enriching people with this course

By John W L

Feb 20, 2021

Fantastic way to reflect upon one's conventional behaviour and to embark on an exciting change journey. "Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.", Dalai Lama

By William H

Dec 23, 2020

Incredible course. Engaging lectures, with digestible content. Great presentation and strategies to engage. I would recommend this to everybody that I know!

By Katherine T

Feb 19, 2021

This course has changed my life in a positive way. I am grateful that I got the opportunity to participate and learn from Dr. Laurie Santos and my peers.

By Sumita G

Dec 24, 2020

This course set my emotions on the right course for wellbeing. Thank you, so much for offering this in a most effortless manner.

By MOHAMED J O K A

Dec 23, 2020

An Excellent course not to be missed, it will enlighten you to step up your game in personal and professional level.

By Gokce S

Dec 23, 2020

what an amazing course, the research is strong enough to modify adult behaviour without overwhelming learner

By April V

Dec 22, 2020

Excellent course! Laurie is a great instructor and truly inspired me to finally start meditation. Thank you!

By Oleksandr I

Dec 20, 2020

This course is amazing. My happines scroe went up from 3.08 at the beginning to 3.71 after 10 weeks/ Nice!

By Robert O

Dec 28, 2020

I would highly recommend this course because it provides actionable steps that are based on research.

By María G Q B

Dec 20, 2020

Fue un curso de mucha utilidad para mi crecimiento profesional y aplicación en el ámbito de trabajo.

By Alex F

Dec 22, 2020

The contents are relevant and the topics were discussed in an easy yet effective manner.