Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

51 - 75 of 656 Reviews for Usable Security

By Afonso H R A

Mar 3, 2019

This course is essential to understand how design, ideas and purpose can dictate our use and acceptance regarding Apps or interfaces in general.

Good content and exercises that represents what you are reading and learning.

By Kevin B

Oct 5, 2018

Its Great.. one of the best courses ever!!.. it's fun and didactic, and very, very interesting.

Only in 7 weeks can you learn the usability of the systems and how to establish safer controls in the company where I work

By kalluri v r

Jul 24, 2017

Usable Security mainly deals with fundamentals of HCI, prototyping,design methods, A/B testing on design, Authentication mechanisms and privacy. It covered all of these with clear cut explanations.

By Sharmila P d C

Oct 6, 2020

I loved this course! It was delivered with humour and insight, and helped me understand and learn how to solve real world cybersecurity problems with users in mind, through relevant course content and case studies.

By Akshata L

Sep 1, 2020

You'll be able to see security from a different perspective when compared to other practical courses. thoroughly enjoyed it! even if you aren't interested in cyber security, this course will get you interested.

By Gunnar W

Jan 3, 2021

One of the best Coursera courses I have taken. Congratulations to the theacher! I would have appreciated more engagement and activities, although I did enjoy not having to wait for others to grade my scores...

By Boyan T

Jan 4, 2017

Good introduction to usable security, with interesting and illustrative examples and scenarios showing how usable security concepts play out in real life and in tools and services we use on a day to day basis.

By SIDDHARTH K G

Sep 11, 2020

Decent course for those who are new to cyber security. Importance of security and user's data is explained particularly nicely. I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to enter in the field of CS.

By George D

Oct 10, 2017

Loved it. Jennifer did an amazing job at presenting the content and providing resources and examples which support her content. I've learned a lot about usable security through her teachings - excellent job!

By Md S I

Jul 26, 2017

I want to go deep into network and cloud security but this course showed me a different arena of Security aspect. Hope to learn more about Usable Security and one reason is that the author is very engaging.

By Jarrell H

Jan 30, 2020

Really good and close to being in a real lecture hall with a high quality professor. Good material regarding user interfaces and designing with security in mind and user natural workflow in an application.

By ANSHUMAN B S

May 30, 2019

Learned al lot during the session.

All the syllabus was categorized and structured.

Miss Jennifer Golbeck is a great professor and I hope she achieve more in life.

Thankyou Coursera and Miss Jennifer Golbeck

By Bin H I

Jun 30, 2020

hi there,FIrst of all i'd like to thank our instructor , Jennifer Golbeck, for the hard working and the amazing way of teaching . I really love the course, thanks you very much and keep it up *-^ .

By Akshay K U

Mar 24, 2018

Usable Security is a one of the finest courses which explains what its description states.

I gained a lot of experience with usablity and will try to implement the same in my future security features.

By Channavaram M K

May 24, 2019

it was really amazing class lecture and extraordinary learning mam from you looking aspioiusly to intern from you mam glad to be your student and hearty congratulations to you on being the top.

By Eric B

Mar 28, 2019

This course gave me an understanding of Usable Security which I did not have before. The work that it takes or should take into creating systems for users is more intricate than I ever thought.

By Hitesh N

Nov 21, 2019

It was my first stepping stone towards cybersecurity. The instructor is very knowledgable and smart. I really enjoy the course and would looking forward for other courses in the specilization.

By Anta G

Jun 1, 2019

très bon cours et assez intéressant car il m'a permis de pouvoir faire la différence entre la facilité d'utilisation d'un système et sa sécurité et comment allier les deux dans un système .

By Samuel A

Nov 14, 2020

I learnt more from this than I expected. It covers a lot of practical things that I have begun to apply towards improving my own personal digital security.

I totally recommend this course.

By Kishore K

Aug 7, 2016

Found it very useful. The content is articulated very well and is substantiated with research work & survey. This gives me a way to objectively assess system from security point of view

By Ehud B

Apr 5, 2020

Excellent course. Very well delivered. Interesting content and examples and good quizzes. I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Looking forward for the other courses in the specialization. :)

By venkata s p m

Apr 29, 2020

This course has much detailed information about the topic. The instructor went to a large extent to make us learn the topic well. Overall the course is recommended. It is good course.

By Ann N

Dec 6, 2020

I learned a great deal about security, password. i also had a lot of fun going through the video and materials. Thank you very much for the fun, stimulating class and the knowledge.

By IncarnadineQueen

Jun 23, 2020

Great teacher who is easy to understand and creative. This course helped my out-of-the-box thinking skills and solidified information I knew into information I can communicate on.

By Carlos J B A

Dec 31, 2018

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.