Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

126 - 150 of 662 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Charu M

May 7, 2020

Course was very good . I really appreciate I have learnt many things which I didn't know and will try to do other course from coursera

By Helni T L

Jun 1, 2020

the course is very good and the material learned is also very easy to understand and helps you to speak English well and correctly :)

By MATURIN P

Apr 26, 2020

I advise this course. You can improve yourself about pronunciation, sound and the way you speak clearly with your confidence. Love it

By Wipada J

Apr 25, 2020

This course gives me an opportunity to practicce more in terms of consonant and vowel sounds, as well as intonation and linking words

By Kunal c

Jun 4, 2020

This is really a very nice course on which you can learn pronouncing the words correctly and more confidently. I loved this session.

By Arthur T

Oct 24, 2019

I corrected my pronunciation, began to speak more confidently and clearly. Great course. I am very grateful for such an opportunity.

By Gemi S

May 22, 2020

The course has given me new insights into how American pronunciation is defined. Clear instruction and explanation! Thank you UCI!

By Soraya y

Apr 24, 2020

It is an absolutely interesting course . I love how they explained each part in a very clear way. Tutors are amazing and helpful.

By shizhen ( J

Apr 8, 2020

Helps me figure out some tricky pronunciation issues, such as intonation, consonants. I learned a lot from this course! Thank you!

By Marianne L

Jun 4, 2020

The course indeed helped my listening and speaking skills. This course exposed me to the different tricky English pronunciations.

By Erika Y S S

A really excellent course where I could learn in an interactive an easy way. The tutors were really professional and aim to help.

By Luis E R S

Nov 14, 2019

This course is excellent! It helps a lot and gives very good advice to sound more fluid. Thanks for everything! Keep in that way!

By Gabriela C N

Sep 30, 2020

I learned a lot about how to pronounce correctly some difficult word for us non-native speakers. I highly recomend this course.

By 力 張

Mar 3, 2018

This course is nice. I practice my English pronounciation very well. By the way, it can help me understand spoken English easily

By Inga S

Jun 14, 2020

This course is great! It's very useful and contains all the necessary and important information on pronunciation! Thanks a lot!

By Cristopher T

Jun 7, 2020

Good course, the professors were very clear. The pensum was ideal for non native English speakers to improve our pronunciation.

By Rewadee N

It's a very terrific online course. It made me develop myself a lot. Thank you to all the teachers who taught me this skill.😊

By Mohammad N S K

May 22, 2020

This course is very good. If you really practice regularly with the following instruction, You can improve your pronunciation.

By Javeria R

May 9, 2020

It's a fantastic course. I am an ESL tutor from Pakistan and it really helped me in understanding the American Pronunciation.

By Yingke Y

Sep 4, 2017

Excellent course. I found so many subtle mistakes when speaking English, which I hardly recognized before taking this course.

By HERMOGENES B A

Jul 22, 2020

THIS IS VERY GOOD FOR THOSE WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR PRONUNCIATION. IT IS LIKE A REFRESHER AND THE INSTRUCTORS ARE OUTSTANDING.

By Rubymer M

Oct 2, 2019

This course really is a useful tool for learning to say (for those who are beginners) English words. I highly recommend it.

By Mark A R R

Sep 10, 2020

I really enjoyed this course so much. So many things to learn while having fun at the same time. Really effective as well.

By Montserrat G L V

Jun 20, 2020

The course is excelent, is a big challenge. excelentteachers too. Thanks for give me the opportunity to learn this couse,

By shwe y

Apr 29, 2020

Very informative lecture for me. I'm glad to see with all the instructors and collaegues.

Thank you for your instructions.