Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

226 - 250 of 875 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Anna E L S d R

Aug 30, 2016

Best ever!!! I felt in love with this course! Thanks! :)

By Paul D B

Dec 06, 2015

A very interesting course, with lots of good content. I am excited to learn more now about design thinking. The video featuring Dr. Hess was hilarious! I would love to take a course with him!

By LAZZERINI R

Nov 01, 2016

Very nice initiation to design thinking.

By Sri D M

Oct 26, 2016

A must-do course for anyone and everyone. Very inspired by this course.

By Diego C C

Jan 24, 2017

Self Assessment. I am sure you will be another executive after taking this course

By Massoud T

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent

By Juan C B

Jul 12, 2017

Although I would have loved to see more about each part of the Design Thinking process, this course gave me a very useful insight to further study Design Thinking. Moreover, it helped me start off the purpose of a business endeavor with friends of mine.

By Kelli K

Feb 28, 2017

Excellent, fresh content. I've taken many courses on design thinking, but this one was unique in its tone and approach. It speaks to the executive audience in a way other materials have not, which I appreciated.

By Jozsef A

Apr 02, 2018

Great content, structure and basic fundamentals of Design Thinking. Never a dull course even on my second take of this one. Great job Jeanne and team!

By Harish

Jun 20, 2016

Absolutely awesome course. Makes you really go back to the drawing board and re-evalate if we are building products the right way with our customers in mind. A must have course for every product developer and entrepreneur.

By William A G

Mar 02, 2017

An excellent course.

By Vivek B

May 14, 2018

Absolutely Brilliant course, Delivered in simple concise manner. Good example and cases used to illustrate the benefits of Design thinking method.

By Joël N

Dec 09, 2015

Thanks a lot Jeanne for making available this course on Design Thinking.

It was a clear materialisation of the process for exploring opportunities for innovation.

i also love the slides with great formalisations of some concepts.

Maybe one more thing, it was very useful to have a short overview of previous week at the beginning of a new module. it is coherent with how we manage our MOOC learning behavior, with sometime a lack of time and long periods away from tje course.

Joel.

By Marcelo C P S

Jan 02, 2017

Very practical and useful as a methodology of turning ideas into solutions for customers

By Jorge A B G

Mar 17, 2018

It was a very nice and interesting experience, and a proper beginning for me to study Design Thinking. I agree with the students who want another version of this course, with more advanced concepts and applications.

Thanks a lot! I enjoyed.

By Mozah

Dec 25, 2016

An excellent introduction to design thinking. The stories are great and the tools explained in the course are useful in many sectors of business

By BADRI N A

Mar 21, 2018

A good perspective to using design thinking tools and a wonderful platform to collaborate with the like-minded!

By Andreas L

Apr 11, 2016

Excellent course! I only can recommend it. Jeanne Liedtka has a great way to teach.

By Neha B

May 07, 2018

Good course to begin your journey to learn design thinking. Quick to finish and easy to understand.

By Venkata N K R

Jan 28, 2017

Scientific and detailed approach to Design Thinking for Innovation.

By Igor B

Sep 18, 2016

Very well done and extremely inspiring!

By John K

Nov 08, 2017

Excellent

By Morgana F S M

Oct 09, 2016

Very well made and understandable, with a lot of examples.

Really help me learn and I learned a lot from it!

By DIna M

Apr 18, 2016

Un curso muy bien estructurado. Conceptos claramente explicados y material de apoyo suficiente para poder investigar de manera adicional y profundizar aún mas en los

By CHOUAI A

Dec 12, 2017

Very interesting and instructive, I learned a lot about design thinking !