Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

826 - 850 of 1,219 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Clare H

Jun 23, 2020

Provided a high level and succinct introduction to User Experience Design. I found the course very easy to complete with a few videos to watch each week and very relevant and helpful reading and enjoyed testing my learning with the module quizzes which contributed to my final pass mark. I wanted a very broad and introductory level course on user experience and found this course gave me exactly that.

By Cynthia V

Jun 14, 2020

I took the course without doing the assignment, I only checked the material and videos in order to have an understanding is UX design was for me or not.

My only suggestion would be to provide more real examples (there is som given) but more into detail, about the working areas or direct tasks that a person in this field can do as a remote worker for example.

I'm glad that I did the course. Thanks

By Suchetan K

Apr 13, 2017

It's a very basic & foundational course. But very good for someone who's never learnt or done anything in UX before. The course material is simple, breezy and satisfying. I came away having learnt few new things. And the professor kept insisting that this is only foundational program and more advanced material should be pursued elsewhere. I recommend this course to all beginners of UX.

By Marcus K

Apr 23, 2018

Thanks a lot for the great introduction to UX design. Especially the parts "basics" (week 1) and "requirements engineering" (week 2) are well done. Later parts (week 3-5) are a bit more superficial and included some errors in the testing scripts.

I would recommend the course to everybody, who wants to get a first intro into the topic of UX design within a time-frame of approx 4 hours.

By Gemma A

Feb 13, 2021

Good course for complete beginners. Nice introduction to core concepts without going too deep.

I knew very little about UX Design before but now I feel like I have a grasp of basic vocabulary etc and feel compelled to keep learning.

If you take notes, complete the suggested exercises and skim read through some of the recommended websites you will get the most out of this course.

By Guilherme R P

Sep 8, 2020

Very good for beginners like me. The course gives you good insights into the main process of the UX design and describes shortly, but structured some techniques that can be applied in each step. I will definately look for more advanced content. 4 stars because some questions in the tests are not perfectly understandable. For a free course this one is definately to recommend.

By Harrison J

Mar 18, 2021

The content was great and taught in an efficient manner. The only let down is the questions that come up during the videos were formatted in a way that made it difficult to assign the selection to the description. Essentially, there was a selection 'dot' and the description was much further down the page, needing scrolling to get there that was not easily digestable.

By Lakshminarayana D

Nov 21, 2021

Good course not only for software engineers, business analytics, business intelligence and others. great knowledge sharing in terms of Requirement analysis, alternative design for sw development, management reports, etc. These two things must bring success to the processes of prototype and evaluation process. Thankyou for a great course.

By Melanie R

Oct 3, 2017

I liked the theory of this class and felt the teacher to really cater to the lowest common denominator, which is me. I am a complete beginner and really felt this class was helpful to me. There could have been a little more engagement -- I like the quizzes during the videos, which really make sure the participants are paying attention.

By Parker W

Aug 11, 2017

Very basic course that you could finish within a day. Provides a lot of useful links that help you expand your knowledge past the course, but the course itself doesn't really teach you too much. I recommend taking it since it's free knowledge and doesn't take long, but you can easily skip it and move on to something else more advanced.

By Rachna K

Mar 16, 2021

The course was really helpful and I'm glad that I opted for this. The only thing that could be better was, more updated information and softwares which could help understand the latest problems in the field of design in year 2021. I think it's high time to update the course contents according to the current scenario. Thank you :)

By Viacheslav P

Aug 31, 2019

The course is a good point to start, but i found some questions tricky for foreigners - some of questions have a difference in a single word or words are placed in another order and it is hard to tell the difference.

It would be great if after course completion you provide links to other coursera courses of the same field.

By Christopher T

Apr 14, 2020

Overall the course content was an excellent introduction to the topic. I have done work in this field and while I am familiar with the topics, it was good reinforcement. I would point out that I noticed some inconsistencies and typos in the PowerPoint - I don't know if this can be fixed, but it was somewhat distracting.

By Adrián N O

Dec 24, 2018

Introduction to User Experience Design was a very good first step to start into this interesting field of design. I really enjoyed to learn the basis about UX design from this course and the most value thing that i can mention is that this course had encourage me to keep learning more, so I truly recommend it.

By Andrea B

Jul 10, 2019

La profesora explica muy bien y conoce del tema pero la información no está actualizada, los recursos son bastante antiguos, tipo 2011-2014, y hay algunas cosas que ya no se hacen porque se ha demostrado que no funciona. Pero bueno igual es un buen comienzo si quieres entender las nociones básicas de UX

By STAMATIA P

Nov 5, 2020

A great introductory course. I would actually would like to be able to rate with 4.5 stars. That is because although introductory, the course could have a bit more analytic infos on some concepts or some more examples. Great work though! Being a rocky I found it very easy to keep up... Thumps up!!!!

By Erin Y

May 29, 2017

It's a very concise and easy-to-understand online course for those who want to know what is User Experience Design. The quiz after each session helped a lot to freshen up what I learned. If the quiz report can show the result of why the answer is right or wrong will be much better.

By Phillip L

Apr 25, 2021

exceptionally concise, well organised and very easy to follow. Provided great insight into the field and was excellent in doing it's intended role as an introductory course. I wish the quiz questions were a bit more well thought out and serve as better summaries for each module.

By Bigyan L T

Mar 17, 2021

I enjoyed the overview of this course. I wish the videos were a bit longer and contained more real-life examples. Also, the reading materials provided were almost the same for each week. I would love to see some more new articles and informations to read as part of this course.

By Tricia C

Jan 31, 2021

This course was a great introduction to the subject. The terminology explanations were clear and the pace was perfect! I gave 4 stars out of 5 because it didn't include any peer-graded coursework that would force the learners to practice the skills in the prototyping steps.

By 韩涵

Jan 8, 2017

A very very basic but complete introduction for anyone who just wondering what UX is, or who want to structural his/her own practice in a logical and systematic manner.

It also shows ideas if you want to understand deeper.

Took me one day to go through the whole course. FYI.

By Emmanuel D

Dec 5, 2017

This is a very basic introduction, but it gives interesting information. It presents the main elements to collect user needs and to start a design. By the way, it is strongly focused on the requirements. There are not a lot of details about the design of user experience.

By Saverio C

May 13, 2019

A general overview of UX fundamentals. Many concepts are too ground level for a designer with an education background (even different than plain UX), yet brush them up is a great idea before starting a new learning path. Highly understandable and strongly recommended.

By Reza C

Nov 13, 2019

It was a good course to take when you were really a beginner in the field as it taught you the basics of UX design. However, some concepts were quite hard to grasp. But overall, this course was helpful for people who wanted to start learning about the field of UX.

By Samuel O

Apr 13, 2021

It's a really good course that helped me learning a lot about UX Design. I'm giving it a 4 stars out of 5 just because there was a lot of errors during Quizzes. Overall it's a great course for beginners (just like me) and especially because it's totally for free.