Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

826 - 850 of 1,159 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Kamal M

Apr 21, 2021

Thank you, I enjoyed the course. On one hand it is rich of information but the instructor made it clear and simple, on the other hand lack of practice, may be if there were more examples and a little bit exercises it will be better.

By SONICA K

Nov 9, 2020

Was a really good course. It surprisingly goes a little in-depth for an introductory course as compared to other UX introductory courses. Definitely recommend this for beginners to the field or people who are just curious about it.

By Harsh R

Nov 14, 2020

This course from Georgia Tech, as the name suggests is an introduction to the field of user experience design. The contents on the course exposes you to the basic concepts and also gives the student few resources to dive deeper.

By Eduardo G

Jul 9, 2020

As the name says, it's an introduction course so everything you learn is not very in-depth but it's great if you're not really familiar with User Experience Design. I found the course to be easy to navigate, usable, and useful.

By Antonio C A V S

Apr 17, 2020

The course was great overall, I really enjoyed it and learned pretty well, my only comment would be that the evaluations or tests had no feedback on the answers, and that could help understand a little more about the subject.

By Haley W

Aug 1, 2018

Was not as in-depth as I had hoped. Was looking for a course with more business applications, like how to write up a PRD (Product Requirements Document). Hoping you make a course for designers/product managers for business.

By Michael F

Jul 15, 2020

Pretty good course! Only wish is that the examples were more cohesive, such as using the development of one or a couple of products throughout the whole course to see how the information applies through the whole process.

By Xin Q

Aug 17, 2017

Brand new topic for me! Although the course contents are designed a bit boring. But I have purchased the book "Design of Everyday Things", and it turns out that the book is more interesting than the course itself.

By Timo W

Dec 12, 2017

Great summary introducing the overall process and lots of tools to further explore (incl. links to do so directly). In general, slides and videos could be a bit more polished and there is too much repetition.

By Irene G C

Aug 9, 2016

Fast and practical. When I wanted to learn the basics of UX, this course gave me all the important elements I need to understand. Plus, I was able to start sketching right away and implement my ideas at work.

By Saumya R

Feb 4, 2021

A very well-structured and informative course. This is perfect for someone who is just planning to enter the world of ux design. Highly theoretical but really helps in getting an introduction to this field.

By Gabriel Z

Jan 30, 2018

A good starter course on UX design, especially for people who have no idea what UX is (that was me!). I wish we could have covered more advanced evaluation topics, but it is not in the scope of this course.

By Juan F M

Oct 26, 2020

It is a great introductory course, not only for someone who is not familiar with the field or the concepts, but also for those who have knowledge of UX but are taking their first steps in UX in English.

By Janki C

Jan 13, 2021

Videos are really helpful, especially for peoples who are new to the User interface field can have fundamental ideas. And I assume that I will get the best answer if I am stuck on any of these topics.

By Alexandra S

Jul 10, 2018

As a novice I've found this course to be clear and concise. To put it in course terms, it's useful and usable. I would have liked it to go into a little bit more detail, hence the 4 stars and not 5.

By Gultakin M

May 31, 2018

I enjoyed this course. Thank you very much to the instructor. Lectures and teaching - 5 starts indeed, but I wish there were more examples and interactive questions leading to more practical tasks.

By Arminas G

Aug 27, 2020

The introduction is on point, however, I have a feeling this course is a bit outdated. Also, missing some key points on how to make sketches of UI and there was not so much information about it.

By Stephan J W

Aug 22, 2017

Excellent as an introductory course, with concepts explained clearly and succinctly. A few more case studies or practical examples may have been beneficial, but overall this course is excellent.

By Rodrigo A

Oct 3, 2020

Conceptual, un poco amplio pero tiene en cuenta el paso a paso para el correcto diseño. No estoy en tema y para mí es algo nuevo, me gustó, pero me queda algo de gusto a poco en cierto sentido.

By Elizabeth M

Sep 17, 2020

Evaluations feedback should show why a wrong answer was wrong or right - at the moment there is no "feedback" per se other than showing the answer was wrong, which is not helpful for learning.

By Lohith

Dec 23, 2016

Explaining each and every steps was good. I feel it would have been better if some visual elements in the course material which will us to understand faster than the current teaching practice.

By Shriya T

Aug 6, 2021

It was a good course. I gained insight into the world of interfaces. Although I hoped they had included a bit more information in the fifth week of this course, i.e, Evaluation of the design.

By Carolyn V Y

Apr 21, 2020

Very Well Done. As an introductory course it was easy to follow and very informative. I will be able to use this practical knowledge in my current work environment. Thank you Dr. Arriaga!

By Avinash K S

Apr 14, 2020

This is a great course to understand the vital domain of User Experience and related design concepts and theories. The one take this course to further go ahead in this domain is recommended.

By Lester D

Aug 26, 2016

This course is a very informative & comprehensive course for Beginners. it covers the foundational aspects of UX design. Thanks to Dr. Rosa I. Arriaga & Georgia Institute of Technology.