Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF

Apr 27, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY

Apr 22, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

51 - 75 of 622 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Umathevy B

Aug 11, 2020

This is a such a wonderful course. This is really helped to increase my pronunciation skills. I'm really glad to learn this course. In the lockdown this is a good way to earn knowledge. I miss you lecturers and my glass mates who giving me their feed pack to correct my skills.

By erick a n

Feb 08, 2020

The course is excellent. It has opened my eyes to pronunciation patterns that at times seemed impossible to achieve and made them achievable. I'll share the course knowledge with my students and recommend they take it themselves, in order to improve their own pronunciation.

By Marcia B T

Feb 05, 2018

Although I did not upgrade to the paid version, the course has helped me identifying and pronouncing different sounds and clusters. In addition, I learned that recording my voice while speaking in English and shadowing conversations are very useful and effective exercises.

By Paula A M A

Sep 24, 2020

A very easy coursse to take. I learned a lot about how to link the words, intonation, stress of words, pronunciation tips, consonants and vowels sounds, connected speech. It was really helpful for me to learn about American English pronunciation! Thank you very much!

Apr 19, 2020

teachers were very helpful.

i am a student and this course helped me to improve my english

i passed.

i got 88.8%

thank you.

my favourite instructor , no offense to other instructors was Tamy Chapman Maam.

I have great respect for her in me.

i am a student of high school.

By M. M R

I love this course! This helped me a lot in how to pronounce American accent and English properly, and assignments made me to practice English and I got to listen to fellow peers and learned too, bonus if English is your second language this will help u a lot!!

By Pablo

Aug 24, 2017

Since the beginning I thought this course could help me improve my pronunciation in English. But it is a resource to all teachers who want to give simple examples to students to speak better, and for anyone who wants to speak and pronounce more naturally.

By ITZEL T Z

Sep 01, 2020

I am very glad that I found this course because it really helped me improve my English pronunciation skills. The explanations the instructors gave in the videos, the documents they added, the activities and the peer reviewed assignments were excellent.

By Nelly S

Apr 16, 2017

This is an amazing course! You learn not only the correct way to pronounce words, but you also become a better listener as you now have a "logic" rather than an intuitive understanding about how to speak that most teachers don't really teach you.

By DEEPAK K

Apr 23, 2020

Thanks for the Instructors.

I tried my best to learn most of this course. I hope I will sound like Native speakers after some days. Because I wrote down every point I should remember. I doing practice regularly on talking apps.

thanks again.

By Juliana N H

Aug 09, 2020

This course was very helpful for me. I had huge difficults on the "th", "ed" and other sounds, and now I feel more confident to pronounce them. The course was also helpful to practice my English pronunciation. I highly recommed this course.

By Shivam Y

Apr 26, 2020

The course is very good and helpful.it has helped me improving american english pronunciation.The course is designed in very good way.one should definitely take this course in order to improve tricky american english pronunciation.

By BHASKAR H

Apr 24, 2020

With reverence this is to congratulate entire team of the course for offering such an amazing content during the lockdown period. Thanks for giving an opportunity to learn. As a learner I expect to get enrolled in more such courses

By Eugene Z

Sep 26, 2017

Великолепный курс. Ничего лишнего. Великолепная подача материала позволяет понять все тонкости произношения, которому, к моему глубокому сожалению, не все изучающие язык уделяют должное внимание. Огромное спасибо преподавателям...

By sourav k

May 09, 2020

Course was very nice teachers really put all their efforts on us for making us learning the pronunciation of correct speaking of English and i relly wnjoyed while taking the course . Thanking all teachers of UCI for supports .

By Dishaben R p

Oct 01, 2020

This course an excellent. It provides learners with the concepts and skill lectures are clear and well organized. There are activities for student to go into the topic and quizzes that helped them to check the main concept

By ZIA U

Apr 24, 2020

It was really nice. I always believe that practice makes a man perfect. So we need a lot of practice based on the training material. This course set in very good way to develop pronunciation skills in listening & Speaking.

By Vladimir N

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for this course. I've audited it. The course was very interesting. I've known many new things for me. it's very understandable course. i'm gonna recommend this course to my friends, who only begins studing english.

By Ekaterina

Nov 05, 2019

It was the most interesting course for me here. It's easy and straightforward. There are a lot of important details, nice tests, and my favorite shadowing. I loved it. I would gladly do the advanced course in the future.

By Roberto J S C

Jul 27, 2020

I really liked the course because it has a lot of videos that helped me in the process of learning and i really liked that we can rate the work of our fellow students and viceversa.

thank you a lot for the oportunity!!

By Riham S H

Aug 22, 2020

it is awesome and the trainers are perfect . Indeed , iam so proud and iam so happy with the course .These tips improved my accent so much since i had some difficulty in adjusting my pronunciation

By Blackwood

Mar 16, 2018

This course is helpful for students from non-english speaking country. But, you should know that this course isn't a course for everything about pronunciation. For 'tricky' pronunciation, I'll recommend this course.

By Renan C L

It's Really Amazing Course - I Very Recommend for those who want to improve your English! You Gonna See Deep Details of Pronunciation and the exercise and videos going to help you a lot! The course is really good !

By Sanabil R A

I really appreciate the effort of University of California because it gives platform to many students to spend their quarantine very well and enhance their verbal skills which will help to sharp their confidence.

By Bibiana A C A

Sep 03, 2020

This course is amazing. It helped me to improve my listening abilities and my speaking

It has excellent topics and the videos are recorded in a professional way

Even, you can share with others around the world