Back to Introduction to UI Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to UI Design by University of Minnesota

In this course, you will gain an understanding of the critical importance of user interface design. You will also learn industry-standard methods for how to approach the design of a user interface and key theories and frameworks that underlie the design of most interfaces you use today. Through a series of case studies on commercial systems - many of which you likely use on a regular basis - we will illustrate the benefits of good design. We will also demonstrate how the costs of bad design can often be severe (in user experience, money, and even human lives). You will then gain a high-level understanding of the user-interface design process. You will be introduced to common design scenarios - e.g. improving on existing designs and starting a new design from scratch - and the general design processes that tend to be used for each scenario. Finally, we will begin introducing the large body of existing knowledge on design by providing overviews of core user interface design theories and concepts. This key foundational information will help you avoid “reinventing the wheel” when you are designing your interfaces in this specialization....

CA
Jan 20, 2019

Has given valuable insights and new points of view. It extended my horizon, even though I am new on the field and have designed several user interfaces not according to the course principles so far.

MM
Nov 11, 2017

this course is just not about the theory it actually helps you to understand things on practical basis.The test and assignments helps you to apply the disciplines and makes you basic clear.

201 - 225 of 247 Reviews for Introduction to UI Design

By Himanshu a

Nov 21, 2016

Content is really good and I learned concepts really well because its well structure. Videos can become better. I recommend this course to every UI enthusiast.

By Ted R

Aug 4, 2020

An excellent course with interesting information presented coherently. I'd love to take the course in person, but this was a great option.

By Hoda

May 3, 2017

As a graphic and motion designer it gave insights on many concepts, terminolgies, and consideration I haven't known before.

By Stephanie T

Sep 9, 2018

It was an excellent course with a lot of great content, simple to understand for a newbie like me :).

By Darus H

Jul 20, 2020

The course is good, but sometimes it spent too long time at one videos. But overall it's very good!

By Anton G

Oct 30, 2019

Excellent course, but some of design-examples are old a little bit. Teachers are perfect! :)

By Thaymisan C

Jun 13, 2018

It's a complete course to introduce us to the UI world. Our mentors were amazing as well :)

By Aditya K

Jan 29, 2021

This course help me to understand how real life experiences applied in user interface .

By Dmytro C

Apr 9, 2021

It is good enough. But I have expected that it will be more informative and practical.

By JAVIER D S

Mar 22, 2017

Thanks for all, is a great course, thanks Coursera and thanks for each opportunity.

By tarek h m z

Apr 9, 2021

its very good to find translation and site is very good good cover from instructors

By Maddy18

Aug 28, 2017

The concepts are explained nicely, the structure of the course is designed well.

By Aditya P

Dec 13, 2019

course was good but feel like there was less technical stuff than i expected

By Arpit R

Sep 26, 2018

This is very interesting course for UI design.This gives proper knowledge

By 林怡璇

Jan 24, 2019

jkkllll

By Suyash P

Dec 24, 2020

Good

By Muhammad B

Dec 11, 2020

good

By 謝佳璇

Nov 28, 2019

good

By innovation A T

Jul 31, 2018

Qe

By Alex D

Apr 12, 2021

Regarding content presentation, it was sometimes rather difficult to understand Chinese pronunciation. If it weren't for the transcript, I would have had to drop the class! I will not continue & will switch to another cert. program, as I'm afraid to miss info. based on poor pronunciation. & in terms of content, except for the week 3 final lecture, which are too compressed & convoluted, the course content were great. It was nice to not have a group project, as in my experience MOOC participants in multiple time zones have a rather hard time aligning schedules. Thank you all & best regards

By Thomas I

Jan 20, 2021

The contents of this course are no longer up to date. Various examples are already 8 years old and should definitely be updated. For this reason, I would not necessarily recommend this course to other people. For people without English as their first language, the quiz questions are sometimes quite difficult or quibbling. Certain lecturers who are not native English speakers are not always easy to understand.

By Julie M

Mar 9, 2017

This course was a good introduction to the overall concepts. I am already working in the field so it was elementary to me, but I feel it has laid a good foundation for the specialization. I do not, however, feel it would hold much value as a stand alone course.

I am not sure how you would achieve it given the asynchronous nature of the medium, but I would love more opportunities for feedback and discussion.