Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

601 - 625 of 734 Reviews for Usable Security

By Pam

Apr 25, 2019

The audio could be better. In some of the lectures the sound would fluctuate from very low to moderately higher.

By Evi V

Sep 18, 2017

Good introduction, some of the concepts, especially in quizzes are debatable or outdated within the industry.

By Fabio D

Jun 12, 2016

Very interesting and a different approach to make security acceptable to users. Currnet technology allow that

By Kabeya M M l G

Jul 2, 2020

Je suis ravis par cette spécialité qui m'a faite franchir un barrière dans la recherche en Cybersecurity!

By Mohammad M

Jul 17, 2016

this course is cool but not hard enough i think, it should cover more materials and it should be harder.

By Manuel R A L

Nov 30, 2020

Excelente curso para iniciar, felicitaciones, muy contento con la información y conocimiento obtenido.

By artscot

Oct 26, 2020

Very informative course. It was very interesting learning the intricacies of IT security and privacy.

By Gokul K

Nov 7, 2016

If there were some Powerpoint slides in the course memorising would have been easier. Thanks a lot.

By Thịnh N Đ

Sep 25, 2020

The quality of videos is rather low. Also, in some videos, the backgrounds are quite distractive.

By Nimit

Jun 9, 2016

A really good course in usable security. A little more of assignments would have been better

By Roderick R

Oct 5, 2017

Good course that covered very useful material. Dr. Goldbeck is an outstanding instructor!!

By Alex R

May 16, 2021

Some of the material appears a bit outdated. Otherwise, it was fun to follow the course.

By Dmitriy M

Apr 10, 2016

Doesnt meet my expectations - it is all about "Usable", but not about "Security" at all.

By joel S

Jan 10, 2021

After completing this course it give me the encouragement to continue my studies in ITC

By Abhishek Y

The course was helpful. There should have been some practical stuff for the students.

By Charlie G

Feb 8, 2020

Good course and a good instructor. I learned some things that I will be able to use.

By Mohammed D

Apr 21, 2020

thank for everything you give lot of konwlege about security its very helpful for me

By 18BEL535 P B

Jul 26, 2020

This course is really help me out..I gained many information from this course

Feb 4, 2020

Reallly great course. Which helps understand the roots of security and HCI

By Roger S

Jun 18, 2017

Enjoyed completing the course and updating my knowledge of usable security.

By Emmanuel G G

Nov 4, 2017

This was a very great experience and the course content was very good.

By Surya A

May 31, 2016

Extremely practical lessons that can be applied at work immediately.

By Mahmoud H

May 4, 2018

some of the course material might need to be reviewed and updated

By Gloria V

Aug 29, 2016

I like it, but i feel that sometimes need more examples o dynamic

By Victoria L B

Oct 16, 2017

I liked it and enjoyed learning from this class. I learned alot.