Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

RB
Sep 14, 2020

Very well explained with lots of practical examples - would highly recommend this course to anyone looking at getting an initial understanding of design thinking and how it can be applied practically.

226 - 250 of 1,967 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Pedro C

Jan 23, 2017

I think its a straightforward course thus being effective. It talks about the mindshift needed and the tools available. It also brings several good examples. I also like Professor Liedtka enthusiasm and holistic vision.

By Mellina M Y Y

Mar 21, 2016

Filled with real world examples and step-by-step process, Design Thinking for Innovation is an awesome course to get started on Design Thinking. This was specially useful for my upcoming projects so thank you very much!

By Chandan V

Mar 31, 2020

This course is designed well and the examples are also very properly placed with the course content. Learnt a lot from the course, I think this course would be helpful for all irrespective of the Industry they work in.

By Amod K

Mar 10, 2020

Content was well covered with case studies and examples. Tools shared in this course are useful in day to day practice and to derive outcome. It helped me in structuring thought process well during innovation process.

By Purushottam B

Jul 10, 2020

Very nicely developed with powerful videos, content and resources. For a beginner who is interested in DT I think it is one of the best courses. My heartfelt gratitude to Prof. Jeanne for floating such a nice course.

By Marco P

Jan 7, 2020

Enlightening! It gives clear structure to many notions and preconceived ideas. It provides useful tools to face the ever-changing environment with innovation bravery. I liked it a lot and start applying it right away.

By Michael T O

Mar 22, 2019

The course was a great introduction to the design thinking process. I found it to be surprisingly powerful and effective in illustrating how to 'design think' and have already applied it to my job. Highly recommend!

By Tali T

Sep 14, 2017

I enjoyed the course very much, and found it highly insightful. I look forward continuing learning and applying Design Thinking, as it is a great creative and effective approach to any challenge and organization.

I

By Neeraj K s

Jul 27, 2020

The course was quite amazing and the best part of this is that we can actually apply the method in real scenario. Thank you for bringing this course on Coursera. The instructor was also very engaging and polite.

By Kelli K

Feb 28, 2017

Excellent, fresh content. I've taken many courses on design thinking, but this one was unique in its tone and approach. It speaks to the executive audience in a way other materials have not, which I appreciated.

By Gabriel F

Nov 15, 2015

Very good course I recommend to everyone interested in learning new ways to develop solutions in any field of business or beyond, Jeanne is a great teacher an explains all with simplicity and easy understanding.

By Amilkar T

Sep 30, 2019

Great introduction into Design Thinking from one of the leading voices of Design Thinking. Vastly exceeded my expectations and would strongly recommend it to anyone that is trying to solve any type of challenge

By Danielle L

Aug 8, 2020

im a user experience designer and this was a really insightful course from a business perspective to help paint the larger picture of how design thinking can be applied to more uses than just digital products.

By Ran L

May 10, 2018

Jeanne has been one of the best presenters I've ever seen. The words from her mouth carry great depth of thoughts and passion for what she cares about. I'm definitely retaking this course in the coming future.

By DEEP N

Apr 15, 2020

Excellent Content for people who want to peruse Design Thinking for innovation. This course gives you a new perspective and methodology which can be applied while building a business model or a case study.

By Ioana C C

Apr 13, 2020

I really like that it is an interactive online course and it is used the "we learn from each other" approach.

As a recommendation, I would include more references to the tools presented throughout the course.

By Gregorio M

Apr 9, 2020

Great course with a lot of insightful content and several practical cases that can give you a nice good approach to Design Thinking fundamentals.

It was one of the best courses that I´ve ever took at Coursera.

By Lynn I

Jun 5, 2020

A great course for those that are new to Design Thinking or those who have been practicing & applying the concepts in problem solving for years but without this formal title or methodology. Highly recommend!

By Brijesh V

Aug 13, 2019

It was a wonderful experience to be a part of this course.

I have learnt many things new concepts & got clarity about many topics.

I am looking forward to implementing the teaching of this course in my career.

By PENG C M

This course in very useful for experience manager like myself. It help to change the mindset dealing with day to day work. Help me to switch to growth mindset from fixed mindset tackling difficult problems.

By Maria L N

Feb 12, 2016

So far, this is the best online course I have taken. Prof. Liedtka was engaging, their case studies were all interesting, and the pace was just perfect. From a course designer perspective, this one is tops.

By Rohan

Oct 6, 2020

I learned alot from this course. Helped me to look at things differently and also paved my thinking towards design and innovation. I will highly recommend this course. It is for any background professional

By 苏晓佳

Jul 29, 2019

Very inspiring for me! All these things learning in the class can be applied to various aspects of my work and especially my life. I want to thank Professor Jeanne for your brilliant sharing and teaching!

By Abhishek G Z

Jun 24, 2019

It has helped in building my understanding about designing rather simply sketching it meant to me. It gave me a broad spectral view on coming across each product and to make resourceful ideas for the same

By rapheal s

Aug 23, 2020

Design thinking to me is what wows and mind mapping to me is a gift and it takes wisdom to operate in such dimension a stable mind not a double mind and i am glad to be part of the design thinking family