Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

176 - 200 of 658 Reviews for Usable Security

By Varun S

Jun 3, 2019

The course was really helpful and it gave really good insights and perspectives to learn.

By HDD

Nov 19, 2017

Course is very well outlined and allows for learning at a relatively quick pace and ease.

By Shashank K T

Mar 9, 2020

Excellent information and explanation. Multiple used cases makes the course interesting.

By Tulasi S S A

Sep 26, 2016

Wonderful concepts presented beautifully. If every software developer take this course;

By Julian O K

Oct 29, 2020

I personally found this course helpful and easy to grasp. I would recommend it. Thanks!

By Alex T

Feb 1, 2020

good review of considerations in UI and process design for authentication, privacy etc

By Nicholas P

Jun 14, 2018

Provides the human interactive approach to security, often not thought of in practice.

By Luis L

Aug 25, 2016

Good explanations and detailed. Interesant concepts, developed in a comfortable way.

By Redwan A N

Sep 30, 2019

I would love to work with Jennifer Golbeck in her lab for my P.h.D. Simply Awesome!

By Fabianna G M

Apr 23, 2017

Great course, I loved the examples and video of practices throughout the learning!

By Swapnil G

Sep 3, 2020

Using my Quarantine time with the Coursera is really a great experience

By Periyasamy M

Sep 1, 2020

Very informative, and helped me to understand the users' perspective of security.

By Rudolph R

Sep 23, 2018

very easy to learn and the videos and audio are both clear and easy to understand

By Aman K

Oct 21, 2020

Its very clear and the instructer is best. She explained every topic efficiently

By Panagiotis F

Nov 6, 2016

Excellent introductory course for increasing your usability and security in soft

By DARSHI A

Aug 22, 2020

conclusions regarding week5 of usable authentication and passwords is not clear

By Rahim A

Jan 23, 2020

Great Course, learned alot about theory based application about cyber security

By Sean Y

Sep 10, 2017

Very well thought out and designed. Clear messages and examples. I enjoyed it.

By Azameti Y C

Oct 21, 2020

I love this course

It is very good for our daily lives as we surf the internet

By Truong T T

Sep 14, 2020

Very useful course. Taught me a new approach to design, not only in CyberSec.

By Ismail O

Feb 19, 2020

Excellent course on presenting the trade-offs between security and usability!

By Neelakandan A

Nov 1, 2019

This course is very nice and interesting subject and I get lot of information

By Fahad Y A F

May 11, 2016

very helpful course , and it is help us to improve our knowledge and skills .

By Tunde A A

Aug 23, 2017

Well delivered course. I really learnt a lot about designing a secure system

By Elikplim D

Nov 19, 2020

I love the simplicity of the course and the exams at each end of the class.