Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR

Jun 21, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

BH

Jun 30, 2020

hi there,FIrst of all i'd like to thank our instructor , Jennifer Golbeck, for the hard working and the amazing way of teaching . I really love the course, thanks you very much and keep it up *-^ .

26 - 50 of 552 Reviews for Usable Security

By Christian K

Jul 30, 2018

l like the course and the way it was delivered. The final TED video was particular good example.

My little suggestion comes around the multiple choice question. I'd prefer that the number of correct answers be explicitly indicated.

Otherwise, it was a overall very good experience.

By Keifala L

Nov 30, 2019

This course is one of the best course for any person who is interested in providing the best service for a user in the IT world and as well as gives you the understanding on how to protect relevant information about your privacy and system from third party information hacking.

By Victor R R P

Jan 06, 2017

This course improved my perspective of security and privacy. The concepts of usability is something I will use on every system I develop from now on. The University of Maryland team does a wonderfull work to keep the understanding easy and completed, much thanks to them.

By Thaego T S

Aug 27, 2020

Jennifer Golbeck is a powerful instructor; she explained technical terms in ways an average person could understand. She presented a "usable", practical, and highly informative learning experience in cybersecurity.

I highly recommend this course and its specialization.

By Daniel D

Oct 07, 2019

It's a very complete course and well designed. Its content is updated and very relevant to security design and usability. The teacher is very well undestood even when she tries to explain some difficult concepts. Her practical way of teaching facilitates the learning.

By Christian G M C

Aug 02, 2016

Great exposition of didactic and interactive readings and materials. I was not dissappointed, and as the course advanced, so did the difficulty, i happenned to have a base on the subject, but it was an enjoyable and sometimes funny learning experience.

By Klas F

Oct 19, 2017

Excellent course and a good introduction to security which also cover real/usable security and an angle too rarely brought up in conjunction with safety around IT systems. The lecturer was really good an knowledgeable and the material was good as well

By Gabriel S D A

Jun 11, 2017

This course have a great way to introduce us to real life issues inside usable security and design, it covers really well small detailed problems that can result a lot of damage, the readings are really useful and the videos really objective.

By Prince V

Sep 09, 2020

It has been an amazing experience and a wise decision to take this course. The difficult terms and definitions were easier to understand as Dr. Jennifer Golbeck used intuitive and real-life examples to explain in simpler terms. Loved it!!!!

By Aldo G

Sep 04, 2020

This course was very straight forward. My only gripe would be some questions, whether it be the quizzes or the final, could be very oddly worded. Besides that, the course overall gave me some good insights into overall UX ideas and design.

By LEMMA L F

Feb 02, 2019

I found this course informative, easy to understand and timely. I like the way the course material is organized and presented. I would like to appreciate the course instructor for her eye-catching way of presentation. Thank you so much!

By Alberto H A

Feb 23, 2017

This course broaden your perspective of security and how are the best ways to design the security of the systems from the perspective of the users.

I recommended this course to all programmers and designers no matter what level you have.

By Shah R

Sep 06, 2017

All the presentations are very simple, well organized, and excellent with high degree of usability. Unless someone attend this class, no one can imagine the simplicity and quality. Many thanks and kind regards to Dr. Jennifer Golbeck.

By Vinayak P

Jul 13, 2019

I learnt a basic yet important aspect of usability i.e., usable security. This has helped me understand that usability and security are two sides of a coin, in other words, one is incomplete and insignificant without the other.

By BIKASH K S

Oct 09, 2016

It was really good on content part. I really like the course material. It is going to help me in my current organization project development work. At the same time i want to explore other available courses on cyber security.

By muditha p

Aug 08, 2020

Really Really love the content and the way it is presented. Was in its sector for a while, but this was the first time it made me look at the systems which we develop, in a completely different angle !! Thank you so much !!

By Edyta S

Jan 25, 2018

I recommend this course to anyone in IT as it gives you better perspective on how to implement usable security in the company. The instructor is excellent. Each lesson is backed with great examples and it is easy to follow.

By Abid S

Nov 03, 2017

Before taking this course, I've never think that usability have such important and crucial role in designing secure and usable course. This course helped me to understand how to design and develop usable and secure systems.

By Daniel E

Dec 28, 2016

A great course that has completely changed my perception towards software design with the course USABLE SECURITY. The materials and lecture videos are nothing but wonderful. I really had a great time while learning. Thanks

By Afonso H R A

Mar 03, 2019

This course is essential to understand how design, ideas and purpose can dictate our use and acceptance regarding Apps or interfaces in general.

Good content and exercises that represents what you are reading and learning.

By Kevin B

Oct 06, 2018

Its Great.. one of the best courses ever!!.. it's fun and didactic, and very, very interesting.

Only in 7 weeks can you learn the usability of the systems and how to establish safer controls in the company where I work

By kalluri v r

Jul 24, 2017

Usable Security mainly deals with fundamentals of HCI, prototyping,design methods, A/B testing on design, Authentication mechanisms and privacy. It covered all of these with clear cut explanations.

By Akshata L

Sep 01, 2020

You'll be able to see security from a different perspective when compared to other practical courses. thoroughly enjoyed it! even if you aren't interested in cyber security, this course will get you interested.

By Boyan T

Jan 04, 2017

Good introduction to usable security, with interesting and illustrative examples and scenarios showing how usable security concepts play out in real life and in tools and services we use on a day to day basis.

By SIDDHARTH K G

Sep 11, 2020

Decent course for those who are new to cyber security. Importance of security and user's data is explained particularly nicely. I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to enter in the field of CS.