Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC
Jul 16, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

RC
Oct 5, 2020

Thank you! Coursera for providing me the platform for boosting my knowledge in Financial Markets, as i have learned various financial parts in this subject and this will help me in my carrier too.

951 - 975 of 1,051 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Prokopis G

Jun 13, 2020

Interesting course for someone who wants to understand the fundamentals of the financial markets

By Varun R

Oct 17, 2020

amazing course, i recommend this to everyone who is clueless about financial market investments

By Idemudia O S

Jun 3, 2017

Great Course. I grabbed most of the concepts even though i am not from a financial background.

By Moonsun Y

May 9, 2020

The contents of lecture was great. But it would be great if we can download lecture notes.

By Sumeet K

it was an amazing journey. it helped in refreshing my financial markets concepts in depth.

By Javier T

Apr 24, 2020

Very interesting course, very good concepts to think about and great teachers. Thank you

By Asif B S

Apr 21, 2016

It was a good one for basic learners but there were less explanation on several topics

By Alonso M

Jul 1, 2017

Really nice course, perfect to start an understanding on how financial markets work.

May 30, 2016

Well explained, simple brief lectures to understand and yet to detail.

Rasul Shaban

By Piyush s

Aug 9, 2020

Very helpful course to understand various drivers that affect financial markets

By mehrdad h

Sep 4, 2017

It could have been better if formulas were explained a little bit more in dept.

By Poloko M

Apr 14, 2016

I enjoyed the course very much wish here was more interaction with staff though

By Tùng D

Feb 17, 2019

Its really helpful for me to gain knowledge about economy and financial market

By Gianluca D F

Jul 2, 2021

Really interesting course taught by knowledgeable and passionate people!

By LINGALA N S R 1

Nov 6, 2020

good but can go into more details and can explain more abt the concept

By paulogalindo5000@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2018

I learned different and interesting topics, but for me was difficult.

By Benjamin D A

Aug 28, 2016

Very good indeed from a beginner's perspective. I would recommend it.

By Felipe L V

Mar 11, 2018

Great course with great teachers. Really good one for a newbie as me

By Christian R

Oct 7, 2018

very theoretical course but with foresee practical implications.

By Daniel G

Nov 7, 2017

Very good an brief summary of the markets and easily explained

By Vidmantas

Jan 6, 2017

It's is cool, but some (up to date examples) would be great.

By RICARDO L R

Jul 23, 2020

Very good course!!, despite is way advanced than i expected

By Rahul D

Aug 2, 2017

This is good course for beginners in financial market.....

By Petros T

Sep 18, 2017

Great introduction to complex issues. Professor is great!

By Samson P

Apr 10, 2016

Easy understanding the basic concept of Financial Market.