Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

76 - 100 of 676 Reviews for Usable Security

By IncarnadineQueen

Jun 23, 2020

Great teacher who is easy to understand and creative. This course helped my out-of-the-box thinking skills and solidified information I knew into information I can communicate on.

By Carlos J B A

Dec 31, 2018

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Timo S

Aug 1, 2017

It was great course; It covers many topics that my universtity avoid in lectures and the usability is topic about of everyone talks about, but a very few actually care about it.

By Maurice E

Jun 5, 2019

The course was very straightforward and very enjoyable to follow. I learned a lot about the integration of design and security disciplines. Definitely worth taking this class!

By richard v

Jul 13, 2017

It clarifies a lot around practical usable security and although I though I had a good handle on it, it gave me definitely some eye openers. Definitely worthwhile and actual.

By Barly B

Dec 15, 2020

I have completed the course and finds it an eye-opener course with everyday practicality. It's worth taking it, especially now that we enter the era of super connectivitiy.

By Boussiron

Nov 5, 2020

Really interesting class, taking you to the basics without needing any level and going deep enough for you to understand the topic and be willing to dig even more into it.

By Tautvydas Š

Sep 6, 2020

I'm satisfied with point of view to cybersecurity. Mental models and "User first" point of view makes take a look to my decisions from other perspective than before.

By NAGARAJU P

Sep 4, 2020

I am very much happy with this course and really it's very useful for the CS people as an introduction course.

Thanks a lot for coursera and University of Maryland

By Nicholas R

Apr 14, 2018

A really great course. The lecturer is very engaging. The topic itself is really interesting. If you have any interest in cyber security you should do this course!

By Harsh S

Mar 23, 2020

An insightful course providing detailed information about HCI, usability and privacy with respect to security and all other essential factors of usable security.

By Michael N M

Nov 11, 2016

thanks for the lectures. the best so far

very informative. never knew system designers have to go through a lot to make it usable. wow now am a system designer :)

By Rudrakh P

Oct 6, 2018

Excellent course providing a new perspective to cyber security. Learnt a lot. Enjoyed it as well. The evaluatives were ambiguous sometimes, but it was worth it.

By Erik I

Jul 3, 2016

Good introduction to the general security of UX design and experience. Remember this is just the start. Not too technical or difficult, quite easy to be honest.

By Alejandro D L

Apr 21, 2016

Awesome. I am genuinely exited that I actually took and finished this course. Great content, actionable and at some moments, eye opener.

I totally recommend it.

By Gabriel C

Mar 26, 2021

It was a good experience have done this course, even though it seems a little "old" due to the year it was released, still a great course and helped me a lot.

By Olivier G

May 12, 2020

Quite interesting and easily to follow for someone without IT technical background. Also the course is worth doing even just for personal use of the internet.

By Aishwarya M A

Sep 25, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and gained a lot of knowledge which is really interesting to know. Eager to complete other courses in this specialization too

By Keshav K

Apr 24, 2018

Best Course if you want to start your career in cyber security from scratch, The course goes from beginning to advance with best content and exercises.

By Srinivasan R

Jan 19, 2018

It is not easy to clear this course as one may think. The content is vast and really good that reading it again, not just for clearing the test, is re

By Tajudeen A G

Jan 7, 2021

The course is well organised and contain the necessary details as far as Usable Security is concerned. Adequate examples and scenarios are also given.

By Dasarapalli R R

Jan 9, 2020

Very well explained by the professor about the design aspect of how authentication system should be. Has been an invaluable theoretical study for me.

By Leonardo M

Feb 25, 2021

Excellent, very good to know and understand the impact of usability on security! Thanks Jennifer Golbeck for one of the greatest classes I ever had!

By Randy D

Aprendi mucho, en realidad enseña muchisimo sobre cosas que no le damos importancia como la informacion que compartimos y le damos a las compañias.

By Velliyangiri K

Sep 27, 2019

The course contents are very well designed and explained also understandable for beginners.

This is my 1st session from Coursera system.. Very Nice