Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

851 - 875 of 1,271 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Kévin B S S D

Apr 8, 2020

J'ai beaucoup aimé le contenu de se cours. En temps que passionné et apprenant auto-didacte, j'ai appris beaucoup sur les bases qui régissent la conception d'une interface utilisateur dans le but d'améliorer l'expérience utilisateur. Du rassemblement des pré-requis, en passant par le design de l'interface et le prototypage à l'évaluation, tout fut bien cerné et laisse déjà un envie de mieux comprendre sur de nouvelle cours .. Merci à vous . Cordialement

By SHONTA B

Feb 6, 2021

The course was great for beginners. Feedback for GA Tech, integrate the reading materials into the actual lesson where that specific topic is being covered, rather than assigning a list of suggested reading material at the beginning of the lesson. In the lesson itself please include links to any referrals/recommendations the instructor mentioned during the video in the lesson so the user can easily navigate to the material and come back to the course.

By Michelle S

Feb 10, 2018

This was a mini introduction to user experience design and was shorter than I expected. I had hoped it would have been more in depth. If you want to get an idea of what UXD is about, this is a great general overview. I likely won't purchase the certificate for this course as I felt that it could have delivered more hands-on practice than it did. The course did give some excellent reference material in the form of website links.

By Nurvianto B

Jan 6, 2020

Great introductory course that touches on how to do design requirement research. Much of the materials covered were repeated from my psychology course on research design. However, there are some important design and UX jargons detailed in this course that helped me to understand better about the research cycle in terms of UX design. Overall a simple but comprehensive short course which is highly recommended.

By Heather H

Nov 9, 2017

Very short and general overview of UX design. Pretty concise with good resources. This course would be much better if there were more serious assignments given. I also really wish there was a bit more direction given for someone who wants to get more serious about this (i.e. if I want a career in this, what should I do?) I also kind of wish there was mention on the risk-management side to usability.

By Deepika N

Aug 6, 2017

A good start for learners who are new to software industry but are computer-literate. Personally, being in IT industry for more than 5 years, I expected to get some more information on how the goals could be achieved, which softwares could be used and how, etc.. a little macro / high-level course for me, but I will definitely look into taking in-depth course, that the instructor mentioned.

Good Luck !!!

By Clare H

Jun 23, 2020

Provided a high level and succinct introduction to User Experience Design. I found the course very easy to complete with a few videos to watch each week and very relevant and helpful reading and enjoyed testing my learning with the module quizzes which contributed to my final pass mark. I wanted a very broad and introductory level course on user experience and found this course gave me exactly that.

By Cynthia V

Jun 14, 2020

I took the course without doing the assignment, I only checked the material and videos in order to have an understanding is UX design was for me or not.

My only suggestion would be to provide more real examples (there is som given) but more into detail, about the working areas or direct tasks that a person in this field can do as a remote worker for example.

I'm glad that I did the course. Thanks

By Suchetan K

Apr 13, 2017

It's a very basic & foundational course. But very good for someone who's never learnt or done anything in UX before. The course material is simple, breezy and satisfying. I came away having learnt few new things. And the professor kept insisting that this is only foundational program and more advanced material should be pursued elsewhere. I recommend this course to all beginners of UX.

By Marcus K

Apr 23, 2018

Thanks a lot for the great introduction to UX design. Especially the parts "basics" (week 1) and "requirements engineering" (week 2) are well done. Later parts (week 3-5) are a bit more superficial and included some errors in the testing scripts.

I would recommend the course to everybody, who wants to get a first intro into the topic of UX design within a time-frame of approx 4 hours.

By Gemma A

Feb 13, 2021

Good course for complete beginners. Nice introduction to core concepts without going too deep.

I knew very little about UX Design before but now I feel like I have a grasp of basic vocabulary etc and feel compelled to keep learning.

If you take notes, complete the suggested exercises and skim read through some of the recommended websites you will get the most out of this course.

By Guilherme R P

Sep 8, 2020

Very good for beginners like me. The course gives you good insights into the main process of the UX design and describes shortly, but structured some techniques that can be applied in each step. I will definately look for more advanced content. 4 stars because some questions in the tests are not perfectly understandable. For a free course this one is definately to recommend.

By Harrison J

Mar 18, 2021

The content was great and taught in an efficient manner. The only let down is the questions that come up during the videos were formatted in a way that made it difficult to assign the selection to the description. Essentially, there was a selection 'dot' and the description was much further down the page, needing scrolling to get there that was not easily digestable.

By Lakshminarayana D

Nov 21, 2021

Good course not only for software engineers, business analytics, business intelligence and others. great knowledge sharing in terms of Requirement analysis, alternative design for sw development, management reports, etc. These two things must bring success to the processes of prototype and evaluation process. Thankyou for a great course.

By Melanie R

Oct 3, 2017

I liked the theory of this class and felt the teacher to really cater to the lowest common denominator, which is me. I am a complete beginner and really felt this class was helpful to me. There could have been a little more engagement -- I like the quizzes during the videos, which really make sure the participants are paying attention.

By Parker W

Aug 11, 2017

Very basic course that you could finish within a day. Provides a lot of useful links that help you expand your knowledge past the course, but the course itself doesn't really teach you too much. I recommend taking it since it's free knowledge and doesn't take long, but you can easily skip it and move on to something else more advanced.

By Rachna K

Mar 16, 2021

The course was really helpful and I'm glad that I opted for this. The only thing that could be better was, more updated information and softwares which could help understand the latest problems in the field of design in year 2021. I think it's high time to update the course contents according to the current scenario. Thank you :)

By Viacheslav P

Aug 31, 2019

The course is a good point to start, but i found some questions tricky for foreigners - some of questions have a difference in a single word or words are placed in another order and it is hard to tell the difference.

It would be great if after course completion you provide links to other coursera courses of the same field.

By Brooke W

Jan 20, 2022

I feel like I learned a fair amount for this course with the cost. The only thing is that I did not get my certificate emailed to me. It shows that I have to apply for this even though I have already paid. I applied and will see what happens, but I really wish I could've received my certificate for the completed course.

By Christopher T

Apr 14, 2020

Overall the course content was an excellent introduction to the topic. I have done work in this field and while I am familiar with the topics, it was good reinforcement. I would point out that I noticed some inconsistencies and typos in the PowerPoint - I don't know if this can be fixed, but it was somewhat distracting.

By Adrián N O

Dec 24, 2018

Introduction to User Experience Design was a very good first step to start into this interesting field of design. I really enjoyed to learn the basis about UX design from this course and the most value thing that i can mention is that this course had encourage me to keep learning more, so I truly recommend it.

By Andrea B

Jul 10, 2019

La profesora explica muy bien y conoce del tema pero la información no está actualizada, los recursos son bastante antiguos, tipo 2011-2014, y hay algunas cosas que ya no se hacen porque se ha demostrado que no funciona. Pero bueno igual es un buen comienzo si quieres entender las nociones básicas de UX

By STAMATIA P

Nov 5, 2020

A great introductory course. I would actually would like to be able to rate with 4.5 stars. That is because although introductory, the course could have a bit more analytic infos on some concepts or some more examples. Great work though! Being a rocky I found it very easy to keep up... Thumps up!!!!

By Erin Y

May 29, 2017

It's a very concise and easy-to-understand online course for those who want to know what is User Experience Design. The quiz after each session helped a lot to freshen up what I learned. If the quiz report can show the result of why the answer is right or wrong will be much better.

By Phillip L

Apr 25, 2021

exceptionally concise, well organised and very easy to follow. Provided great insight into the field and was excellent in doing it's intended role as an introductory course. I wish the quiz questions were a bit more well thought out and serve as better summaries for each module.