Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

SB
Sep 2, 2020

Dear Instructors and course co-ordinators,\n\nI really enjoyed this course. You explained all concepts very clear and in a simple manner. I wish to attend more courses from you. Keep going. Love you.

IH
Oct 10, 2020

Very well laid out and explained. The short videos are clear and on topic, and the quizzes at the end of each module are well reflective of the content. I feel like I learned a lot!

251 - 255 of 255 Reviews for University Teaching

By Olayinka K B

Aug 4, 2018

T

By Aye A K

Nov 15, 2020

I would like to thank Dr. Lily Min Zeng and instructors for teaching and learning from Hong Kong university and I will teach students using the teaching method that obtained from this training. This training is very knowledgeable for me to teach .

By Kjetil E

Apr 9, 2021

Too much referencing to articles, and text in the videos. I mean, either make a good video or give us reading material. Don't make us read while watching a video. Also, you say in week 1 (or 2) that the readings are essential but optional(?). That doesn't make sense.

When I am stopping now, it is because I realize I'm not really paying attention (even though I don't avoid multitasking) and just want to finish - skipping readings are tempting. I hope to find a different course at your university that works better with how I learn.

By MR. V S

Jun 25, 2020

IF ITS FREE COURSE THEN WHEN YOU CAN SO THE CERTIFICATE ONLY.

By ARW A