Back to The Science of Well-Being

The Science of Well-Being, Yale University

About this Course

“The Science of Well-Being” taught by Professor Laurie Santos overviews what psychological science says about happiness. The purpose of the course is to not only learn what psychological research says about what makes us happy but also to put those strategies into practice. The first part of the course reveals misconceptions we have about happiness and the annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do. The next part of the course focuses on activities that have been proven to increase happiness along with strategies to build better habits. The last part of the course gives learners time, tips, and social support to work on the final assignment which asks learners to apply one wellness activity aka "Rewirement" into their lives for four weeks....

By RW

Aug 10, 2018

So far so good. I enjoy the savoring and the gratitude i am continuing with. I am sharing my experiences and findings with my friends. They are happy to hear what i am explaining to them. Thanks, Bob

By GN

Jun 14, 2018

Exceptional course to understand the empirical science behind real well-being. Prof Santos' conversational teaching style is easy to follow - just great. I have recommended the course to others.

437 Reviews

By Julie McLaren

Jan 19, 2019

Brilliant course. Based on sound science and life-changing.

By Katia Verginia Cantão Veloso

Jan 18, 2019

The course was very interesting and I recommend it. The teacher approaches a subjective topic in a light and practical way, based on researches. The exercises are practical and fun. I loved the course!

By Marcie Kraft

Jan 17, 2019

So far so good! Only problem has been using the app. But, the Course itself seems solid!

By

Jan 16, 2019

Great course, I have learned to much! Thank you!

By CYNTHIA SEPÚLVEDA

Jan 15, 2019

GREAT

By Thomas Wrigley

Jan 15, 2019

This is one of those courses where you use what you've learned for the rest of your life. Well worth the time spent learning the core concepts.

By Mauricio Villa

Jan 14, 2019

Great Course to help you identify what will help you become happier

By Andrew John Heading

Jan 14, 2019

Awesome course, thank you for making it available. :)

By Manoj Saha

Jan 13, 2019

Great one - covered a lot of ground and it was organized and presented in a great way!!

By Robert Gede Satrya Picauly

Jan 11, 2019

One of the very best. Truely enjoyed doing this. With solid academic foundations, to the point and nice rewirement exercises.