Back to Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds is a five-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the origins of birds. This course examines the anatomy, diversity, and evolution of theropod dinosaurs in relation to the origin of birds. Students explore various hypotheses for the origin of flight. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-theropod-dinosaurs...

MC

Mar 14, 2018

This course was great! It explains everything clearly, and it keeps you involved by asking questions about the material, and keeps you amused with some interesting anecdotes. Highly suggested by me!

CH

Jan 6, 2021

I loved taking this course. I learned a lot (The first course I did was DINO 101 and I wanted to dig deeper). The teachers are really passionate and engaging. Cannot wait to do the others courses!

176 - 200 of 410 Reviews for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

By Arlene H

May 4, 2021

the moderators were amazing and made the course interesting and most of all fun! Thank you very much

By Konrad B

Jan 24, 2022

Great insight into basic evolutionary development of birds and general knowledge of dinosaur groups.

By Euan C B

Apr 25, 2019

This course was really good and has lots of interesting stuff in it, some things I didn't even know.

By Bonnie L C

Feb 21, 2016

great course for anyone interested in dinos/evolution/birds, the extensive course notes were helpful

By FLORENCIA V C

Dec 19, 2020

Me encantó este curso , me hizo viajar por el tiempo descubriendo cosas increibles. Recomendado!!!

By Mitchell D

Sep 15, 2020

I found the course to be highly informative, and both very well organized and very well presented.

By Manuel J L M

Jun 2, 2017

Excellent course on Evolution of Theropod Dinosaurs and origin of Aves. Greetings from Lima, Perú.

By Paul T

Mar 12, 2016

Excellent addition to Dino101 and marine reptiles (which I am presently completing). Keep them com

By Barbara H

Oct 18, 2021

Great course! Covered so much detail on the evolution of birds. Very interesting and well-done.

By Erin S

May 16, 2018

Fantastic course!

Excellent content and excellent production quality. 5/5 would highly recommend.

By Roberto P

Sep 13, 2020

I really enjoyed the five weeks of this course, it was one of the best courses I"ve ever done!!

By Mw S

Jul 28, 2020

This course helped me understand how birds originated and how these animals took to the skies.

By Matas

Nov 28, 2019

Great course really enjoyed my time watching informative videos and reading the added material

By grace l

Mar 21, 2022

A very professional course for anyone that likes the monstrous or wonderful prehistoric life!

By Arvanitakis F

Dec 18, 2020

Excellent course for the non professional paleontologist like myself.

Learned a lot.

Thank you!

By Mitchell G

Apr 15, 2019

Excellent course for Dinosaur experts yet still offers more to learn of the past and present!

By Nicole R

Jun 8, 2021

wonderful opportunity to do a course i have really enjoyed and respectful tribute to birds

By Ricardo A G D

Aug 20, 2020

Muchas gracias. Es un excelente curso, muy bien explicado y fundamentado. Les deseo éxitos,

By Archie G

Aug 13, 2017

This is an amazing couse and you learn some much about theropods, birds and the volution of

By Vilde Y F

Mar 2, 2021

Loved it! I had a lot of fun, and learned many new things. Recommend to anyone interested.

By María I Y

Sep 7, 2020

WONDERFUL, MARAVILLOSO, MAGNIFIQUE in English, Español et Français. Lo repetiría encantada

By Deon G

Solid information, enjoyable presentation, recommend to anyone interested in paleontology.

By Newton W

Oct 2, 2019

Fantastic course and so informative. I thoroughly recommend this for dinosaur enthusiasts!

By Brian M

Jun 11, 2020

More interactive than other courses on Coursera. Better notes and supplemental resources.