Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

Aug 31, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

226 - 250 of 1,745 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Lynn I

Jun 06, 2020

A great course for those that are new to Design Thinking or those who have been practicing & applying the concepts in problem solving for years but without this formal title or methodology. Highly recommend!

By Brijesh V

Aug 13, 2019

It was a wonderful experience to be a part of this course.

I have learnt many things new concepts & got clarity about many topics.

I am looking forward to implementing the teaching of this course in my career.

By PENG C M

This course in very useful for experience manager like myself. It help to change the mindset dealing with day to day work. Help me to switch to growth mindset from fixed mindset tackling difficult problems.

By Maria L N

Feb 12, 2016

So far, this is the best online course I have taken. Prof. Liedtka was engaging, their case studies were all interesting, and the pace was just perfect. From a course designer perspective, this one is tops.

By 苏晓佳

Jul 29, 2019

Very inspiring for me! All these things learning in the class can be applied to various aspects of my work and especially my life. I want to thank Professor Jeanne for your brilliant sharing and teaching!

By Abhishek G Z

Jun 24, 2019

It has helped in building my understanding about designing rather simply sketching it meant to me. It gave me a broad spectral view on coming across each product and to make resourceful ideas for the same

By rapheal s

Aug 23, 2020

Design thinking to me is what wows and mind mapping to me is a gift and it takes wisdom to operate in such dimension a stable mind not a double mind and i am glad to be part of the design thinking family

By Abhishikth T

Jul 23, 2020

This Course is amazing to learn about Handling any situation. This course focused on some highlighting Features to gather knowledge about aspects we are or will be subjected to deal in some time of life.

By Priti K

Jul 13, 2020

Grate Content, very relevant to today's problems. Prof. Jeanne M. Liedtka is charismatic and so good at holding the class at an all-time high. I would recommend this to all the managers in the business.

By Rajesh K

Nov 07, 2016

For a self paced, online course this is an excellent beginners course. The lectures are simple and examples given are very apt. I also liked the peer grading enforced as I could learn from them as well.

By Laura H

Jul 30, 2020

This course was excellent. It was enriching, well planned, and provided a great overview. The professor's videos are great resources, and she is a wonderful instructor. I can't wait to sign up for more.

By Shruti G

Jul 07, 2020

The course was power packed with meaningful statements,practical examples, expressions that goes into sub-conscious mind and many one liners to remember for a life time "Chances comes to prepared mind".

By Ignacio R

Aug 12, 2016

Excelente curso, aporta bastante material y conocimiento al tema. Las exposiciones de los instructores son muy interesantes. Buenos casos de análisis con información completa. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Rashi B

Sep 15, 2020

Very well explained with lots of practical examples - would highly recommend this course to anyone looking at getting an initial understanding of design thinking and how it can be applied practically.

By Setyobudi

Aug 31, 2018

By Celeste A B

Sep 17, 2020

Amazing course! Well structured, explained and executed! Thank you so much to all the passionate moderators, I thorough enjoyed it and learned soooooo much! I'm excited for my next course with you!

By Juan I S

Aug 13, 2020

Muy bien explicada! Es una introducción completa del Design Thinking y como aplicarlo. Los ejemplos presentados facilitan mucho la comprensión de su aplicación. Tiene una perspectiva más comercial.

By Jose M F

Feb 11, 2019

Concepts are presented in a straightforward and clear way, the examples and lectures are very relevant to the context and support the knowledge. Looking forward to using the tools in my activities.

By José R D G

Sep 08, 2020

I think it is too interesting a course, it opens your mind and makes you see a wide horizon of possibilities to analyze before making a decision inside or outside of business, I recommend it 100%

By ERDEM M

Nov 30, 2018

Hi there,

I am very grateful to have attended this program because it contains a very inspiring and mind-blowing curriculum. As I attended classes, my awareness of the subject increased much more.

By Shaneen S

Aug 08, 2018

I enjoyed the ability to learn at my own pace and time. The videos, transcripts and resources are excellent. I highly recommend this course for Public Servants who deliver services or products.

By Téo B

Jul 31, 2020

Definitely the best course I've never seen! it is mostly based on the experience of the "teachers" and gives relevant feedback. Lesson learnt and best practices are the baseline of this course.

By Paul D B

Dec 06, 2015

A very interesting course, with lots of good content. I am excited to learn more now about design thinking. The video featuring Dr. Hess was hilarious! I would love to take a course with him!

By Hernan T

I recommend the course. I found very interesting the way the course addresses design thinking applied to business, as well as the opportunity to learn about the cases developed by classmates.

By IRA M

Aug 05, 2020

It's a great course with good material to learn, in fact I realize that visual communication, empathy and a good interpersonal relationship can express your point of view in an engaging way.