Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

SA

May 25, 2019

Thanks Coursera forum to give me the good opportunity to learn something new. Thanks our honorable instructors for giving me useful information about the teaching... Thanks

JS

Oct 13, 2019

Really good with real world examples supported by research. I was very pleased with the course and would recommend it to anyone starting teaching at a university.

51 - 75 of 114 Reviews for University Teaching

By Kilintari M

Oct 24, 2019

Very well structured and presented; reading material provided extremely useful. Thank you.

By WangQian

Dec 25, 2017

clear format, important concept, clear and understandable flipped learning materials.

By Ho Y T

May 13, 2020

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I HAVE GAINED A LOT KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN THIS COURSE.

By Karen I i

Jun 23, 2018

The course is a compilation of what we need to know to teach a university course.

By Vihang P

Very Informative and skill enhancing course for every teacher at an University.

By Loo C W

Sep 25, 2018

I have learned a lot especially the issues, challenges and teaching innovation

By Vincent L

Feb 19, 2018

It was very interesting and helps with developing the ability to teach others.

By Jaime L T C

Jul 09, 2020

A direct but very tough course, It has cost me a lot of energy to accomplish.

By Md. M U

Jun 09, 2020

Excellent course. Instructors were very good. I have learnt so many things.

By Hari K

May 14, 2020

Its really workable and effectiveness and I recommend to all my peers

By MUHAMMAD M M

Apr 19, 2020

Very interesting course and contents are also very rich. Thank you

By MR.S. J R

Apr 20, 2020

Excellent course instructors and contents provided in the course

By Ziaullah

Mar 13, 2020

A great learning platform, thanks coursera and the instructor.

By Sweta M

Oct 09, 2018

the quizes were very intriguing and well designed

By Karen I

Aug 18, 2018

I am finding this course to be most interesting.

By Sohan L B

Jun 05, 2020

Really Going to help me in my University!

By Taimoor M G

Feb 04, 2020

Indeed a great source for educationists

By Kaliyeva E

May 13, 2018

very interesting and informative course

By Chiara U

Dec 08, 2019

Excellent and professional! A must do.

By NG K C

Sep 15, 2018

An interesting and informative course.

By Carlos C P

Apr 28, 2020

Great course. Thanks for offering it.

By Kholekile R D

Jan 28, 2020

My feedback can be shared by coursera

By Harshada R

May 15, 2020

Good course with examples and quiz.

By Ramil A D

Jun 05, 2019

I love the course. I learned a lot.