Back to The Science of Well-Being

The Science of Well-Being, Yale University

About this Course

“The Science of Well-Being” taught by Professor Laurie Santos overviews what psychological science says about happiness. The purpose of the course is to not only learn what psychological research says about what makes us happy but also to put those strategies into practice. The first part of the course reveals misconceptions we have about happiness and the annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do. The next part of the course focuses on activities that have been proven to increase happiness along with strategies to build better habits. The last part of the course gives learners time, tips, and social support to work on the final assignment which asks learners to apply one wellness activity aka "Rewirement" into their lives for four weeks....

By MV

Jan 31, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

By RW

Aug 10, 2018

So far so good. I enjoy the savoring and the gratitude i am continuing with. I am sharing my experiences and findings with my friends. They are happy to hear what i am explaining to them. Thanks, Bob

524 Reviews

By Carl Philip Nauwelaerts

Mar 22, 2019

It is quite simple:

This is more important than anything else I have ever learned at school... Ok, together with learning how to read and count.

Psychology is still largely missing from our educational system, even though it desribes exactly what we are and how we function. So I don't understand why we don't learn this at school: It is more important than economics.

This course should be given in the last grade of each highschool.

Keep up the good work professor!

Carl Philip

By Michel Mallet

Mar 20, 2019

A prefect mix between theory and practice.

Very useful.

The aim is to operate rewirement and it works.

By Fransisca Fitriastuti

Mar 20, 2019

I love this course "The Science of Well-Being" with Professor Laurie Santos. It gives me simple idea to boost our own happiness in a simple way and it works. When I feel so well, it really increases my productivity to do my activities... Thank you very much...

By Marisol Rojas

Mar 19, 2019

I highly recommend the course. It enables to apply useful strategies from positive psychology in order to be happier and healthier.

By Liz Henry

Mar 17, 2019

One of the most life-changing courses I have ever taken, thank you Pr. Santos. This is a course to revisit once in a while..... I will be back!

By Silvana Maria Rosso

Mar 15, 2019

I changes my life and my behavor. I am very grateful

By Abby Dowel

Mar 15, 2019

I absolutely loved this course. Easy to follow, interesting, scientifically backed, and just a joy to participate in. The professor was fantastic, and I learned a lot of easy strategies for myself, and to share with others, to increase happiness in every aspect of life. Thank you Yale and Coursera!

By GAUTHAM CHAND M

Mar 14, 2019

Good Course

Mainly this course can be used to improve our day to day life emotions and can be used to achieve success in life.

By Maria del Carmen Barron Escamilla

Mar 13, 2019

Awesome, usefull and suitable for everyone

By Jill Kimball

Mar 13, 2019

Love this course, I recommend it to everyone! If you're motivated to improve your own emotional well-being but can't afford therapy this course is the best!