Back to Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments by Duke University

In this course, you will learn what an argument is. The definition of argument will enable you to identify when speakers are giving arguments and when they are not. Next, you will learn how to break an argument into its essential parts, how to put them in order to reveal their connections, and how to fill in gaps in an argument by adding suppressed premises. By the end of this course, you will be better able to understand and appreciate arguments that you and other people present. Suggested Readings: Students who want more detailed explanations or additional exercises or who want to explore these topics in more depth should consult Understanding Arguments: An Introduction to Informal Logic, Ninth Edition, Concise, Chapters 1-5, by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong and Robert Fogelin. Course Format: Each week will be divided into multiple video segments that can be viewed separately or in groups. There will be short ungraded quizzes after each segment (to check comprehension) and a longer graded quiz at the end of the course....

FY

Jul 06, 2018

I found this course very challenging as I find critical thinking very difficult. However this course was extremely rewarding and I will be taking the other three modules in the Think Again series.

SM

Jun 11, 2020

251 - 275 of 605 Reviews for Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments

By Roberto O P

Jan 03, 2018

Excellent. This course will help everyone to understand different situations in life.

By Edelweis H G R

Nov 02, 2016

Nice and valuable course because you learn effectively the theory about how to argue.

By 刘颂康

Aug 27, 2017

Well, this course is a good start for everyone who wants to study critical thinking!

By Gail R

Aug 07, 2020

Great class to develop critical thinking skills in addition to being informative.

By Sudip p

Apr 25, 2020

this courses challenges your thinking capability into numerous ways. worth taking

By David B

Dec 05, 2019

Awesome! I do really appreciate the time passed here. I learned a lot. Thank you!

By Julia Y

Apr 10, 2018

Well done, a little hard to follow at some points but overall a very good course.

By Dayo-Olaide T

This is an amazing course. I feel that everyone should take part in this course.

By Ha P V

Oct 04, 2020

This course is really understandable and exciting to learn. Good work

Keep it up

By Pham D D N

May 01, 2017

this course is comprehensible, interesting and so useful for me comprehensible

By Ana K

Sep 14, 2020

The course has an easy way to learn and to comprenhense what an argument is.

By Daphne L S

Oct 15, 2017

I liked it a lot, very well explained, I will enroll to the following course

By Muhamad R S

May 03, 2020

This course is incredibly has a good method of learning, I enjoy it so much

By Meherazul A

Jul 06, 2020

Loved Professor Sinnott-Armstrong's lectures! They were extremely helpful.

By Angelika

Jul 14, 2017

What a fun course! The content is presented in a clear, accessible manner.

By Farzand A A

Feb 14, 2018

I got very much knowledge in this course and thanks God I have pass this.

By James L M J

May 06, 2017

It's a really well designed and organized course to understand reasoning.

By Samyukta B

Apr 26, 2017

it helped me understand argument and analyse it for better understanding

By Shimaa A M H

Jul 23, 2020

It change my life and I am sure that it will affect my academic future.

By ANA L

Jun 17, 2019

Maravilhoso, consegui desenvolver-me melhor na interpretação de textos!

By Lawrence W M

Nov 07, 2017

The delivery of the course by its facilitators is exceptionally done!!!

By John F v A J

May 29, 2017

A very good course. It introduced me to a new way to understand words.

By Kunal B

Jun 24, 2017

Excellent course!!!! It's like a starter pack for my career in law :)

By John R B

VERY INFORMATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOWEVER, IT'S KINDA LONG.