Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

226 - 250 of 1,265 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Adebowale O

Feb 22, 2018

I found this course realy useful. The delivery style was also quite good. I recommended it to three of my friends. One has signed up and is with the current cohort.

By Mohamed A E

Feb 27, 2019

One of the best courses I have ever experienced. I would recommend this to all people, who are looking for extraordinary performance at work place and in business.

By Jenny O

Sep 19, 2017

this is one of the best courses I have ever taken!

definitely helping my career: at my current job but also with what I want to do next and how to continue growing.

By Erin L

Aug 14, 2017

This course will enhance your business acumen, no matter your experience level. The course itself is manageable and the instructors share many beneficial concepts.

By Lalith K V

May 01, 2017

Content is the heart of any course and this course has got that perfectly. A useful and impactful course for people who want to explore new approach in Innovation

By Franklin L

Apr 07, 2020

Great course for learn specific tools I can use on a design thinking process. I appreciate the for powerful questions: What is ?, what if? what wows ? what works?

By Ricardo M S

Apr 02, 2019

This course is amazing, provide very good information, with excellent examples. I recommend to everybody who wants to know about Design Thinking take this course.

By Aishwarya S H

May 06, 2020

Definitely a course for everybody to learn to understand and evaluate the situations better in real life and workplace. This also helps to find better solutions.

By Ain N b A

Mar 31, 2020

The course provides crystal clear example of what and how to apply Design Thinking. You may also take IBM Free Design Thinking course to complement this course.

By Tatiana T

Mar 12, 2017

The course opened my mind to the technical use of design thinking tools. For me design in general has always been important, but now I feel I can argue from it.

By ANIKETH

Sep 30, 2018

This well structured course gave me insight of many unknowns to me. I will surely recommend it to any young manager who is in peruse of his carrier of success.

By Jee L

Apr 26, 2018

Great introduction and explanation about design thinking. Really love the course and the techniques of design thinking. I definitely will use it in daily life!

By Naveen A

Feb 21, 2018

This is an amazing course, which helps you understand fundamental concepts of Design Thinking and how it can help one innovate and solve problems at workplace.

By Neha S

Mar 08, 2020

Simple explanations, great examples and very easy to follow. Gained a lot of insights about the whole process. Intrigued to learn more about Design Thinking.

By Anshuman G

May 17, 2019

Excellent course for practitioners who are involved in some way or other on projects which could deliver better through design thinking through innovation.

By Adeolu A

This is really awesome! The instructors were so detailed in the lectures. I have rich knowledge of what design thinking for innovation is all about. Thanks

By Bernardo G d B

Jan 14, 2020

Was really a pleasant experience. Was some motivating that i bought both book versions (theoretical and practical). Really would love to go deeper into it.

By Monika

Aug 21, 2018

A very good course. Helps you to understand how to look at a business problem and provide solution to it by thinking creatively leading to true innovation.

By Paul G

Aug 21, 2017

Very clever storytelling made good picture in my mind and is still there as visual thinking guide.

i have had some courses already that was one of my top 5

By Vinita S

May 15, 2020

The lecture videos are very good, the flow of the content is too good. Also the speaker is very articulate and speaks with lot of experience and expertise

By NIRMALA A J B

Nov 02, 2017

It was very informative and when the assigments were submitted it was not up to the mark but later based on the feedbacks given was able to correct myself

By Iker I

Oct 19, 2017

Very useful and interesting approach for innovation, the course is dinamic, engaging and strongly practical and full of examples. I strongly recommend it.

By Carolie S

May 06, 2016

This was, by far, the most useful online course I have taken. The course quality is excellent and the concepts were explained clearly. I highly recommend.

By Herman d P

Oct 19, 2019

Inspiring and great course. IMO one of the best approaches and mind-set for successful innovations, where customers are part an important of the process.

By Asgar K

Jan 27, 2018

Coursed details was good within a limited time frame.

Got to learn and understand the problem and getting solutions with a diffrent perspective.

Thank you.