Back to Transformation of the Global Food System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Transformation of the Global Food System by University of Copenhagen

The UN predicts we will be 9-10 billion people on Earth in 2050. Providing so many people with nutritious foods is a massive challenge and one that cannot be met by simply upscaling current practices regarding food production and consumption. Providing humanity with nutritional food is at the center of all decisions related to sustainable development. Agriculture is responsible for 80% of global deforestation. The food systems release 29% of global greenhouse gasses. We use an area equivalent to North and South America combined for the production of meat for consumption or to produce the food necessary to feed the animals we eat. 70% of fresh water use is related to agriculture. These figures are staggering, and they show us, that we need to rethink and transform the way we produce, distribute and consume food worldwide. This course focuses on how food systems can become more sustainable. It consists of four modules where each focuses on an essential ingredient towards developing more sustainable food systems: (1) Boosting the small, (2) Transforming the big, (3) Losing less and (4) Eating smarter. In each of these key areas, we will meet people from different countries around the world, who labor every day to find and spread solutions that work. Connecting the challenges that must be overcome to develop a sustainable global food system with the solutions being developed by the amazing group of people you meet in this course has been a huge source of inspiration for me. I truly believe that the global food system can be transformed to sustainably meet the needs of 9-10 billion people and, with this course, I dare you to join me!...

RW
Oct 29, 2020

This was a fantastic course and along with the other course in the sustainable development goals has only highlighted my interest in continuing this on after my masters research into a PhD. Thank you!

SV
Jul 9, 2021

I can easily send a single powerful message :- switch over to labor intensive, cost effective, eco friendly and long lasting organic agriculture, unrefined diet and foods with no chemicals.

126 - 150 of 176 Reviews for Transformation of the Global Food System

By Shivaan T

Aug 28, 2021

Great teaching; learned a lot!

By Isreal o S

Sep 29, 2020

This's the best course ever👍.

By Aaron L

Sep 13, 2020

Very helpful and informative!

By Sreechandana C S

Sep 20, 2020

Really a very good course

By Inge H

Sep 18, 2020

Great

By GLORIYA V

Aug 26, 2020

Good

By AFNA T A A

Aug 15, 2020

Good

By Sooraj s

Aug 12, 2020

Good

By Mona A A

Jul 1, 2020