Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

151 - 175 of 644 Reviews for Usable Security

By Chika U N

Jan 21, 2019

I have a better understanding of Usability + Security , the videos were clear, simple and detailed

By Sean H

Oct 13, 2017

VERY informative and offers much food for thought and how one would approach user-centric security

By Claude-S. J

Oct 30, 2016

Great course!

Very interesting and very ingaging content (I would go so far as to say very usable).

By Ale F

Nov 21, 2016

Excellent course. A must for every software architect of any software that has human interaction.

By João D

Apr 15, 2016

Very useful insight about Usability in Security. Advice to everyone interested in Cyber Security.

By David C

Sep 16, 2020

This was a good starting place. I am looking forward to the next courses in this specialization.

By Hasmukh P

Oct 1, 2020

Very good course, I enjoyed each section and learned new things in Usable Security. Thank you.

By JOSÉ C C

Jun 4, 2019

Excelente, pero seria mucho mejor que la constancia que otorgan tenga valor para el curriculum

By Dan R

May 15, 2017

Excellent course filled with plenty of info to get you started thinking about usable security.

By Aishwarya U

Oct 5, 2016

I think this course was worth taking an I thoroughly enjoyed through every bit of the lessons.

By Bruno L V

Jul 16, 2020

An excellent introduction course on my way to become an specialist on this challenging field.

By George A M

Jul 31, 2018

Great course to learn more about how to understand, develop, and implement greater usability.

By Mohanad T H M

Apr 18, 2018

I have learned so much things in this course that most of people don't take in consideration.

By S H

Jan 18, 2017

Very interesting course that will help you in designing systems that people will want to use!

By Donald C

Nov 23, 2016

Helps reform UNIX and C lovers, let's not be the BOFH and make usable systems for our users!

By Priyanka H

Oct 20, 2016

Great course! Very intriguing insights regarding security. So many of my 'myths' got busted.

By Amewuda R

Oct 27, 2020

I learned to secure my self and my business through this course. Thanks to the instructors.

By Sjir B

Feb 15, 2018

I enjoyed this course much, the teacher was great at explaining the topic and in a fun way.

By Abraam E B N

Dec 12, 2017

Great course which gave me a lot of insights about usability of systems and its importance.

By JAIRO A L O

Oct 22, 2020

Excellent course, very instructive and goes straight to the root of the problem in design.

By Mohd N B B

Sep 18, 2019

I learnt a lot of new things. Totally improve my understanding about the course subjects.

By Gabrial Z A

Aug 13, 2019

Great lecture on usable security, Now thinking of how to help educate everyone around me

By Varun S

Jun 3, 2019

The course was really helpful and it gave really good insights and perspectives to learn.

By HDD

Nov 19, 2017

Course is very well outlined and allows for learning at a relatively quick pace and ease.

By Shashank K T

Mar 9, 2020

Excellent information and explanation. Multiple used cases makes the course interesting.