Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

EN

May 31, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed and learned a lot about happiness from this course. I will definitely recommend it to my peers, as it gets me to the core from my misconceptions to developing the right practices.

GK

Jun 03, 2019

I have taken a dozen courses online. This is the most challenging and fulfilling course I have taken so far. And I believe that the course shall be beneficial to all people in different walks of life.

126 - 150 of 1,424 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Albin L

Sep 11, 2019

This course has the potential for many insightful lessons and the tools for practical, very rewarding and significant personal growth, well-being and happiness. It's possible to take a casual and superficial view of the course material, which is not intellectually complex. But that approach would likely not only result in limited understanding of the science of well-being and happiness, but a missed opportunity for a positive change in one's life.

By CARMEN R M G

Mar 02, 2020

I discovered that Well being is more about enjoying life in all the extensions, that we have to remember to savory every minute of it. I love how now I appreciate seeing more acts of kindness, gratitude every way I going and be able to help others to enjoy and celebrate life no matter what is the situation is always something positive in every challenge. I want to thanks Coursera, Yale University and the teacher for share this wonderful course.

By Elisa W

Jul 10, 2018

This class is incredible. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to take it. Professor Santos and the lectures are so engaging and they alone made me so happy, my happiness scores raised before I even practiced the rewirements. Everything is well-planned, interesting and easy to follow. I learned a lot about myself, gained a healthier perspective and tools for happiness that will last a lifetime. Great and important work – everyone TAKE THIS COURSE!

By Josephine W

Aug 06, 2019

I am quite a bit older than most of the college students and have learned most of what is taught here through experience and hard knocks. The students are lucky that this has now been researched and they can learn this earlier in life to live a better life. So glad to see this information shared with the world. I sound like an old fogey but in my day there was nothing like this and no opportunities to learn this stuff like this. Excellent!

By Norrie W

Mar 22, 2020

Professor Laurie Santos has created an engaging holistic experience to teach how to integrate the tools / habits needed to significantly increase your happiness in a meaningful and measurable way. I loved every aspect of the course and feel it has significantly improved my approach to happiness and overall well-being. In the spirit of gratitude, thank you to Professor Santos, the students who shared their experiences, Yale and Coursera!

By Aditya h

May 01, 2018

Great course! Pinpoints to the true facets of happiness by emphasizing on experiences rather than on things. The rewirement exercises are super helpful. Research oriented guide to happiness as each module is presented with the results of experiments conducted. WooP - wish, Outcome, Obstacle, Plan is the way to make changes in the current behavior. Thank you Yale for offering this course. This my 170th MooC and the best one so far !

By Krystal W

Jun 29, 2019

I found this course to be vey insightful and it also made me understand why I thought I wasn’t happy when it was really miswanting the right things. I have learnt from this course strategies to increase my happiness and that with hard work it will become easier for these strategies to become a more regular technique used in my day to day life. I would recommend this course to anyone who is wanting to have more positivity in their life.

By Shawn A

Aug 23, 2019

This course was like awakening a GIANT. I am now a different human with superpowers and I have been UNLEASHED. Thank you.

This completely aligns with my passion and purpose in life. I am professionally a Life Coach and have been that for many years. I have changed thousands of lives and this course has now given me a new set of tools from which to guide my clients, friends, students and family. Oh, so much FUN ahead.

Game on, World!!

By Bernie

Feb 06, 2020

This course allowed me to look into my soul and evaluate what I really needed to be happy and what I found out was that all I really needed was to stop comparing myself to others. I come from a family that showed little love and was taught from day 1 that "Little Girls were meant to be seen not heard." I realize now that this is me and I need to love me and love my life, it doesn't matter what other people think. Thank you.

By Emily K

Jun 13, 2019

I really appreciated the opportunity to better understand the research behind what actually makes us happier, and what we think will make us happier but doesn't. So many of the lecture themes pop up in my head now day to day and prompt me to make different decisions than I was making before the course. Many thanks to Professor Santos for creating this course and sharing these strategies for well-being with more of the world!

By Celri O

Feb 29, 2020

I loved the multi-layered approach of this course. The informal lectures made it accessible and using technology to track progress such as the ReWi app made it fun as well. Really took me back to my varsity days. I am still using my ReWi app to track Gratitude and Savoring and I found the peer feedback very helpful. I highly recommend this course. Thank you, Dr Santos, for making this course available to a larger audience.

By moreux

Mar 08, 2019

Amazing lessons to make your life a better life, yourself a better colleague, friend, spouse, well a better human. What is the most enjoyable is the mix of a lot of detailed studies by the best professors on the Positive psychology and practical daily routines to start implementing from day 1.

Do not hesitate a single second to get involved with Laurie Santos and all the YAle students who have followed these lessons.

Nicolas

By Myriam A B

Aug 15, 2018

This is the best course that I have taken about the Science of Well-Being. I previously took the Positive Psychology course from the University of Pennsylvania, which was excellent. However, Professor Laurie Santos is a great communicator making complex information easy to understand to even people that don't have a Psychology degree. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn more about happiness.

By Peter A R

Jan 21, 2020

Truly enjoyed the content, pace and speakers. The course is an excellent blend of theory, concept, hands-on exercises as well as interaction with fellow course takers. Really loved Professor Santos's engaging lecture and her ability to present complex psychological content in a simple way with ample examples. Well worth investing the time; walked away with plenty of tools and methods to improve my well being.

By Rob D

Jul 05, 2019

Overall, this experience has been exceptional in its ability to introduce different aspects into my daily life that can contribute to happiness being a skill. It has also helped me to think about investing into experiences more and remove the desire to want material things. I will be utilizing content in this class for years to come to help myself, my family, and others that are influenced by my life.

By Jose G

Mar 27, 2019

It has been great!!! It really changes your perspective and contributes for your happiness, Dr. Santos has this unique way to talk about science and facts that makes you feel part of the reflections.

I have improved my happiness and I will keep practicing everything Dr. Santos Thougth us on the course.

I specially believe that I've been growing myself as a more patient and increase my resilence

Thank you!!

By Elizabeth A

Jun 10, 2018

This was a great course taught by smart, engaging and funny Professor Laurie Santos. We learned about the different scientific psychological studies that have been done about well-being and happiness. We also had to practice some of the tools and mind rewirements to help us understand how to have more joy and well-being in our lives. I feel very enriched and fulfilled from this experience. Thank you!

By Tracy R

Sep 14, 2019

This is a great first step in the path to greater joy. I highly recommend taking the course, but also living it. Finding the life that’s right for you takes some work and likely requires some uncomfortable reflection. I had to make a hard decision or two to find my happiness, as well. Stick with it. Random people comment on how much happier I seem without even knowing about the course. It’s amazing.

By Smita S

Aug 29, 2019

Loved this course. It explains using data from studies, how what we think will make us happy, does not necessarily do so. It then goes into what you can do to improve your contentment in life. The course is well organized and Laurie Santos presents short videos so its easy for busy working people to keep up with the classes. She is a good presenter. Thank you for making this awesome course free.

By Dania M

Aug 28, 2018

I really loved this course, all the topics studied were very enriching. I learned from the real science that exists behind such small things like be grateful to more familiar topics such exercising. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to find a more academic reason to change their habits.

Also, the instructor Santos is an excellent teacher and has a very warm approach with all students.

By Debbie G

Aug 11, 2019

I have enjoyed everything about this course. I am a health teacher so this is why I took it. I deal with so many kids with mental health concerns so I just wanted to know what really makes someone happy. I wrote in a journal for a month about 3 things I am grateful for every day. I was consistent with the whole month. I liked looking back at what I was grateful full. Keep up the good work.

By Tracy G

Sep 10, 2019

This was a very informative and useful course. It gives me life skills to work on everyday so I can feel more satisfied in my daily life as I work towards my true passions in life. I have goals that are achievable and can overcome my road blocks. I definitely think there was so much good information that one would need to review the content over a few times to get the benefit of the course.

By Aruna N

Sep 05, 2018

I have read books about positive psychology before but this course is brilliantly structured and presented to help you to really internalise the research findings and implement them in your life. The material is really engaging and interactive and the professor pitched the difficulty level of the material just right—showing us the science behind the claims, but without overwhelming us in data.

By Charity C

Jul 09, 2018

This course gives the learner a variety of skills to help improve their overall happiness and well-being. The rewirements and assignments to practice them weekly were a huge benefit in my overall well-being. I appreciated the addition of the final assignment to pick a rewirement and practice for four weeks. This course led to an improvement in my well-being and happiness on a day-to-day basis.

By Debora W

Jan 16, 2020

I am thoroughly enjoying this course. I am a certified coach and find this course a wonderful tool and resource. Dr. Santos has a comfortable, relate-able style as seen on the question answer and lectures with students. I greatly appreciate the videos, TED Talks, articles and reference books related to the topic. I have taken pages of notes and expanded my book resource list too! Thank you!!