Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

126 - 150 of 752 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Eufranio D

Aug 29, 2020

It was a very good experience, I learned a lot from this course and, I need to say thanks to the whole staff that worked at the elaboration of this course.

By Leticia C

Aug 22, 2020

This is an amazing course! It helped me to understand the tricky sounds that wan't clear for me. I loved the listening exercises and speaking assignments.

By Daniel H M A

Jul 6, 2020

It's been a very effective overview of the sounds you need to master if you want to interact in English. Your listening and speaking skills will improve.

By Renato P

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent pronunciation course! I would recommend it to anyone looking to perfect their knowledge on AmEng sounds and advance their pronunciation skills.

By Danelis Z T E

Jul 27, 2020

I loved the course, I understood topics that were difficult for me, the explanations are very clear to understand. I totally recommend it! thanks a lot!

By Mag D

Mar 23, 2018

Very useful course! I have learnt many new things. Before I had known that I pronounce some words incorrectly because I was unaware of phonemic symbols.

By Anderson C A d S

Jun 24, 2020

This course has been very proveitos, in a few weeks has got improving my pronunciation furthermore, Brought the opportunity of increase my knowledge.

By Asiyah N

Jul 13, 2020

Thank you for all the teachers to share their knowledge to me. Although i need a lot of practice to strengthen my listening and speaking capability.

By Ruth F

Jul 5, 2020

This is the first online course that I always look forward to opening. This has been the best. Now looking forward to another course in Coursera! :)

By helizabeth l m

Jul 14, 2020

Me ayudo mucho , creo que ahora tengo un poco mas de seguridad al hablar, auqneu se que me falta desarrollar mucho mas mis habilidades. gracias!!

By Derridj A

Jun 3, 2020

very use full course i love it and big thanks for the teachers who make this course more easy to learn i suggest everyone to take this course.

By Sehresh M

May 3, 2020

Very good course. It helped me improve my pronunciation with clear tips. I recommend it for everyone who wants to learn the English language.

By Monika J

May 11, 2021

It was amazing...few facts were unknown to me though I have been teaching for almost 8 years. Very helpful..Thank you Coursera.

Amazing work.

By bileg o

Jul 30, 2021

the b​est pronunciation course I've ever had.

I​t covers from vowel to intonation and has so many great hint to

i​mprove your pronunciation.

By Masood M

Dec 12, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, It is very useful for English language learners who want to improve their pronunciation of American English.

By Julieth T

Jul 8, 2020

It was a really good course, specially when you are a non-native speaker and you don't have some sounds in your language. I really like it!

By Siriwan W

May 8, 2020

Love it. I don’t know what to say since I can’t find the word to describe this course.

Your lessons are amazing. Thank you so much😭👍🏼🥰

By Samridhi A

Jun 4, 2020

really helpful. just one request that the peers should not be able to add any sort of comments on our assignments which are not relevant

By Karthiga S

Apr 30, 2020

This course really helped me in speaking proper consonant and vowel sounds.And the tone ,connection words etc.Really very useful course.

By Charu M

May 7, 2020

Course was very good . I really appreciate I have learnt many things which I didn't know and will try to do other course from coursera

By Solanki A

Dec 10, 2020

Amazing experience. lots of thing , I learned through course. All task are so good which improve our pronunciation skills. Thank you.

By Helni T L

Jun 1, 2020

the course is very good and the material learned is also very easy to understand and helps you to speak English well and correctly :)

By MATURIN P

Apr 26, 2020

I advise this course. You can improve yourself about pronunciation, sound and the way you speak clearly with your confidence. Love it

By Wipada J

Apr 25, 2020

This course gives me an opportunity to practicce more in terms of consonant and vowel sounds, as well as intonation and linking words

By Kunal c

Jun 4, 2020

This is really a very nice course on which you can learn pronouncing the words correctly and more confidently. I loved this session.