Back to Understanding and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In this course, learners will be introduced to the field of statistics, including where data come from, study design, data management, and exploring and visualizing data. Learners will identify different types of data, and learn how to visualize, analyze, and interpret summaries for both univariate and multivariate data. Learners will also be introduced to the differences between probability and non-probability sampling from larger populations, the idea of how sample estimates vary, and how inferences can be made about larger populations based on probability sampling. At the end of each week, learners will apply the statistical concepts they’ve learned using Python within the course environment. During these lab-based sessions, learners will discover the different uses of Python as a tool, including the Numpy, Pandas, Statsmodels, Matplotlib, and Seaborn libraries. Tutorial videos are provided to walk learners through the creation of visualizations and data management, all within Python. This course utilizes the Jupyter Notebook environment within Coursera....

AT

Excellent course materials, especially the videos, with content that is thoughtfully composed and carefully edited. Very good python training, great instructors, and overall great learning experience.

VV
Aug 2, 2020

Great course to learn the basics! The supplementary material in Jupyter notebooks is extremely valuable. Really appreciate the PhD students who took the time to explain even the simplest of codes :)

51 - 75 of 377 Reviews for Understanding and Visualizing Data with Python

By Christine B

Jul 19, 2019

I feel 100% more confident in my job now. We just started using Python for analysis and I am probably now ahead of many of my coworkers in a super short amount of time. The class got me over the hump in the learning curve so I can progress much faster than trying to learn on my own.

By HUNG H L

Jun 16, 2019

Sometimes, the lines in Jupyter notebooks are kinda hard to understand. Yet, there are a lot of materials out there online for us to explore; for this, I also learn how to solve programming problems by myself. In general, I like the courses and the instructors a lot.

By Colin F

Dec 14, 2020

Great refresher course for those who have taken courses in statistics previously, or a really good introduction for anyone new to the subject. Also a great introduction to using Python for statistical analysis. Everything is clearly laid out and easy to follow.

By James B

Great course. The materials are thoughtfully put together and paced well, and I achieved my learning objectives: a second pass through undergraduate level basic statistics and a basic idea of how to use python to do math an evaluate statistical and other data.

By Toby C

Nov 25, 2020

An excellent combination of lectures and labs. The material is extremely well taught. The mixture of lecturer styles helps to maintain interest. There is good additional content available for the deep dive topics. I found the content fresh and relevant.

By AQUINO, A M (

Oct 29, 2020

This course is such a great course for beginners in Python like me. It has very helpful reading materials to aid you and great tutorials for Python using Jupyter Notebook. This made me excited to explore Python for statistical analysis in my research works.

By Sanjoy S

Apr 26, 2020

This course provided a valuable introduction to data handling and visualizing with python. I very much valued the mix of videos, readings, and Jupiter notebook work, as well as all the pointers to additional resources for deeper dives. And the cartwheels!

By Richard R

Apr 15, 2019

A well paced stats refresher which covered the core material well and skillfully introduced current research. The fourth week was a solid introduction to sampling methodologies and inference. Looking forward to the next course in the sequence.

By Eric M M

Jan 7, 2020

I particularly liked the light introduction of new concepts like methods behind confidence intervals and hypothesis tests. These were then well emphasized via numerous Jupyter Notebooks of varying levels of difficulty. Highly recommendable.

By John P

Apr 5, 2020

Great explanation of statistics! Pretty much exactly what I was looking for, does a great job of explaining sampling theory, and the emphasis is placed more heavily on understanding the nature/theory of statistics than the Python aspect.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Jeffrey B

Apr 11, 2020

Terrific balance of information and incorporation of Python. I have programmed 40 years BUT am not in any way a programmer... this is my first ever use of Python. It was the perfect level... tough but I could hang enough to get it.

By Kalvin K

Mar 30, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course. All the teachers did a great job in explaining the information in clear and understandable ways. The layout of the course was also organized which made the whole process easy. I would recommend.

By Alexander P

Dec 24, 2019

That is an amazing course for someone, who has at least a little bit of experience with Python under the belt! Definitely recommend it to anyone, who would like to refresh statistical knowledge, learn how to apply it in real life.

By Ashly B

This is a great course to start with if you are a beginner to statistics and if you know a little bit of Python. The course material is very good, concepts have been explained very well and the assignments are interesting.

By Purushottam P

Apr 26, 2019

Thanks for everyone involved in preparing the course content. Gained a lot of insights from this course. Really opened my eyes on the basics of statistics. Will definitely complete all the courses of this specialization!

By Jayanth

Aug 10, 2020

Very informative course for beginners and this course motivates the learner to dive into statistics & python code ! jupyter notebooks are very useful which are provided in this course

By DILEEP Y

Jan 6, 2020

I felt pretty good by taking this course. It delves into details of statistics with good hands on python programming. Acts as good foundation course and Will be helpful further gaining knowledge on in depth courses.

By Boinpally H

A great course. They example the necessary concepts with the right depth and understanding. Also, love the assignment in python, aids in using them as a template while doing a similar analysis on another dataset.

By Teresita D

Jul 4, 2020

This is an excellent initial course for using python in statistical data processing and analysis of big sets of data, I appreciate the most the lectures on probability and non-probability sampling. Big Thanks.

By MUHAMMAD S

Feb 7, 2021

This course is comprehensively designed and outlined. it's good for the beginner of python and those who want to learn basic statistics. This course explains the concept of statistics with visualization.

By Ráfagan S

Mar 28, 2021

The classes were well written and developed, teh only thing i felt lacked was some more difficult in the assigments. But i think on the next course in this specialization the difficult will inprove.

By simone z

Jan 17, 2021

Very nice course. You will recap and/or learn a lot of things that are usally not said. Following suggested readings you will find nice material even if some it is not free (please suggest others!).

By Julya

Jan 6, 2021

The course appearance may not as interesting as other courses, but if I have to name a course where my ability increases the most through the learning, I would choose this course. Thank you!

By Siva R K N R

Oct 6, 2020

Very clearly explained each and every topic. Though understanding all the concepts at first is not possible if you got through the videos twice or thrice than you definitely get the concepts