Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

151 - 175 of 877 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Mohammad V

Dec 01, 2016

By Sandor S

Jul 07, 2017

Good short course giving good insights about what are the basics of design thinking.

By Jeffrey B

Jun 17, 2016

The best. So grateful for this class offering. A must-take course.

By Rohan C

Feb 22, 2017

This course was extremely helpful in getting the perspective and live examples of Design thinking!

By Marcelo D S

Mar 19, 2017

Excelente !

By Eva h

Feb 10, 2017

Just great!

By Prashant S

Aug 22, 2017

A very effective course to understand Design Thinking concepts. Real life cases taken as illustration helps in understanding

By Bo B H

Feb 26, 2016

I like this course but I hope also provide free certificate also.

By Carolina E

Aug 25, 2017

Really clear!

By William H R

Dec 30, 2015

The case studies included in this course really hammer home the principles being taught.

By Greg H

Dec 12, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! It's informative, insightful and focused on practical application. It will definitely help me inspire deeper application of design thinking within my firm.

By Ram S

May 26, 2017

Great introduction to Design thinking. I loved this course. Lots of learning.

By ronald

Mar 09, 2016

A very compelling and resourceful course. Professor Jeanne M. Liedtka's approach to educating design thinking is rather fascinating.

By Alexandre A

Jan 18, 2016

Excellent,

By Harish

Jun 20, 2016

Absolutely awesome course. Makes you really go back to the drawing board and re-evalate if we are building products the right way with our customers in mind. A must have course for every product developer and entrepreneur.

By Marcelo C P S

Jan 02, 2017

Very practical and useful as a methodology of turning ideas into solutions for customers

By Jorge A B G

Mar 17, 2018

It was a very nice and interesting experience, and a proper beginning for me to study Design Thinking. I agree with the students who want another version of this course, with more advanced concepts and applications.

Thanks a lot! I enjoyed.

By Neha B

May 07, 2018

Good course to begin your journey to learn design thinking. Quick to finish and easy to understand.

By Christopher J

Nov 30, 2017

w00t!

By Rishi R

Jun 25, 2017

A great course for solving practical business issues

By Louis S D

Nov 11, 2017

This is a wonderful course and I applaud Prof Liedtka on her teaching methodology combining structure with creativity. Each of the tools listed are really useful in expressing the design thought process in action and every one of the experts have lent their unique perspectives, which have been really helpful in outlining the idea that Design Thinking tries to convey. My only gripe if any would be the assignment rubric, which shackles the author within a very walled framework and defeats the purpose of thinking out of the box. While it offers a precious guideline for the peer to evaluate, it more or less mandates the author to stick within this and it applies some sort of unwritten pressure on the peer to rate only on those defined yardsticks, which again effectively brings down the scope for the writer of the reflection to bring in fresh approaches into their piece. Design Thinking in spirit has to involve a level of creative thinking within a structured framework, but if the structure takes precedence, then in all probability creativity would take an uncomplimentary second position. Please take this for what it is, but be sure that the course and the material have been totally outstanding, and I commend the Darden team for putting this out on Coursera.

By Nwanneka O