Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

176 - 200 of 698 Reviews for Usable Security

By Mohanad T H M

Apr 18, 2018

I have learned so much things in this course that most of people don't take in consideration.

By S H

Jan 18, 2017

Very interesting course that will help you in designing systems that people will want to use!

By Donald C

Nov 23, 2016

Helps reform UNIX and C lovers, let's not be the BOFH and make usable systems for our users!

By Priyanka H

Oct 20, 2016

Great course! Very intriguing insights regarding security. So many of my 'myths' got busted.

By Amewuda R

Oct 27, 2020

I learned to secure my self and my business through this course. Thanks to the instructors.

By Sjir B

Feb 15, 2018

I enjoyed this course much, the teacher was great at explaining the topic and in a fun way.

By Abraam E B N

Dec 12, 2017

Great course which gave me a lot of insights about usability of systems and its importance.

By JAIRO A L O

Oct 22, 2020

Excellent course, very instructive and goes straight to the root of the problem in design.

By Mohd N B B

Sep 18, 2019

I learnt a lot of new things. Totally improve my understanding about the course subjects.

By Gabrial Z A

Aug 13, 2019

Great lecture on usable security, Now thinking of how to help educate everyone around me

By Varun S

Jun 3, 2019

The course was really helpful and it gave really good insights and perspectives to learn.

By HDD

Nov 19, 2017

Course is very well outlined and allows for learning at a relatively quick pace and ease.

By Shashank K T

Mar 9, 2020

Excellent information and explanation. Multiple used cases makes the course interesting.

By Tulasi S S A

Sep 26, 2016

Wonderful concepts presented beautifully. If every software developer take this course;

By Julian O K

Oct 29, 2020

I personally found this course helpful and easy to grasp. I would recommend it. Thanks!

By Alex T

Feb 1, 2020

good review of considerations in UI and process design for authentication, privacy etc

By Nicholas P

Jun 14, 2018

Provides the human interactive approach to security, often not thought of in practice.

By Luis L

Aug 25, 2016

Good explanations and detailed. Interesant concepts, developed in a comfortable way.

By Redwan A N

Sep 30, 2019

I would love to work with Jennifer Golbeck in her lab for my P.h.D. Simply Awesome!

By Abhijeet K

Apr 25, 2021

Awesome Course!! The way instructor teaches about usable security is just awesome.

By Fabianna G M

Apr 23, 2017

Great course, I loved the examples and video of practices throughout the learning!

By Swapnil G

Sep 3, 2020

Using my Quarantine time with the Coursera is really a great experience

By Periyasamy M

Sep 1, 2020

Very informative, and helped me to understand the users' perspective of security.

By Rudolph R

Sep 23, 2018

very easy to learn and the videos and audio are both clear and easy to understand

By Aman K

Oct 21, 2020

Its very clear and the instructer is best. She explained every topic efficiently