Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

826 - 850 of 875 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

Oct 05, 2018

N

By Shubham K S

Aug 30, 2018

I wish the subject was bit more clear. I felt i lost direction in between the lectures about the main goal of the lecture.

By VERONICA B H

Nov 01, 2016

I would appreciate more practical cases with the detailed methodology that were applied. Also I will love external resources to study and examples of design thinking applied in different types of industries

By Felipe A C

Nov 27, 2015

The course is pretty uneventful. I have done some courses from other universities, which are more interactive and fun. But the content is great!

By Simon C

Aug 05, 2017

The first few modules where the basics are covered are much more useful than the final modules, where things felt more like promotional vehicles for their books and services.

By Tanuja P

Apr 19, 2018

The subject is very useful. But the way it has been taught --- it felt that the instructors were reading from a book. I am specially surprised because these courses are meant to be for an international audience, many of whom do not have American-English as their primary language. There were so many references to America-specific phrases and cultural concepts!

By Sam E

Oct 24, 2016

The course videos are well made and insightful. Except for the very end there are no quizzes and assignments. This misses out what for me is a vital part of the learning experience, regular feedback and reflection.

By Mohit A

Apr 30, 2017

Appreciate this course a lot, it was crisp and to the point. Major focus was on using Design Thinking tool.

The only downside was the lack of reference material. Course should include the slides that were presented in the video as well as some additional reading material (available for free)

By Thomas R

Feb 08, 2018

The course is ok and gives a good first introduction to Design Thinking. The Videos are good and allow for easy understanding. However, the course material (hand outs) provided is relatively poor. There should be at least a good sized handout of the 4 questions which are so central to the lecture. At times the course feels like a bait to sign up to the more comprehensive sessions offered by the School.

By Cortlandt C

Sep 19, 2016

I audited this course. The videos are in fact useful. However, it would appear that the real interaction is reserved for the later weeks of the course. Thus moving from theory to application can be a bit abstract. Of course I did purchase the book and workbook created by the author and have found them to have additional material to support application.

By Diego V V

May 01, 2018

Need more hands on activities and samples

By Javier C

Oct 03, 2016

This course starts quite well but it´s awful at finish

By Dmitry A

Feb 05, 2018

This might have been a great course, if it was called Design Thinking 101. Somehow I expected more of content, frameworks and details. More engagement like assignments would also be great.

By C. C

Dec 13, 2015

I previously gave this course a 5-star review; however, upon realising that there is no way to access the classroom after receiving the final grade and certificate, I simply can't give it the same excellent review. I have no way of accessing discussions and my final assignment to see any feedback classmates have given. There is also no option to re-take the final assignment, which was peer-graded and I believe I was not properly evaluated by my peers.

By Christopher K

Mar 20, 2018

I felt the course materials could be presented in a more easy-to-digest format, while the selected speakers could be more succinct in their presentations and less subjectively opinionated, especially Ed Hesse. I feel this destroys credibility when too much emotion and superlatives are invoked.

By Fernando S

Feb 06, 2018

Very simple

By Bianca G

Jul 04, 2018

Good course to provide a good understanding of what is design thinking and its process, but doesn't give us practical experience and cases for testi

By Klaas G

Jun 29, 2017

I really like the subject, but the content of this course could be more engaging. It is more or less 4 weeks/chapters of passively watching video. Of course there's a possibility to discuss things in the forum, but I prefer some kind of weekly assignments (chunking!) which let me reflect on the content learnt that week. There is also improvement possible in visualizing the key concepts/constructs/ideas of this course.

By Marc M

Mar 07, 2017

Interesting course, but the evaluation process should be reworked with weekly quizz to ensure that the main concepts have been understood and a different final exam which does not assume that you already had the opportunity to apply and reflect upon what you have learned

By Fabienne L

Feb 10, 2016

A very well-done introduction to Design Thinking

By Gyr M

Jan 25, 2017

The course is made for managers who want to get on the innovation wagon.

By Jacques H

Jun 27, 2017

GOOD but they should add more assignments to allow us to practice

By Giulianno C C

Feb 11, 2016

Great materials, great learning system! I could get some inspiration and learning, but i thought it was to short.

By Antonia R

Feb 06, 2018

Great videos and explanation of design thinking methods. The stories used as examples were illustrating the content, too. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that I do not have much written material or slides after finishing the course although I had taken notes during the videos. I guess there is no way around buying the book of the instructor! That is disappointing because I could have done that in the first place without taking this class.

By Erick A R A d l S

Jan 08, 2018

In the videos you should apply the visualization tool to explain ideas further, they are purely verbal and can get to be boring. There should be an assignment for each concept to fully understand the design thinking tools.

It is too vague ; The lack of interaction and assignments don't help.