Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

126 - 150 of 851 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By sihem l

Sep 24, 2020

i have enjoyed this course, very interesting i recommend it for all people who want to obtain aa horizontal view of user experience. thank you georgia tech and coursera.

By Carolina V

Jan 9, 2019

Really good introductory course to user experience design! I have understood a lot of aspects related to design that will allow me to work better with the design team.

By Andrew W

Sep 16, 2018

The videos were quick, easy, and informative. They are a good overview. The website links were much more in-depth and very helpful; I foresee using them in the future.

By alice r

Apr 17, 2017

I am a product designer and found this course very relevant, easy to understand and has great referencing information. I will be continuing my learning in this area.

By Pravin P

May 22, 2017

Useful course especially for engineers who are involved in the functional design of the software. The course lets them understand the importance of usable software.

By Shaza M

The course was very informative for a beginner, and Dr. Rosa explained the topics clearly. I enjoyed the provided resources as well. Thanks for such a good course.

By Hana R

Oct 10, 2020

The courses give me a very straight-forward big picture of User Experience Design. I recommend this for everyone who interested in UX but not sure where to start.

By Seyed I N

Sep 16, 2020

As an introductory course, taking this course was a great decision. it covers all the essential material for user experience design within a short period of time.

By Varun K

Jul 11, 2020

Really great course for anyone staring UX design. Covers all the basics in-depth with suitable examples. Ample resources and quizzes are really well structured.

By Uzair T

The course is very well versed. It gives you an overview of User Experience Design. Looking forward to dive deep in the concepts and pursue career in the field.

By Hyeonsu L

Oct 24, 2017

I enjoyed this course as my first course on Coursera. I've been interested in UX Design as a software engineer. I could see briefly how UX design process works.

By Saif A

Jul 2, 2020

This was a very good introductory course as it was strictly introductory, so no complicated terminologies were used. Thank you for keeping it plain and simple.

By Heather S

Aug 18, 2020

It was a really good introduction course to User Experience Design. This course made me want to take more courses and dive deeper into User Experience Design.

By Julia C

Jun 23, 2020

Excellente introduction. Les vidéos du cours sont claires et compréhensibles et les liens vers les ressources en ligne sont intéressants et très bien choisis.

By Katlen F

Nov 29, 2018

I started the course without pretension and I was surprised, very good content, and examples provided were great so I could learn some usability techniques.

By Jack L

Oct 26, 2019

Simple and informative overview of the whole user experience design process. Very introductory, but is organized in a well-balanced summary of the process.

By Seshagiri S

Jul 19, 2020

This is the 1st course in Coursera that offered a comprehensive resource list. A very great instructor that made the course fun and easy for a beginner.

By Saurabh S

Jul 4, 2019

This is a nice beginner level course to understand basic terms, processes and overview of a lot of techniques which are part of User Experience Design.

By Adam W

Apr 28, 2017

Thank you very much for producing the excellent course. It was extremely clear and informative and delivered in a very engaging and stimulating manner.

By Patrick T

May 3, 2020

Great introductory level course, including some practical take aways and references to improve UX design approach in a client or professional setting.

By Chris H

Dec 14, 2019

Seemed like a great introduction to the world of UX. Some strangely worded/formatted questions, but besides that, it was a fantastic course to follow.

By Latika T

Sep 30, 2019

Excellent coverage of the topic. Learnt the basics about User Experience Design and will opt for advanced courses based on the learning from this one!

By andrés r r d

Aug 22, 2017

Is a very useful course for people who are interested in UX, the teacher, the material and the summary are complete to introducing you in this world

By Nica P

Sep 1, 2020

Easy and clear introduction. Really enjoyed the video's as it was explained very well. Good questions, not super easy but not to difficult either.

By Davmarius N

Apr 25, 2020

I am so glad I took the course! The Professor was great! Now that I have taken the course, I know I am better equipped for software development.