Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR

Jun 21, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

BH

Jun 30, 2020

hi there,FIrst of all i'd like to thank our instructor , Jennifer Golbeck, for the hard working and the amazing way of teaching . I really love the course, thanks you very much and keep it up *-^ .

76 - 100 of 552 Reviews for Usable Security

By Michael N M

Nov 11, 2016

thanks for the lectures. the best so far

very informative. never knew system designers have to go through a lot to make it usable. wow now am a system designer :)

By Rudrakh P

Oct 06, 2018

Excellent course providing a new perspective to cyber security. Learnt a lot. Enjoyed it as well. The evaluatives were ambiguous sometimes, but it was worth it.

By Erik I

Jul 03, 2016

Good introduction to the general security of UX design and experience. Remember this is just the start. Not too technical or difficult, quite easy to be honest.

By Alejandro D L

Apr 22, 2016

Awesome. I am genuinely exited that I actually took and finished this course. Great content, actionable and at some moments, eye opener.

I totally recommend it.

By Olivier G

May 12, 2020

Quite interesting and easily to follow for someone without IT technical background. Also the course is worth doing even just for personal use of the internet.

By Keshav K

Apr 24, 2018

Best Course if you want to start your career in cyber security from scratch, The course goes from beginning to advance with best content and exercises.

By Srinivasan R

Jan 19, 2018

It is not easy to clear this course as one may think. The content is vast and really good that reading it again, not just for clearing the test, is re

By Dasarapalli R R

Jan 10, 2020

Very well explained by the professor about the design aspect of how authentication system should be. Has been an invaluable theoretical study for me.

By Randy D

Aprendi mucho, en realidad enseña muchisimo sobre cosas que no le damos importancia como la informacion que compartimos y le damos a las compañias.

By Velliyangiri K

Sep 27, 2019

The course contents are very well designed and explained also understandable for beginners.

This is my 1st session from Coursera system.. Very Nice

By Saleh M

Aug 24, 2018

Concise and to the point. Examples were al relevant and brilliantly explained. Quizzes and the final exam were thought-provoking. Great experience!

By Ramakanth.P

Aug 24, 2020

Definitely a very insightful subject that I am not much familiar with. Well, till now at least !!

Loved the professor of the course BTW. Very good.

By Shiran G

Aug 01, 2017

This was grate overview of what is usable security and what are the approaches used today when it come to make software both usable and secure :-)

By Ravindranath R

Jun 08, 2020

Course content is very good. Professor's lecture videos give enough detailed information to understand the subject with enough, clear examples.

By Emiliano T

Dec 24, 2017

I loved this course. Given that it's not too hard to follow, I find it to be a good way to start the Cybersecurity specialization.

Thanks Jen!

By Kartik R

May 12, 2020

Thankyou for such a great course offered by Maryland University . This was something new I learned in these days. Overall nice experience!

By Iwan S

Nov 04, 2019

Attend this course is helping me to understand how to make design system better, i learn in user's perspective view not only as designer.

By deepak

Dec 10, 2018

Really helped me understand usability by design and how to incorporate usability as part of security design. This is a recommended course

By kyle s

Feb 13, 2017

Great class. Ms. Golbeck is very clear and the pacing is great. I like that you can skip ahead to the next week if you have the time.

By Mohammad Y

Aug 25, 2020

I learned a lot from this course, the materials were not very complicated and the additional reading materials were very helpful.

By Muhammad M

Mar 16, 2020

One of the best online courses I have ever studied. Perfect depth,clear voice and high rate of understanding..Excellecnt Course.

By Rahul B

Jul 11, 2016

Its level increases gradually, the lectures have been explained in a lucid manner and there is a lot to gain from this course

By Nicholas K

Oct 24, 2019

This course was had me engaged with the facets of Usability Fundamentals. The course was clear and very informative as well.

By karthik s

Jun 01, 2016

The concepts are explained in best way so that even the layman can understand it and use it in his daily life and be secured

By Anila B

Sep 13, 2020

The basics of cyber security has been well explained by the professor. Many thanks for building up my foundation so strong.