Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

826 - 850 of 1,019 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Zacarias V

Jan 23, 2016

Nice Course, right to the point. Good use of some of design tools. Probably will be better if the course has more in depth info and more tools but is really helpful.

By V.S.N. M

Jan 25, 2018

Innovative thinking approach to real time challenges and finding solutions on going basis for the existing or new products/services/ processes to reach excellency.

By Rachana P

Aug 01, 2019

The course is very good to understands basics of design thinking and shared details around the tools. The tools can be explained through couple of more examples

By Ashish A

Dec 15, 2019

I liked the course content including case studies. will love to apply acquired knowledge in real projects. assignment review system could be improved though.

By Aslı S

Jul 31, 2019

It is inspiring and makes you question the way you process your ideas. I found materials very useful and practical. Anyone can enroll and finish this course.

By Sylwia D

Nov 29, 2017

The course was interesting but too complicated. The final assignment assumed that everyone would have applied design thinking tool in their work in the past.

By Tyler W

Jun 12, 2016

Great course. Learning a new way to problem solve and think in an innovative mindset is something we all need to succeed in this every competitive world.

By José L A C e S

Nov 10, 2015

Great Explanation, and very useful to modify certain mindsets. I think that the book should be complementar to this course, eventually with more detail?

By Kenny C R

Nov 26, 2019

The course was highly nutritive, although I would have like to hear more about other tools that can be used and look more deep into their applications.

By Rakesh S

Sep 11, 2019

Pretty good lectures. I would improve by providing more typical example templates that were used prior so we could use them for our real-time problems.

By Essy A

Nov 08, 2017

The course overall is such a key skill to polish. I am a happy student. Design Thinking for Innovation has given me such insight and a new perspective.

By Ry G M

Feb 10, 2016

Good course! The flow of the modules fit perfectly.

But I wished they uploaded the lecture slides and the templates for the design thinking process.

By Casey N

Aug 16, 2019

Great course, but you get out of it what you put into it. I thought it was a very good introduction to the concepts, principles, and basic tools.

By Baibaswata C

Apr 24, 2019

Some portions of the course need more detailing, for a better understanding of the concepts. Nevertheless, its a good primer on Design Thinking.

By Zhiyin L

May 02, 2018

Very helpful course to learn design thinking, giving 4 stars because I think the final assignment is not evaluating all contents of the course.

By Dennis G

Apr 28, 2017

Very much enjoyed all the videos and the lessons learned. Have already started to try an use some of the techniques and concepts I learned.

By Luis E L A

Aug 07, 2019

Great course to understand the basics, I would like it to have deepen into the tools available for the workshops but it was a good start.

By Vazgen B

Jul 08, 2016

Very interesting course, but a bit short though - it just covers the surface of design thinking and some of its tools (very well done).

By Rosellini

Apr 15, 2018

Really good courses and support but some videos are may be too long and could be divided in 2 or 3. Also, give more concrete examples.

By Krishna C R

Nov 05, 2018

Could have included some more case studies to help to understand better. But overall the structure and content of the course is good.

By Sonya M

Jan 01, 2017

The content of this course was written well, and very clear. It was a good overview of DT and the Professor is very knowledgeable.

By Daniel S B

Feb 16, 2018

Great introduction to Design Thinking.

It would be better if some examples of real cases using the different tools could be added.

By Priscilla M

Mar 26, 2018

The course was great. I would recommend more practical examples to ensure clear understanding of all the design thinking tools

By Ale S

Jan 07, 2018

Excellent introduction to design thinking, I really recommend to read the book "Design for growth" if you want to go deeper...

By Alex K

Feb 08, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. It had a management stance, which for me as a product designer was insightful. Clearly presented.