Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

SB
Sep 2, 2020

Dear Instructors and course co-ordinators,\n\nI really enjoyed this course. You explained all concepts very clear and in a simple manner. I wish to attend more courses from you. Keep going. Love you.

IH
Oct 10, 2020

Very well laid out and explained. The short videos are clear and on topic, and the quizzes at the end of each module are well reflective of the content. I feel like I learned a lot!

101 - 125 of 253 Reviews for University Teaching

By CHIN W L

Sep 25, 2018

I have learned a lot especially the issues, challenges and teaching innovation

By Vincent L

Feb 19, 2018

It was very interesting and helps with developing the ability to teach others.

By Jaime L T C

Jul 9, 2020

A direct but very tough course, It has cost me a lot of energy to accomplish.

By DR. R A S

Sep 22, 2020

Its really helpful to teachers for the betterment of teaching methodologies

By Md. M U

Jun 9, 2020

Excellent course. Instructors were very good. I have learnt so many things.

By praneel a

Aug 25, 2020

Very much helpful in building the Lesson plan for the University Teaching

By ROBERT J G M

Dec 1, 2020

In depth explanation of topics and truly simple yet comprehensive course

By Hari K

May 14, 2020

Its really workable and effectiveness and I recommend to all my peers

By MUHAMMAD M M

Apr 19, 2020

Very interesting course and contents are also very rich. Thank you

By Sri V K

Aug 10, 2020

My Heart full thanks to The University of Hongkong and Coursera .

By Dr. C S

Aug 12, 2020

Good course for understanding the methodology of online teaching

By MR.S. J R

Apr 20, 2020

Excellent course instructors and contents provided in the course

By Ziaullah

Mar 13, 2020

A great learning platform, thanks coursera and the instructor.

By JOANNA M D B

Nov 21, 2020

The topics are really relevant and comprehensively discussed.

By Dr S B

Jul 25, 2020

Exceptionally thorough, engaging, stimulating and practical!

By sujnanraju k

Apr 7, 2021

very helpful survey type videos...will definitely recommend

By Myat T O

Nov 17, 2020

This course is really helpful for my teaching and learning.

By Eumar A F

Oct 13, 2020

Very helpful. I will definitely recommend it to my friends

By Prathi V K

Aug 16, 2020

It gives good technical knowledge to take online classes.

By B s a A

Aug 14, 2020

useful for feature learning and interaction with students

By SANJAY K

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent course designed by the University of Hong Kong

By Saratchandra B M

Aug 28, 2020

very good course and it is useful for higher education

By Sweta M

Oct 9, 2018

the quizes were very intriguing and well designed

By Iván A G G

Jul 25, 2020

Thank you very much and greetings from Colombia.

By Karen I

Aug 18, 2018

I am finding this course to be most interesting.