Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

MV

Jan 31, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

GK

Jun 03, 2019

I have taken a dozen courses online. This is the most challenging and fulfilling course I have taken so far. And I believe that the course shall be beneficial to all people in different walks of life.

251 - 275 of 1,531 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Huri B

Mar 06, 2020

One of the best personal development courses, I have ever taken. I've already seen so many benefits of the course. We enjoyed the videos a lot . We love the way the professor talks and explains the lectures. She is very sweet, knowledgeable and passionate about what she teaches. I feel like she became our new friend.

By Josh G

Oct 23, 2018

Exceptional course. I've read many books on happiness and well-being, but none have had the same kind of positive impact on my life as this course. Teaching the science then giving specific assignments to put these known-to-work strategies into practice is an unbeatable combination. Couldn't recommend it more strongly.

By Myra B

May 06, 2019

Thank you for your foresight in teaching The Science of Well-Being!

Balance is needed and necessary to elevate the level of thought and access creative solutions to today's global and local events and personal relationships! All the best in your growth and journey!

Myra Baker

Conscious Dimensions and N-1 Games

By Randolph C

Dec 01, 2019

So far, it has been the most useful course I have ever taken. Laurie Santos manages to bring in all the empirical research about concrete elements and strategies that make up true happiness. Most importantly, the "homework" (which I will be doing after the course ends) is both feasible, engaging, and life changing.

By Nadiia K

Nov 19, 2019

I really loved this course! Lots of interesting findings to think about. And it's great that the course is so practical. I started it when there was quite a complicated, not-that-happy period in my life, and after several weeks of practicing what the course teaches, I felt much better. Thank you Laurie for your work!

By AnnMarie B

Sep 14, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. I already had some tools in regards to finding substantial happiness this course just added to what I already know. It was a great way to reflect on what works and why it works and the science behind it. Loved the course, easy to understand and the videos were very well done! Great job!

By María A L M

Mar 13, 2019

Buenas noches, muchas gracias profesora Laurie y equipo de colaboradores, realmente aprendí excelentes herramientas para implementar en mi vida personal. Estoy recomendando el curso desde el primer día que inicié, y aunque me demoré tres meses en cumplir con los requisitos del curso, me siento feliz por este logro.

By Margarita R D

Sep 15, 2019

The course is very well set-up in such a manner that it is not only easy to follow but also simple to implement; many examples of every day life are used, which facilitates understanding.

It applies to different individuals, different ages, gender, nationality, and life stage.

Excellent teacher; congratulations !!!

By Naylinn H

Feb 09, 2019

Before it seems to me that this course is going to focus on the happiness and psychology stuffs only. Actually it gives actual and practical knowledge and success in daily life. When people are acting for their promotion and acting weird I remind myself of this course. However, I did not finish it up all courses.

By Isabelle V

Jan 12, 2020

I love everything about this course! It is the best course and I'm so happy I did it. Wish it didn't end. Cannot stop talking about it to my friends and family. Thanks to Jay Shetty and his podcasts for introducing me to Laurie and this AMAZING course. And thanks to Laurie for making this accessible to everyone!

By Joaquin M S

Oct 21, 2019

The best course I've taken so far. It changed my whole perception of life. I'm really grateful for having had the opportunity to take this course. I'm looking forward to see how i can improve and apply more deeply what i have learned. I don't think i will able to rate other course with 5 stars after this one.

By Srishti P

Oct 21, 2019

Loved every bit of the course and needles to the say Prof Santos is amazing ! She made the course so interesting with the research data substantiating all the aspects. Whatever we learnt in the course has practical application and one can actually feel the benefit, if we keep practising :)

Thank you Coursera !

By Lam A T

Apr 01, 2020

This is a good course to take , i enjoy learning a method on how to adjust my behavior for a better life style and good teaching method too .I was so busy with work before that by now i realizes i miss out quite a lot .Thanks to this ,i now know what i miss and what to do about it too. Overall, good course !

By Claudia O

Feb 07, 2020

Una experiencia que te permite ampliar la perspectiva de lo que es el bienestar, con el respaldo de la ciencia y con la aplicación de técnicas que realmente mejoran tus habilidades para gestionar tus emociones y tus objetivos, a la vez que mejoras tu salud y tu conexión con todas las personas de tu entorno.

By Payam I

Feb 12, 2020

A very recommendable course! I have learned numerous strategies about how to implement (which) habits that lead to a happier and more satisfied life.

The science-backed theories are very helpful and insightful to understand the why's and also be able to explain to others.

Thank you for creating this course!

By Kaushik K G

Sep 16, 2019

This a great course and keeps you engaged through out the course with the examples, exercises and quiz at various stages. Trainer has done a great job about creating the interest in the course. I am sure it is going to be of value in life and put in practice. I will be interested in Advance Course, if any.

By Mascheria G P

Nov 06, 2019

This class has taught me so much. I love the teacher because she is so down to earth. I was shocked when she said that she did not pass every test. When I heard that I was at ease. Because of that, she has helped me to pass my testes. I wish that she taught on other things because I would sign right up.

By Barbara S

Aug 20, 2018

I found this course very helpful to learn more about the science of well-being. For sure it does help to better know yourself and improve the ability to relate to others. It is a great support to work on the ;level of happiness you wish to achieve. had a great impact on personal life and therefore on the

By Sylvia S

Apr 07, 2020

This course has been most helpful in my understanding of the true science behind well-being. Change is possible and by creating healthy habits and maintaining them it truly promotes a sense of happiness and well-being. I am grateful for this course, it came to me when I really needed it...thank you! :)

By Shelley A

Apr 04, 2020

This was such a worthwhile course. I learned so much and was engaged throughout the ten week program. All of the videos and written information were beneficial and presented in such a way that facilitated learning and encouragement to continue. I have literally recommended it to everyone I know.

By Malgorzata R

Nov 18, 2019

Excellent! I learned a lot about what makes (and what doesn't make!) people happy and I have started building healthy habits what will hopefully increase my happiness level further in the future. I really enjoyed the course and recommend it to everyone who is looking for improved life satisfaction.

By Darren H

Jul 18, 2019

This was much more in depth than I expected, and had a far greater impact on my own wellbeing too. It is accessible for a range of learners, but the additional reading material (which you do not HAVE to do) can go into much more depth for those who are more academically minded. Well worth the time.

By Jing

Aug 25, 2018

The course teaches some theories, and the best one is, it gives some experiments and statistics to justify the theories and let students have better understandings. It is a well-organized, delicate, wonderful course, I'm so excited I really get help through it. Thanks for all the teaching staff.

By TLH

Oct 15, 2019

This course was enjoyable, down-to-earth, and practical. If you do what you have always done, you will get what you've always gotten: The principles in this course help you to change your thinking to that which can affect change in just about any area of your life. Thank you, Professor Santos!