Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC
Sep 25, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

851 - 875 of 1,162 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Avinash K S

Apr 14, 2020

This is a great course to understand the vital domain of User Experience and related design concepts and theories. The one take this course to further go ahead in this domain is recommended.

By Lester D

Aug 26, 2016

This course is a very informative & comprehensive course for Beginners. it covers the foundational aspects of UX design. Thanks to Dr. Rosa I. Arriaga & Georgia Institute of Technology.

By P E

Apr 4, 2020

Very interesting course to understand how the design process work. It is useful to have an overall view, resources are also useful and you can decide on what you want to have a deep dive.

By rachna

Jun 17, 2019

For the Quiz sections, the answers are sometimes confusing and there are no keys available for the ones you answered incorrectly to understand what should have been the right answer.

By A M

Feb 5, 2021

I was expecting something more or at least different, not a professor, who reads some text from a slideshow. Anyway, it's a good start for someone who knows nothing about UX Design.

By Akhtar A D

Jul 21, 2020

During completing this course, I felt there is a need of more common world experiences examples for specially a newbie who needs to flourish in the world of user experience design.

By Lungisani A S

Aug 13, 2019

It was quite informative for me as a person that has recently taken interest in the subject. However, I thought it would offer a bit more in terms of designing an interface.

By Téo B

Good course with a high theorical aspect.

I found this course interesting but there was a lack of concrete examples or experience feedbacks with respect to other courses.

By Gavin Y

May 1, 2020

A very good introduction to UX - to get a better picture on what UX really is. Managed my expectations, initial impression of a UX course is very different - thanks !

By Ruan

Jun 14, 2020

Was a good course to introduce UE Design to me and to get to know the theory behind it.

I would recommend this course to others who would want to more about UE Design.

By Aryan M

May 24, 2021

I am a beginner in starting but after I enroll in the course I have confidence in UX Design, I am happy that I finished this course it is very helpful for beginner.

By Bożena W

Dec 18, 2016

It seems to be good introduction to get to know basics of UX. I would it be a little bit more attractive and enjoyable but all in all it's good as first step to UX.

By Alex

Oct 9, 2016

A bit short, did help with structuring the UX process but I feel it was very very basic so probably more suitable to people that just start their journey in UXland

By Ruben H

Aug 14, 2019

Nice Course to learn the basics of ux design. Also afther studing 4 years as an interaction designer, this course learn me nieuws kinds of stuff! recommend it!

By Nicholas F G

Jul 2, 2017

Concepts are easy to understand and follow. However, I would have liked more exercises with plan of attack of a given short scenario to help with memorability.

By Christina K

Jan 12, 2021

The course is amazing; however, I lacked more examples during the sessions. It would be great to include them in each lesson and in each particular subtopic.

By Paulo S

Mar 3, 2018

As a designer, I suggest that the instructor could show more examples of apps that is really effective for the user experience during the Module Prototyping.

By Jossie Y

Jun 26, 2021

pretty good intro, I did it in about 2 hours(?) wish there was a more in depth course that is free on this topic. Nice to have something to do for 2 hours!

By Akanksha D

Jun 18, 2021

Overall the course was quite informative considering it as an introductory course. However, as it is a design course, I was expecting more visual examples.

By Nicolás G

Aug 26, 2019

Even when the course is just an introduction, I believe there should be more examples or tips to create surveys, interviews, etc. for data gathering.

By Tejasvi S

Apr 18, 2020

This course has really helped me understand the basics of UX which will further help me decide whether to go ahead in this field or not. Thank you !

By Rati G

Mar 20, 2017

This is literally the introduction. It covered things i mostly knew. But its a good starting point for those who have no idea about the UX industry.

By Syed A M

Nov 20, 2016

It was a good introductory course. I am giving 4 stars so that the design cycle goes around again and make the course more effortless and enjoyable.

By Srikanth K N

Sep 25, 2020

Was able to gain knowledge on User Experience essentials like Requirements gathering, Design alternatives, Prototyping techniques, Evaluation needs