Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

BT

Nov 27, 2019

Loved the practical "rewiring" assignments that helped me with understanding what really makes us happy. Not only this course changed my life perspective but enriched the lives of the people around me

GK

Jun 03, 2019

I have taken a dozen courses online. This is the most challenging and fulfilling course I have taken so far. And I believe that the course shall be beneficial to all people in different walks of life.

126 - 150 of 1,306 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Myriam A B

Aug 15, 2018

This is the best course that I have taken about the Science of Well-Being. I previously took the Positive Psychology course from the University of Pennsylvania, which was excellent. However, Professor Laurie Santos is a great communicator making complex information easy to understand to even people that don't have a Psychology degree. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn more about happiness.

By Peter A R

Jan 21, 2020

Truly enjoyed the content, pace and speakers. The course is an excellent blend of theory, concept, hands-on exercises as well as interaction with fellow course takers. Really loved Professor Santos's engaging lecture and her ability to present complex psychological content in a simple way with ample examples. Well worth investing the time; walked away with plenty of tools and methods to improve my well being.

By Rob D

Jul 05, 2019

Overall, this experience has been exceptional in its ability to introduce different aspects into my daily life that can contribute to happiness being a skill. It has also helped me to think about investing into experiences more and remove the desire to want material things. I will be utilizing content in this class for years to come to help myself, my family, and others that are influenced by my life.

By Jose G

Mar 27, 2019

It has been great!!! It really changes your perspective and contributes for your happiness, Dr. Santos has this unique way to talk about science and facts that makes you feel part of the reflections.

I have improved my happiness and I will keep practicing everything Dr. Santos Thougth us on the course.

I specially believe that I've been growing myself as a more patient and increase my resilence

Thank you!!

By Elizabeth A

Jun 10, 2018

This was a great course taught by smart, engaging and funny Professor Laurie Santos. We learned about the different scientific psychological studies that have been done about well-being and happiness. We also had to practice some of the tools and mind rewirements to help us understand how to have more joy and well-being in our lives. I feel very enriched and fulfilled from this experience. Thank you!

By Tracy R

Sep 14, 2019

This is a great first step in the path to greater joy. I highly recommend taking the course, but also living it. Finding the life that’s right for you takes some work and likely requires some uncomfortable reflection. I had to make a hard decision or two to find my happiness, as well. Stick with it. Random people comment on how much happier I seem without even knowing about the course. It’s amazing.

By Smita S

Aug 29, 2019

Loved this course. It explains using data from studies, how what we think will make us happy, does not necessarily do so. It then goes into what you can do to improve your contentment in life. The course is well organized and Laurie Santos presents short videos so its easy for busy working people to keep up with the classes. She is a good presenter. Thank you for making this awesome course free.

By Dania M

Aug 28, 2018

I really loved this course, all the topics studied were very enriching. I learned from the real science that exists behind such small things like be grateful to more familiar topics such exercising. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to find a more academic reason to change their habits.

Also, the instructor Santos is an excellent teacher and has a very warm approach with all students.

By Debbie G

Aug 11, 2019

I have enjoyed everything about this course. I am a health teacher so this is why I took it. I deal with so many kids with mental health concerns so I just wanted to know what really makes someone happy. I wrote in a journal for a month about 3 things I am grateful for every day. I was consistent with the whole month. I liked looking back at what I was grateful full. Keep up the good work.

By Tracy G

Sep 10, 2019

This was a very informative and useful course. It gives me life skills to work on everyday so I can feel more satisfied in my daily life as I work towards my true passions in life. I have goals that are achievable and can overcome my road blocks. I definitely think there was so much good information that one would need to review the content over a few times to get the benefit of the course.

By Aruna N

Sep 05, 2018

I have read books about positive psychology before but this course is brilliantly structured and presented to help you to really internalise the research findings and implement them in your life. The material is really engaging and interactive and the professor pitched the difficulty level of the material just right—showing us the science behind the claims, but without overwhelming us in data.

By Charity C

Jul 09, 2018

This course gives the learner a variety of skills to help improve their overall happiness and well-being. The rewirements and assignments to practice them weekly were a huge benefit in my overall well-being. I appreciated the addition of the final assignment to pick a rewirement and practice for four weeks. This course led to an improvement in my well-being and happiness on a day-to-day basis.

By Debora W

Jan 16, 2020

I am thoroughly enjoying this course. I am a certified coach and find this course a wonderful tool and resource. Dr. Santos has a comfortable, relate-able style as seen on the question answer and lectures with students. I greatly appreciate the videos, TED Talks, articles and reference books related to the topic. I have taken pages of notes and expanded my book resource list too! Thank you!!

By Hugo E G L

Oct 28, 2019

It was an excellent course. What I liked the most about it is how gradually destroys the misconceptions that we have about what makes us happy and what that thing makes us happy. On the whole, it was a blast, and the lecturer was quite good. The students seemed to be engaged in the class. Something that I take with me is the focus on experiences rather than things. That resonated with me.

By Allan R

Dec 16, 2018

Interesting, well-presented, well-documented strategies for improving well-being and avoiding pitfalls to achieving that goal. Well-structured lectures and interviews with authors and researchers supported the recommendations of the course. I would highly recommend this course to all who would experiment with the rewirement suggestions and conscientiously follow the discussed strategies.

By Theo P

May 23, 2018

Refreshing and well presented. Laurie Santos brings new perspectives and studies on the Science of Well Being. I was so surprised that it was filled with new information about improving happiness and increasing the quality of life. It is totally applicable to life (which differs from many courses). As a professor, she exudes authenticity and really connects with students of all levels.

By Lisa F

Jun 08, 2019

I really love this course! It has my highest recommendation to anyone who’s interested in completing it. It made a big difference in my overall happiness and I love Dr. Santos! She is so well spoken and I really loved listening to her lectures. If you do the course the way it’s intended I believe you will truly benefit. You will definitely get out of it what you put into it and more!

By Kim D

Nov 22, 2019

This was a great course. I learned so much about myself and by implementing the strategies taught here I have changed my life plan and life goals. I am taking more counseling classes and started a career change at almost 50 years old for a career I can feel good about and to one that benefits the lives of others! Thank you so much for this course! It literally changed my life!!

By Veronica K

Jul 31, 2018

I have 2 college degrees, one master degree and have taken a few online courses till know, but this is the best ever. Have taught me how to see things in a more clear and satisfactory way. to live in a more conscious and happy way. I am sharing a lot of this course tips with friend and students.It introduce me to interesting books and Ted talks too. I think I will take it again!

By Mariana D

May 26, 2018

Tomar este curso fue una experiencia maravillosa. Poner en práctica hábitos que están científicamente probados para aumentar el bienestar o la felicidad suena como algo suena como algo fácil pero no lo es, necesitamos hacer un esfuerzo para estar bien y es excelente tener las herramientas necesarias para hacer que ese esfuerzo sea efectivo. ¡Me encantó The Science of Well-Beign!

By nichole b

Jul 31, 2018

This class is a must for anyone who wants to deepen the quality of life they are currently experiencing. This course is not set up like a simple "to do" list and then leaves you adrift. You are given, solid measurable tools and skills and then you self assess how you applied them. I guarantee if you utilize just one of the skills in this course you will be happier in your life.

By James C

Jan 12, 2020

A fantastic learning opportunity to understand both the empirical science of positive psychology and emotional wellbeing counterpointed with behaviour change concepts to learn how we develop and build positive habits. Learning was collegiate and practical and as a newbie to online courses, this was a great introduction to the world of continuous development online. Thanks all!

By Meghan S

Apr 27, 2018

Laurie Santos is engaging and the course is well-designed and extremely helpful. The research and detailed resources are very much appreciated. I would recommend reviewing all the rewirements at the start of the course and choosing some to work through during the whole time.

I definitely appreciate what I've learned and will continue trying to practice what I've learned.

By Kala R

Jul 28, 2019

The Science of Well-Being is an especially useful course to me as I was recently named the Pharmacy Residency Mentorship and Wellness Coordinator at the hospital I work at. I took this course hoping to develop the skills to improve my own happiness but also help the pharmacy residents. It was an incredibly thorough course and I am so thankful I found this opportunity.

By Anna Y

Aug 05, 2019

This was incredible course full of researches which helps to understand the topic deeper and see the picture more clear. The practical side of the course was also very helpful as the rewirements were chosen in a very right way. I recomend this course not only to proffesionals but also to everyone who wants to make their life happier and increase their well-being.