Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

251 - 275 of 1,612 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Varsha S

Amazing course and an awesome tutor. I would definitely recommended this course to all who would wish to learn design thinking and want to influence others by their thoughts and story.

By Diana H

Feb 13, 2020

I was very happy with my experience with the course. The information and videos taught me a lot about design thinking and the writing assignment was a great way assess that knowledge.

By Vijay R

Jul 31, 2017

This course gave me an opportunity to learn 'practical' Design Thinking directly from the inspiring teacher/professor , Jeanne Liedtka with very engaging course videos and exercises.

By Javier S F

Jun 09, 2020

Professor Liedtka keeps you engaged throughout the course. You learn at your own pace what you need to know to kick start a new way of solving problems by applying design approach.

By Juan M D P

Apr 09, 2020

Es un excelente curso, herramientas muchas veces sub valoradas se muestran con una nueva fuerza y aplicación para darle valor a proyectos que están en proceso o deben ser repensados

By Alejandro A L

May 07, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Very happy with it. Very well designed, and top quality in terms of content and - specially - technology. Applicability is high. I am totally satisfied

By Juanita B

Aug 22, 2018

The course includes several tools to implement the design thinking approach. Also gives some example on how big companies have resolved their own strategic problems using this tool

By Senthil k J S

This course changed my independent thinking into dependent thinking

I really inspired by the instructor and her associates for excellent instructional course design and delivery.

By claudio y

Jul 25, 2019

Muy buen curso con conceptos muy simples y faciles de implementar y que te entrega herramientas concretas para poder desarrollar una forma de pensar para prepararte para innovar.

By Mate B

Apr 02, 2020

I have learned a lot of useful and inspirational information with regards to design thinking. I am certain that I will be using most of the content from the course.

Thanks a lot.

By Vanessa A

The course is very thorough and interesting. The course length and the manner in which the lector's are spread out allow flexibility to complete weekly tasks. Enjoyable course.

By Shaurya s

May 02, 2020

A very creative course and helped me gain a lot of insight towards how to process, arrange and interpret your thoughts and also, how to foster innovative and creative thinking.

By Parth A S

It is a must course for the newly startup guys or Students who are currently focussing on many things , these course will brainstorm and boost your mind with the design tools

By Hamsapriya S

Jun 12, 2018

I've learned a lot of different techniques and gained perspective through this course that no other content on internet could provide me. This course is "Impact delivered"

By Ewaldo A

Jun 11, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. The explanation fro the lecturer was simple yet practical. The assignment also helped me to implement what i have learned in the course.

By Rhema B D P

Aug 17, 2019

I love the methodology that was taught in this course, even the reading list is robust and complimentary. It's actionable and very relevant in today's business landscape.

By Jaime A P J

Aug 19, 2018

This course is very enlightening. It is able to tackle what we need to know about design thinking for innovation. The video lectures and resources are very comprehensive.

By Edward S

May 31, 2017

This was such a great course and introduction to Design Thinking. Was fantastic and well structured course which was easy to work through and apply to the end assignment.

By Paz A R C

Jul 17, 2020

Este curso te ayuda a dar solución a problemas de forma creativa usando herramientas concretas que te ayudan a desarrollar este tipo de pensamiento en ti y en los demás.

By Alex G

Excellent course. Well presented, really compelling examples and material. To me, the 2nd best course I've taken on here (2nd to Richard Shell's Success course at Penn).

By Ankush V

Sep 14, 2017

Interesting course! I had certain idea about design thinking prior to taking this course however this added the much needed value to my knowledge! Very much recommended!

By Sampanna K

Jul 28, 2017

Thank you for conducting such a meaningful course. It was a good learning and has inspired me to start practice design thinking in rigorously to solve many unmet needs.

By Kalpesh M

Apr 18, 2020

Enjoyed every session and use cases presented that provided deeper insights and power of design thinking to engage. The instructors made all the difference. THANK YOU.

By Ali T J

Dec 24, 2019

Excellent course, great start and an eye opener to innovation, how to make it the right way and how to avoid the common mistakes and get acquainted with it. Thanks. Ali

By Akinbisola B A

Jan 12, 2020

This course has opened my mind to creative thinking, believing in the act of process that it is fine to fail cause there are chances to succeed after a failed attempt.