Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

76 - 100 of 744 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Juliana N H

Aug 8, 2020

This course was very helpful for me. I had huge difficults on the "th", "ed" and other sounds, and now I feel more confident to pronounce them. The course was also helpful to practice my English pronunciation. I highly recommed this course.

By Shivam Y

Apr 26, 2020

The course is very good and helpful.it has helped me improving american english pronunciation.The course is designed in very good way.one should definitely take this course in order to improve tricky american english pronunciation.

By Bhaskar H

Apr 24, 2020

With reverence this is to congratulate entire team of the course for offering such an amazing content during the lockdown period. Thanks for giving an opportunity to learn. As a learner I expect to get enrolled in more such courses

By John W

Sep 26, 2017

Великолепный курс. Ничего лишнего. Великолепная подача материала позволяет понять все тонкости произношения, которому, к моему глубокому сожалению, не все изучающие язык уделяют должное внимание. Огромное спасибо преподавателям...

By Thế H N

Nov 2, 2020

This course is good for anyone who wants to improve their pronunciation and speaking skill, the techniques are presented clearly, and easy to follow! I have a great time studying this courses! thanks Coursera and UCI very much!

By sourav k

May 9, 2020

Course was very nice teachers really put all their efforts on us for making us learning the pronunciation of correct speaking of English and i relly wnjoyed while taking the course . Thanking all teachers of UCI for supports .

By Dishaben R p

Sep 30, 2020

This course an excellent. It provides learners with the concepts and skill lectures are clear and well organized. There are activities for student to go into the topic and quizzes that helped them to check the main concept

By ZIA U

Apr 24, 2020

It was really nice. I always believe that practice makes a man perfect. So we need a lot of practice based on the training material. This course set in very good way to develop pronunciation skills in listening & Speaking.

By Vladimir N

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks for this course. I've audited it. The course was very interesting. I've known many new things for me. it's very understandable course. i'm gonna recommend this course to my friends, who only begins studing english.

By Ekaterina

Nov 5, 2019

It was the most interesting course for me here. It's easy and straightforward. There are a lot of important details, nice tests, and my favorite shadowing. I loved it. I would gladly do the advanced course in the future.

By Mery M P M

Oct 6, 2021

f​ue un excelente curso, meayudo a mejorar mi pronunciacion y fui capaz de reconocer diferentes phonemas, realmente me gusto y espero continuar aprendiendo a traves de esta plataforma. Muchas gracias por la oportunidad.

By Roberto J S C

Jul 27, 2020

I really liked the course because it has a lot of videos that helped me in the process of learning and i really liked that we can rate the work of our fellow students and viceversa.

thank you a lot for the oportunity!!

By Riham H

Aug 22, 2020

it is awesome and the trainers are perfect . Indeed , iam so proud and iam so happy with the course .These tips improved my accent so much since i had some difficulty in adjusting my pronunciation

By Blackwood

Mar 16, 2018

This course is helpful for students from non-english speaking country. But, you should know that this course isn't a course for everything about pronunciation. For 'tricky' pronunciation, I'll recommend this course.

By Renan C L

It's Really Amazing Course - I Very Recommend for those who want to improve your English! You Gonna See Deep Details of Pronunciation and the exercise and videos going to help you a lot! The course is really good !

By Sanabil R A

I really appreciate the effort of University of California because it gives platform to many students to spend their quarantine very well and enhance their verbal skills which will help to sharp their confidence.

By Bibiana A C A

Sep 2, 2020

This course is amazing. It helped me to improve my listening abilities and my speaking

It has excellent topics and the videos are recorded in a professional way

Even, you can share with others around the world

By Aninkan G

Apr 28, 2020

The course helped me a lot in improving my english speaking skills and made me learn accurate pronunciations of different words.Thanks a lot Coursera for providing such a wonderful skill oriented course.

By Tatiane B

Jun 18, 2017

I'm still taking the course, but I can not stay without leaving my comment. He is simply wonderful. Congratulations to the team that idealized it.

Sorry for the mistakes but I'm starting to study English.

By Nargiza A

I learned so many tips on pronunciation that I used to mistreat before, especially "w' and "v" sounds :). Now I understand how to sound better. Thank you for this very succinct and to-the-point course!

By FERNANDO S J

Aug 16, 2020

This is an amazing course! Finallly I get it the sounds in english and I just learn some tricks for pronunciation. I'm very happy for can understand more english. I strongly recommennd this course!

By MIMOUN E R

May 6, 2020

Sincerely it was a very interesting and rich course I learned a lot of skill on the pronunciation like linking intonation stress and instress words in the sentence I am satisfied. Thank you a lot

By Jaime C

Dec 8, 2020

I liked this course. It covers the most important of the pronunciation as linking words, vowels, and consonants, etc. I would like to have more practice exercises or some external tools.

By Karyna

Jul 22, 2020

I'm really impressed with this course, it's a great opportunity for both beginners and intermediate level students. I will definitely recommend this course to my friends! Thank you!

By Ale m

Sep 25, 2020

As a student at a language school, I can say that this course has helped me a lot to improve my English speaking skills. I know that it was a great idea enroled for this course.