Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

BT

Nov 27, 2019

Loved the practical "rewiring" assignments that helped me with understanding what really makes us happy. Not only this course changed my life perspective but enriched the lives of the people around me

MV

Jan 31, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

226 - 250 of 1,314 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By chuck g

May 16, 2018

wonderful course, very well put together, helped me to add a few tools to make sure that I can develop and sustain a healthy perspective on my personal happiness; course gave me a new appreciation of Eric Idle's song, "Always look on the bright side of life"...thank you.

By Jennifer D

Jul 08, 2019

This course is a great guide for increasing happiness and satisfaction in one's life. It uses the latest scientific studies to support suggestions and guided activities to incorporate these into our daily life and make them habits we do without thinking going forward.

By Pritam K

Jul 06, 2018

One of the most useful course i have taken ever, this course should be taken by every individual who have achieved the success to meet the basic necessities of life (food,cloth,shelter) and is looking forward to make improvements towards a happy and well balanced life.

By Kathy L F

Sep 23, 2019

An excellent course for purposes of advanced education in the area of positive psychology, with the provision of updated, research based information provided by Dr. Santos. Powerful content, current resources, and excellent video presentations utilized in this course.

By Bibiana O O

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks a lot.

For the oportunity to learn how I decide to be happy.

Live over the personal positions of the others.

Be gratefut....as say the Bible...

WOOP is for everything,

Tjhanks for your esthusiasm your kind and God Bless you.

Bibiana Orozco

From COLOMBIA - BOGOTA DC

By Peter L

Dec 30, 2019

Thank you for this excellent training. I'm almost 62 and I wish I've could have attended this training 40 years ago. That said, this training resulted in major shifts in the way a make (i think better and healthier) decisions. Could recommend this training to anyone.

By Carey E C

Sep 30, 2019

This really gave me a different perspective on how to live my life, and a new way of looking at it, in a more of a glass half full/optimistic outlook. My happiness increased and I learned some valuable life strategies that I hope to utilize every day going forward.

By Pam W

Aug 30, 2019

Professor provides a logical, step wise and practical approach. The idea of WOOP is a helpful tool. Understanding re-wirements and discerning what actually contributes to a human's well being is essential to being more well and was exemplified and useful. Thank-you.

By maliha n

Jul 07, 2019

Great insght into the scienctific concepts and latest research into wellbeing, practical tips on how to improve your wellbeing.. take away message from the course; habit/beahviour change is possible but it requires work, commitment and lots of practice! Thank you!

By Jeffry R

Nov 14, 2018

Taking this course online was perfect for me because of the freedom to work at my own pace from my home. The skills I have learned are valuable to me and I will continue to practice them after this course. Thanks so much for this course on the science of well being.

By Katherina D

Jan 06, 2020

The professor is very engaging, and the course is very focused on your activity vs. loads of lectures. She delivers the information in a very succinct and relatable way, anyone can understand and make the connections between doing this work and having a happy life.

By Abigail E

Apr 30, 2019

This is the best course I have taken thus far. I am so thankful to your organization for making this course available for all. Thank you very much professor for the hard work you put into this course. You are very engaging, smart and pretty. More power to Coursera.

By Fransisca F

Mar 20, 2019

I love this course "The Science of Well-Being" with Professor Laurie Santos. It gives me simple idea to boost our own happiness in a simple way and it works. When I feel so well, it really increases my productivity to do my activities... Thank you very much...

By Kimberley L H

Jul 31, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was very well laid out and very interesting. I also liked the rewirement assignment. It has changed the way I view life, the choices I make, and attitudes I keep. Thank you, Professor Santos, Yale University, and Coursera!

By Vrushali K

May 16, 2019

The course was really great and insightful. I took the course at the perfect time. Thank you Professor Dr. Laurie Santos for bringing in the research in such a good way. I would like to thank Yale University as well.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Vrushali Khadilkar

By Daniel L

Jan 24, 2020

Great course design in terms of structure, materials, expertise of speaker. Exercises support application and reflection, thus the learning circle (knowledge, application, feedback, reflection) is almost complete which is great considering this is a MOOC.

By Denise L

Aug 03, 2019

I recommend this course for anyone who would like to enrich his/her life. It provides enlightening information about the concept of "happiness" and research based strategies to create a healthy mindset. I will be recommending it to all of my colleagues.

By Hellen

Jan 09, 2019

This course has taught me to reevaluate my life. I am learning to enjoy my life and to be content where I am. I have also picked up techniques for making myself happy and I have understood what really helps to bring happiness and long lasting experiences

By Kezya F R C C

Oct 23, 2018

An excellent and provoking course. It'll push you out of your comfort zone. Packed with current scientific research and practical techniques to apply in your daily life long term.

I feel very privileged to have learned these skills so early on in my life.

By Di W

Sep 06, 2019

Not only does it focus on comprehensive coverage on all technical skills or action item suggestions, but it also provides theory analysis, and there is a 4-week rewire challenge at the end to help you actually make some changes, make a move in your life.

By Wouter B

Aug 24, 2019

Great course on the science of well-being. clearly structured with lots of scientific data being presented. and very practical too: the last four weeks is about chosing a rewirement, making a habit out of it and reflecting on the progress. reccommended!

By Eileen O

Sep 02, 2018

Excellent course. It did increase my personal wellbeing. I really liked the lecturer and the way she delivered the course. The literature she referenced is very current and widely sourced. There is a bit of homework each week which I found enjoyable.

By Ludwig D

Dec 26, 2019

Excellent course of well-being (happiness, good life,...) with lots of facts and studies about that subject and what really makes you happy in the long run, well explained Professor Santos ! Thanks a lot for insights into this exciting topic (Gratitude)

By Elizabeth T

Sep 09, 2018

I learned an impressive number of approaches to happiness and well-being while becoming more familiar with the ways that my brain can interfere with my achieving them. I recommend this course to anyone looking to grow into a happier and healthier life!

By Patty S

Nov 03, 2019

I would LOVE to take this course again in 6 months. It seems like an excellent way to reflect and reboot your life with intention. Thank you so much for all of the incredible information and the practical skills to put the science to work in my life.