Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

GK

Jun 03, 2019

I have taken a dozen courses online. This is the most challenging and fulfilling course I have taken so far. And I believe that the course shall be beneficial to all people in different walks of life.

EN

May 31, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed and learned a lot about happiness from this course. I will definitely recommend it to my peers, as it gets me to the core from my misconceptions to developing the right practices.

201 - 225 of 1,519 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Tracy G

Sep 10, 2019

This was a very informative and useful course. It gives me life skills to work on everyday so I can feel more satisfied in my daily life as I work towards my true passions in life. I have goals that are achievable and can overcome my road blocks. I definitely think there was so much good information that one would need to review the content over a few times to get the benefit of the course.

By Aruna N

Sep 05, 2018

I have read books about positive psychology before but this course is brilliantly structured and presented to help you to really internalise the research findings and implement them in your life. The material is really engaging and interactive and the professor pitched the difficulty level of the material just right—showing us the science behind the claims, but without overwhelming us in data.

By Charity C

Jul 09, 2018

This course gives the learner a variety of skills to help improve their overall happiness and well-being. The rewirements and assignments to practice them weekly were a huge benefit in my overall well-being. I appreciated the addition of the final assignment to pick a rewirement and practice for four weeks. This course led to an improvement in my well-being and happiness on a day-to-day basis.

By Debora W

Jan 16, 2020

I am thoroughly enjoying this course. I am a certified coach and find this course a wonderful tool and resource. Dr. Santos has a comfortable, relate-able style as seen on the question answer and lectures with students. I greatly appreciate the videos, TED Talks, articles and reference books related to the topic. I have taken pages of notes and expanded my book resource list too! Thank you!!

By Hugo E G L

Oct 28, 2019

It was an excellent course. What I liked the most about it is how gradually destroys the misconceptions that we have about what makes us happy and what that thing makes us happy. On the whole, it was a blast, and the lecturer was quite good. The students seemed to be engaged in the class. Something that I take with me is the focus on experiences rather than things. That resonated with me.

By Allan R

Dec 16, 2018

Interesting, well-presented, well-documented strategies for improving well-being and avoiding pitfalls to achieving that goal. Well-structured lectures and interviews with authors and researchers supported the recommendations of the course. I would highly recommend this course to all who would experiment with the rewirement suggestions and conscientiously follow the discussed strategies.

By Theo P

May 23, 2018

Refreshing and well presented. Laurie Santos brings new perspectives and studies on the Science of Well Being. I was so surprised that it was filled with new information about improving happiness and increasing the quality of life. It is totally applicable to life (which differs from many courses). As a professor, she exudes authenticity and really connects with students of all levels.

By Lisa F

Jun 08, 2019

I really love this course! It has my highest recommendation to anyone who’s interested in completing it. It made a big difference in my overall happiness and I love Dr. Santos! She is so well spoken and I really loved listening to her lectures. If you do the course the way it’s intended I believe you will truly benefit. You will definitely get out of it what you put into it and more!

By Kim D

Nov 22, 2019

This was a great course. I learned so much about myself and by implementing the strategies taught here I have changed my life plan and life goals. I am taking more counseling classes and started a career change at almost 50 years old for a career I can feel good about and to one that benefits the lives of others! Thank you so much for this course! It literally changed my life!!

By Gustavo C K W

Mar 31, 2020

An excellent course with very informative contents. I am an academic myself who has been going through a very rough patch in my life. This course has given me perspectives and concrete strategies that I can use to look at life and do things slightly differently at the start and this slowly steers me away from the negative loop that I was trapping myself in in the past. Thank you.

By Veronica K

Jul 31, 2018

I have 2 college degrees, one master degree and have taken a few online courses till know, but this is the best ever. Have taught me how to see things in a more clear and satisfactory way. to live in a more conscious and happy way. I am sharing a lot of this course tips with friend and students.It introduce me to interesting books and Ted talks too. I think I will take it again!

By Mariana D

May 26, 2018

Tomar este curso fue una experiencia maravillosa. Poner en práctica hábitos que están científicamente probados para aumentar el bienestar o la felicidad suena como algo suena como algo fácil pero no lo es, necesitamos hacer un esfuerzo para estar bien y es excelente tener las herramientas necesarias para hacer que ese esfuerzo sea efectivo. ¡Me encantó The Science of Well-Beign!

By nichole b

Jul 31, 2018

This class is a must for anyone who wants to deepen the quality of life they are currently experiencing. This course is not set up like a simple "to do" list and then leaves you adrift. You are given, solid measurable tools and skills and then you self assess how you applied them. I guarantee if you utilize just one of the skills in this course you will be happier in your life.

By James C

Jan 12, 2020

A fantastic learning opportunity to understand both the empirical science of positive psychology and emotional wellbeing counterpointed with behaviour change concepts to learn how we develop and build positive habits. Learning was collegiate and practical and as a newbie to online courses, this was a great introduction to the world of continuous development online. Thanks all!

By Andrew W

Apr 01, 2020

This is a great beginner/introductory course into The Science of Well Being. Throughout the course there are many practical and simple strategies discussed at length that can be used to help increase overall happiness and well-being. It is an engaging course and I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who are looking to live a happier and more meaningful life.

By Meghan S

Apr 27, 2018

Laurie Santos is engaging and the course is well-designed and extremely helpful. The research and detailed resources are very much appreciated. I would recommend reviewing all the rewirements at the start of the course and choosing some to work through during the whole time.

I definitely appreciate what I've learned and will continue trying to practice what I've learned.

By Kala R

Jul 28, 2019

The Science of Well-Being is an especially useful course to me as I was recently named the Pharmacy Residency Mentorship and Wellness Coordinator at the hospital I work at. I took this course hoping to develop the skills to improve my own happiness but also help the pharmacy residents. It was an incredibly thorough course and I am so thankful I found this opportunity.

By Christian P H

Mar 11, 2020

In a world where suicidal tendencies and anxiety attacks are alarmingly increasing, I would say that this course could be the turning point for people. I will seek to continue executing everything I have learned from here. Yes, executing (or performing), because knowing is not half the battle!

Thank you very much Prof. Laurie Santos! And thank you Yale and Coursera!

By Anna Y

Aug 05, 2019

This was incredible course full of researches which helps to understand the topic deeper and see the picture more clear. The practical side of the course was also very helpful as the rewirements were chosen in a very right way. I recomend this course not only to proffesionals but also to everyone who wants to make their life happier and increase their well-being.

By Ming E L

Dec 18, 2019

Slow paced and easy to implement good habits in daily life. I started with no expectations as I was not convinced that I can adopt the lifestyle changes. However, after going through the course, I must say I came out as a better person. Maybe I didn't manage to fully commit to all the good habits but nevertheless some improvement is made and I am happy for that.

By Rocio M

Apr 04, 2020

Being my 1st online certificate course.... I LOVED IT!!! Thank you soooo much! I look forward in enrolling in more online courses that will help me...at home (personally) and at work.

Muchas Gracias!!! In tagalog (the Philippines) we say Maraming Salamat!

** I just wanted to make sure..but is that really your signature on my certificate? Just want to be sure...

By Egita D F

Nov 04, 2019

Really enjoyed this course! Professor is really knowledgeable, friendly and explains things easily that you just want to know what she has to say next. Best part - it sticks! Truly improved my mood and happiness level during the course and learned new things that help me to stick to the new, good habits. Hopefully will be able to help also others to be happier.

By John M

Dec 13, 2019

I really enjoyed the course and I thought the professor was engaging, articulate and interesting. I would strongly recommend the course to anyone who is interested in understanding happiness as it helps with myth debunking and gives you a solid set of tools to change your self and your happiness. My first Coursera course too which was really cool. Thank you.

By Elizabeth C

Oct 21, 2018

I can't say enough about The Science of Well-Being - when the time and mindset are on point, this course is life-changing. Totally unpretentious, non-threatening, easy to understand and just an all around string of "aha!" moments.

You have nothing to lose to take this class and everything to gain - so much more than you think.

Thank you, Professor Santos!

By Wilson C

Apr 26, 2018

This course makes you realize that the biases that you learned about your happiness are nearly all wrong. you don't get devastated for weeks when you get a bad grade, you recover fast and strong. Also, you learn how to raise your happiness and how you can actually get yourself in check, strengthening your relationships with your peers, friends and family.