Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

451 - 475 of 664 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Saverio C

May 13, 2019

A general overview of UX fundamentals. Many concepts are too ground level for a designer with an education background (even different than plain UX), yet brush them up is a great idea before starting a new learning path. Highly understandable and strongly recommended.

By Reza

Nov 13, 2019

It was a good course to take when you were really a beginner in the field as it taught you the basics of UX design. However, some concepts were quite hard to grasp. But overall, this course was helpful for people who wanted to start learning about the field of UX.

By Sandra A

Oct 23, 2016

It's a good introduction to UX Design, especially if you don't know anything about the field. It gives you the basics and the lingo that you will encounter in this field. It would have been nice to have some practical assignments, but overall really good start.

By Julie H

Jul 29, 2020

Very interesting and great introduction to the User Experience Design. My only comment is that I wanted to learn more about the visual aspects of User Experience. Overall, a very interesting course that has further sparked my interest in this field!

By Jeremy R

Jun 11, 2017

Some of the lessons were a bit monotonous, perhaps some visual aid may have helped to break up the lessons. Overall though, the content was sound and I did feel like I learned a lot with regards to the basic building block of User Experience Design.

By Nileshh J A

Feb 27, 2017

Good beginner level course - useful for those interested in getting an early understanding of the field of UX before they decide on whether this field is right for them or not.

Having said that the course has been kept easy to understand and quick...

By Carlos G J M

May 21, 2019

Para ser un curso introductorio se explica bien el proceso de diseño de UX pero no solo UX sino UX/UI ya que en todo tiempo se habla de la UI, pero para el desarrollador de Front-End este curso le daría un gran escenario de como hacer las cosas.

By Adam M

Jul 18, 2020

Some test questions poorly structured, videos could use editing to add pauses after asking the user to perform a task or work out a problem. Currently it just keeps playing sometimes revealing the answer before a manual pause can be initiated.

By Lee L

Oct 15, 2017

This course provides exactly what it promises, a basic introduction to UX terms and concepts. I think it does an excellent job of clarifying these ideas, but more is needed to help students decide whether they are qualified for this career.

By Jason T

Jul 24, 2020

I wanted to take an introductory course in UX Design because I have very little information as to what it entails. I thought that this course provided enough information to get a gist of what a UX designer does at a very surface level.

By Eduardo G

Jul 09, 2020

As the name says, it's an introduction course so everything you learn is not very in-depth but it's great if you're not really familiar with User Experience Design. I found the course to be easy to navigate, usable, and useful.

By Antonio C A V S

Apr 18, 2020

The course was great overall, I really enjoyed it and learned pretty well, my only comment would be that the evaluations or tests had no feedback on the answers, and that could help understand a little more about the subject.

By Haley W

Aug 02, 2018

Was not as in-depth as I had hoped. Was looking for a course with more business applications, like how to write up a PRD (Product Requirements Document). Hoping you make a course for designers/product managers for business.

By Michael F

Jul 15, 2020

Pretty good course! Only wish is that the examples were more cohesive, such as using the development of one or a couple of products throughout the whole course to see how the information applies through the whole process.

By Xin Q

Aug 17, 2017

Brand new topic for me! Although the course contents are designed a bit boring. But I have purchased the book "Design of Everyday Things", and it turns out that the book is more interesting than the course itself.

By Timo W

Dec 12, 2017

Great summary introducing the overall process and lots of tools to further explore (incl. links to do so directly). In general, slides and videos could be a bit more polished and there is too much repetition.

By Irene G M E

Aug 09, 2016

Fast and practical. When I wanted to learn the basics of UX, this course gave me all the important elements I need to understand. Plus, I was able to start sketching right away and implement my ideas at work.

By Gabriel Z

Jan 30, 2018

A good starter course on UX design, especially for people who have no idea what UX is (that was me!). I wish we could have covered more advanced evaluation topics, but it is not in the scope of this course.

By Alexandra S

Jul 10, 2018

As a novice I've found this course to be clear and concise. To put it in course terms, it's useful and usable. I would have liked it to go into a little bit more detail, hence the 4 stars and not 5.

By Gultakin M

May 31, 2018

I enjoyed this course. Thank you very much to the instructor. Lectures and teaching - 5 starts indeed, but I wish there were more examples and interactive questions leading to more practical tasks.

By Stephan J W

Aug 22, 2017

Excellent as an introductory course, with concepts explained clearly and succinctly. A few more case studies or practical examples may have been beneficial, but overall this course is excellent.

By Lohith

Dec 23, 2016

Explaining each and every steps was good. I feel it would have been better if some visual elements in the course material which will us to understand faster than the current teaching practice.

By Carolyn V Y

Apr 21, 2020

Very Well Done. As an introductory course it was easy to follow and very informative. I will be able to use this practical knowledge in my current work environment. Thank you Dr. Arriaga!

By Avinash K S

Apr 14, 2020

This is a great course to understand the vital domain of User Experience and related design concepts and theories. The one take this course to further go ahead in this domain is recommended.

By Lester D

Aug 26, 2016

This course is a very informative & comprehensive course for Beginners. it covers the foundational aspects of UX design. Thanks to Dr. Rosa I. Arriaga & Georgia Institute of Technology.