Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

RB
Sep 14, 2020

Very well explained with lots of practical examples - would highly recommend this course to anyone looking at getting an initial understanding of design thinking and how it can be applied practically.

526 - 550 of 2,272 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Luis M

Jan 13, 2020

This course bring a very good insight about Design Thinking and help me open my mind and curiosity to learn more about this topic.

By Bruno S M

Jan 7, 2020

Very good introduction course to have a good overview of the Design Thinking process and how to apply into any innovation process.

By Marwin E G H

Dec 10, 2019

muy buen curso y ejercicios muy buenos. adicional al material recomendado por la profesora es bastante util y facil de comprender.

By Michael L

Sep 23, 2019

I used some free days to run through the material - and had a lot of knowledge before. This course was a perfect round-up. Thanks!

By ivonne h

Oct 12, 2020

Was very completed and help to understand the methodology and the tools that we can use to improve our processes and our service.

By ALOK R S

Aug 18, 2020

Great course to understand the process and the mind mapping to bring on ideas and understand the challenges in a focused approach

By JUAN C

Jun 15, 2020

me pareció un fantastica oportunidad para ampliar mis conocimientos y mas importante mi perspectiva en la resolución de problemas

By Marcelo N

Jun 8, 2020

Great course presenting the basics of design thinking in a very practical way.

Recommended for every business developer out there!

By Rakesh K

Mar 12, 2020

Wonderful Course. Happy to be part of the wonderful learning. Now, it is my responsibility to implement the learning and grow. :)

By Oded N

Feb 12, 2019

Fantastic couse for anyone who is interested in learning the unique and powerfull problem solving method known as design thinking

By Karin O

Feb 8, 2018

O curso é rico em informações e Business Case, e me auxiliou no conhecimento sobre formas práticas de implementação no dia a dia.

By Sebastián R

Nov 28, 2015

A methodological approach that provides both a global overview of Design Thinking and tools to solve real life scenarios with it.

By duverney c m

Nov 16, 2020

I learned useful tools for analyzing problems and designing solutions, and I going to use nearly in my I+D projects. So thanks!!

By Gloriana S C C

Sep 3, 2020

Excellent work explaining and generating diverse points of view !!!

I liked that different people with great visions participated

By Kimberly C M

Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course, easy to do on my own time, teaching videos were very high quality. I learned a lot and enjoyed the experience.

By Chelsea H

Jun 4, 2020

Great introduction into a topic I had never heard of. I liked the use of stories to explain the usefulness of the various tools.

By AJIT R

May 23, 2020

Awesome curse, a place where you get to practice what you learnt. Good starting point for this new lifestyle of design thinking.

By Seth H

Feb 5, 2017

This course provided an engaging introduction to Design Thinking along with its practical application and interesting use cases.

By Diego A G M

Oct 14, 2020

Excellent course! It has quality content and also offers real-life examples to apply what has been learned. Thank you so much!!

By Nataliia B

Sep 9, 2020

This course is very inspiring and practical. It gave me few insights for my job and I'm going to drill more in DT pecularities.

By Daniela P R

Sep 12, 2017

ótimo curso para trazer uma visão do que é o desing thinking, com ferramentas práticas e de fácil aplicação em nosso dia a dia.

By meenakshi s

Feb 8, 2016

Great Course! The problems which were discussed were very realistic. I loved how to breakdown each problem and work towards it.

By Karim S

Apr 2, 2021

Amazing ... thanks for University of Virginia and all instructors and sure thanks too much to Coursera

Best Regards,

Amr Ewidah

By Edgar M d S

Jul 9, 2020

O curso é ótimo! Apresenta ferramentas bem eficazes para ajudar na nossa forma projectual dentro de uma empresa ou fora. Amei.

By Sharan S P

Jun 6, 2020

the teaching was very good. they have taught me a lot of tools that i can use as a professional and i am very thankful to them