Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

501 - 525 of 776 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

Sep 23, 2020

Nice

By Rimayang L A

May 03, 2020

good

By Yolanda F

Apr 17, 2020

Good

By Ummul F

Jan 10, 2020

Good

By Anastasiya T

Jun 06, 2019

Good

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

By Renzo C

Jun 19, 2020

By Jami O

Jul 26, 2016

I would LOVE to give this course 5 stars because I absolutely loved it. However, one small thing that drove me nuts makes me give it 4 star rating. I am a big type A personality and I wanted a perfect 100% grade. For this reason I take very, very detailed notes and studied very hard. When I was taking the tests, all of the answers came to me and I knew they were right without question. Then I would get marked wrong some answers at the end. For example, there were several questions relating to the 4 phases of the design cycle. These should very easy answers as the question was usually "What follows after the 'alternative design phase" which is an easy answer, "prototyping". Regardless it would be marked wrong, and it was absolutely impossible to get 100% and I encountered this issue on about 3 questions. I would encourage you to make sure your answers are properly programmed into the response bank

By Carolyn P H

May 22, 2020

The course definitely provided a great overview and resources to use outside of class. Having transcripts of each video was very helpful, however, sometimes the transcript was incorrect and it took some video rewatching to understand the context and actual words used. The weekly quizzes were also great, however, I would've appreciated being able to see what the correct answer was after completion so I could adjust my notes. I think some of the resources are now a little outdated - some website links no longer work/require subscription or payment before viewing. But overall, I came into this class knowing very little and now understand the basic layout of what UX/UI positions demand.

By Christopher G

Jul 29, 2020

The instructor was very clear in covering the materials. I loved her presence and how she communicated the information. My only issue was with the quizzes. The questions asked in the quiz did not resemble the communicated information in some of the lessons. In addition, some of the multiple-choice questions provided two sets of multiple choice answers with one set of multiple choice answers providing bubbles to click in. Just remove one without the bubbles, they do nothing but cause confusion specifically if the multiple-choice sets of answers are not in identical order. Other than that, I enjoyed this course!

By Barbara R

Oct 08, 2017

It's a very basic course but as a total beginner I'm glad I took it. Soon I'm starting stationary post-graduate UX studies and I think it was a good introduction, I definitely feel like learning more of the topic. What I missed were more examples or case studies, but maybe this was the point of the whole course to be short and basic... And I think you can easily complete the course in 2 or 3 weeks. There were some interesting articles linked in the materials however many of them were repeating the same or similar content so to me the selection of these materials looked rather random...

By Troy L

Aug 20, 2019

A good introduction to those who only have surface-level knowledge of UX Design. This course will quickly give you a working understanding of the basic processes designers follow when developing or improving an interface design. If you are preparing for a bootcamp, or want to discover what you'll be delving into, this is a great first step. My only improvement would be editing mistakes from the lecture videos and allowing students to see the correct answers for test responses that I got wrong.

By Ben-Sirac K S

Apr 08, 2020

J'ai beaucoup aimé le contenu de se cours. En temps que passionné et apprenant auto-didacte, j'ai appris beaucoup sur les bases qui régissent la conception d'une interface utilisateur dans le but d'améliorer l'expérience utilisateur. Du rassemblement des pré-requis, en passant par le design de l'interface et le prototypage à l'évaluation, tout fut bien cerné et laisse déjà un envie de mieux comprendre sur de nouvelle cours .. Merci à vous . Cordialement

By Michelle S

Feb 10, 2018

This was a mini introduction to user experience design and was shorter than I expected. I had hoped it would have been more in depth. If you want to get an idea of what UXD is about, this is a great general overview. I likely won't purchase the certificate for this course as I felt that it could have delivered more hands-on practice than it did. The course did give some excellent reference material in the form of website links.

By Nurvianto B

Jan 06, 2020

Great introductory course that touches on how to do design requirement research. Much of the materials covered were repeated from my psychology course on research design. However, there are some important design and UX jargons detailed in this course that helped me to understand better about the research cycle in terms of UX design. Overall a simple but comprehensive short course which is highly recommended.

By Heather H

Nov 10, 2017

Very short and general overview of UX design. Pretty concise with good resources. This course would be much better if there were more serious assignments given. I also really wish there was a bit more direction given for someone who wants to get more serious about this (i.e. if I want a career in this, what should I do?) I also kind of wish there was mention on the risk-management side to usability.

By Deepika N

Aug 06, 2017

A good start for learners who are new to software industry but are computer-literate. Personally, being in IT industry for more than 5 years, I expected to get some more information on how the goals could be achieved, which softwares could be used and how, etc.. a little macro / high-level course for me, but I will definitely look into taking in-depth course, that the instructor mentioned.

Good Luck !!!

By Clare H

Jun 23, 2020

Provided a high level and succinct introduction to User Experience Design. I found the course very easy to complete with a few videos to watch each week and very relevant and helpful reading and enjoyed testing my learning with the module quizzes which contributed to my final pass mark. I wanted a very broad and introductory level course on user experience and found this course gave me exactly that.

By Cynthia V O

Jun 14, 2020

I took the course without doing the assignment, I only checked the material and videos in order to have an understanding is UX design was for me or not.

My only suggestion would be to provide more real examples (there is som given) but more into detail, about the working areas or direct tasks that a person in this field can do as a remote worker for example.

I'm glad that I did the course. Thanks

By Suchetan K

Apr 13, 2017

It's a very basic & foundational course. But very good for someone who's never learnt or done anything in UX before. The course material is simple, breezy and satisfying. I came away having learnt few new things. And the professor kept insisting that this is only foundational program and more advanced material should be pursued elsewhere. I recommend this course to all beginners of UX.