Back to Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds is a five-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the origins of birds. This course examines the anatomy, diversity, and evolution of theropod dinosaurs in relation to the origin of birds. Students explore various hypotheses for the origin of flight. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-theropod-dinosaurs...

MC

Mar 14, 2018

This course was great! It explains everything clearly, and it keeps you involved by asking questions about the material, and keeps you amused with some interesting anecdotes. Highly suggested by me!

CH

Jan 6, 2021

I loved taking this course. I learned a lot (The first course I did was DINO 101 and I wanted to dig deeper). The teachers are really passionate and engaging. Cannot wait to do the others courses!

126 - 150 of 410 Reviews for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

By Andrea G

Oct 9, 2017

Me encanto, detallan toda la relación histórica con los distintos cambios y adaptaciones de los dinosaurios de los cuales derivan las aves actuales.

By Cesar L

Dec 8, 2020

Great way to teach with interesting reading and well explained videos! My new hobby has started after two dino courses from University of Alberta!

By Luis H V J

Jun 17, 2020

Un curso excelente, desde la parte científica hasta las ilustraciones, cuestionarios, conferencias y lecturas. Verdaderamente un trabajo único!

By Marcos d S

Jul 2, 2017

It's worth taking this course in order to understand not only how birds are related to dinosaurs, but also, how important they are to our world.

By Troy G

Feb 4, 2016

An excellent overview of dinosaurs and birds, the closest some of us will ever get to a paleontology class outside of enrolling in a university

By cassidy

Feb 2, 2021

I really enjoyed this course!! I learned a lot from this experience and I hope I can apply what I did learn into my future college and careers

By Neha K A

Apr 24, 2020

This was a fantastic course.

I learned about a bird's anatomical features and how these beautiful creatures evolved.

thanks to all instructors.

By Santiago B

Aug 27, 2020

Great lessons with very interesting, actual and useful information. It’s been a pleasure to be a student of this course. Long live Theropoda.

By Karthy S

Mar 18, 2022

Very informative and well-structured course for ornithologists and dino lovers. Many thanks to the University of Alberta and its faculties.

By li'ting'ting

Feb 1, 2022

Too a glory world when I know the relationship about some animals and I have a bigger heart to know more about the world on the dinosaurs.

By L D

May 5, 2021

Brilliant! Amazing content and Dr W Scott Persons has a real gift for teaching. It has reinforced my wish to study paleontology full time.

By Hunter R

Sep 27, 2020

Thanks for the great learning experince and this helped a lot in my understanding in early dinosaurs and how they transtioned into birds.

By Pritvik S

Jan 16, 2017

The course was an extensive and enjoyable overview of theropod dinosaurs and birds, thanks to the University of Alberta for making it!

By Nicholas B

Mar 30, 2018

Challenging yet thoroughly enjoyable. Thought I knew a bit about birds but now have a much better understanding. Would recommend 100%

By James M

Dec 5, 2016

Most informative! The course is well thought out and must have taken a great deal of time putting all together. Many thanks

Jim Morris

By Meera J

Nov 26, 2021

W​atched this course with my 9-year-old son who wants to be paleontologist when he grows up. He loved it and did it mainly for him!

By Saharsha V

Oct 18, 2021

I am glad that I took paleontology : theropod dinosaur and the origin of birds. it was an amazing experience and loved the method.

By Dillon T

Jun 20, 2016

Cool course I love birds and now understand about them more !!!!! Plus I can tell my friends want to see a Dino look over there !

By Dylan T

Jan 29, 2016

Another excellent course. Thank you very much for your amazing work. One of the most engaging learning experiences on this site.

By José E

Extremely didactic and enjoyable course that gives a thorough explanation on the origin of birds and their evolutionary history

By Osypchuk A

Apr 1, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot - all videos, interactive materials, and quiz were engaging, educational and very well thought out.

By Sathvik

Jun 27, 2020

The course is really good...so much so that I got emotional when I knew this was my last video with the University of Alberta

By omnaren v

Jun 28, 2020

I loved this course ,it was really interesting it expanded my career options greatly and Mr.Scott Persons is a great teacher

By Rohit P

Jun 8, 2020

Super insightful and very well balanced between the practicalities and the entire story that lead to the evolution of birds!

By Dave J

Jan 2, 2017

there is a lot I had to unlearn from PBS about Avian evolution. now I am hooked on their courses on dinosaurs and evolution.