Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

76 - 100 of 693 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Blackwood

Mar 16, 2018

This course is helpful for students from non-english speaking country. But, you should know that this course isn't a course for everything about pronunciation. For 'tricky' pronunciation, I'll recommend this course.

By Renan C L

It's Really Amazing Course - I Very Recommend for those who want to improve your English! You Gonna See Deep Details of Pronunciation and the exercise and videos going to help you a lot! The course is really good !

By Sanabil R A

I really appreciate the effort of University of California because it gives platform to many students to spend their quarantine very well and enhance their verbal skills which will help to sharp their confidence.

By Bibiana A C A

Sep 2, 2020

This course is amazing. It helped me to improve my listening abilities and my speaking

It has excellent topics and the videos are recorded in a professional way

Even, you can share with others around the world

By Aninkan G

Apr 28, 2020

The course helped me a lot in improving my english speaking skills and made me learn accurate pronunciations of different words.Thanks a lot Coursera for providing such a wonderful skill oriented course.

By Tatiane B

Jun 18, 2017

I'm still taking the course, but I can not stay without leaving my comment. He is simply wonderful. Congratulations to the team that idealized it.

Sorry for the mistakes but I'm starting to study English.

By Nargiza A

I learned so many tips on pronunciation that I used to mistreat before, especially "w' and "v" sounds :). Now I understand how to sound better. Thank you for this very succinct and to-the-point course!

By FERNANDO S J

Aug 16, 2020

This is an amazing course! Finallly I get it the sounds in english and I just learn some tricks for pronunciation. I'm very happy for can understand more english. I strongly recommennd this course!

By MIMOUN E R

May 6, 2020

Sincerely it was a very interesting and rich course I learned a lot of skill on the pronunciation like linking intonation stress and instress words in the sentence I am satisfied. Thank you a lot

By Jaime C

Dec 8, 2020

I liked this course. It covers the most important of the pronunciation as linking words, vowels, and consonants, etc. I would like to have more practice exercises or some external tools.

By Karyna L

Jul 22, 2020

I'm really impressed with this course, it's a great opportunity for both beginners and intermediate level students. I will definitely recommend this course to my friends! Thank you!

By Ale m

Sep 25, 2020

As a student at a language school, I can say that this course has helped me a lot to improve my English speaking skills. I know that it was a great idea enroled for this course.

By NEHA

Jun 6, 2020

I learned so much in this course. The quality of the course is amazing. The course cleared the air around many concepts I was struggling with. Thank you UCI, Thank you Coursera.

By Junior H D

May 2, 2020

This is something that I needed indeed to improve and enhance my English pronunciation due to not native teachers in my country to help me out with this specific matter, thanks.

By CARLOS E S P

Jan 21, 2020

Excelente curso! Adorei a metodologia e as avaliações. Sem dúvida, ele me ajudou bastante a melhorar minhas habilidades de comunicação na variedade americana da língua inglesa.

By Leonice P d R

Jul 29, 2020

This course is well designed. It includes clear explanations, and it also provides some practice. I learned and improved my pronunciation of American English for sure. Thanks.

By Denis R

Jul 6, 2020

It was a very useful course for me. I learned some tricks and tips on pronunciation and of course, they`re importants for my listening. Thanks a lot to every teachers.!!!!!

By Praveenson

It's a wonderful and so helpful course in order to master the language and fluency. It really helped me so much, thanks to the lecturers and to the Coursera online platform!

By Kelly R

May 9, 2020

Really offers a good summary, but go for their specialization if you want to go deeper into pronunciation. Course is flawless, but peers unfortunately give unfair feedback.

By Rattanakorn​ N

Aug 4, 2020

Very great course! I'd like to say thank you to all teachers. You provided the really helpful media. I love the way you taught and I love my peers' supportive reviews.

By Jesús s P

Nov 18, 2019

Es una excelente plataforma en la que poco a poco estoy desarrollando mi pronunciación y lectura de inglés y no es lo único que ofrece esta app.

Hay muchas más cosas!!!

By Saheefa A

Apr 1, 2020

The instructors were very clear in their objectives.

I enjoyed the course and therfore completed it before the schedule . Thanks Coursera for making learning so easy!

By Jobanpreet k

Jun 4, 2020

It is a great course for beginners . It walk you through all the important intonation , the american sounds and connected speech. For a beginner it is a great start.

By JEERANAN P

Really really love this course.You can spend a bunch of time during the pandemic to brush up the American English Pronuncuation.Hightly reccomendation for everyone.

By Andrea D

Sep 23, 2020

Great course! It helped me to be more aware of intonation and linking. You can download the videos, scrips, and practice pronunciation throughout the whole course.